• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and I thought as a goodwill gesture to make myself comfortable here that I'd give you just some leaks that I've verified from my sources for next week's direct.

1. Chrono Trigger 2d hd remake is being announced here, that is a fact and is undisputable
2. New donkey kong game that's like a mix of 2d and 3d it's kind of weird to describe you have to see it to understand it
3. Final fantasy tactics remake will be shown here
4. Metroid 2 and 3 remakes shown here

The direct airs next Tuesday so you'll be able to confirm all of this then and I hope we can really get along here and get to know each other better and maybe respect each other a little more
Weren't you just banned?

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and I thought as a goodwill gesture to make myself comfortable here that I'd give you just some leaks that I've verified from my sources for next week's direct.

1. Chrono Trigger 2d hd remake is being announced here, that is a fact and is undisputable
2. New donkey kong game that's like a mix of 2d and 3d it's kind of weird to describe you have to see it to understand it

The direct airs next Tuesday so you'll be able to confirm all of this then and I hope we can really get along here and get to know each other better and maybe respect each other a little more

2 and 3 remakes would imply even MORE work went into them tha 1 since it was branded as a remaster.

Interesting. Well, that means the 3 Zelda Amiibo getting restocked could relate to Wind Waker/Twilight Princess ports finally happening. Also, points good for something like Smash getting something since after MK8, they really don't have anything to promote the Expansion Pass beyond, like Mario Party 3. They're definitely going to have something to keep interest going.

A bit disappointed at the lack of DLC, at least for now, though the game is already massive.
Or it could be related to the Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo that was previously announced and still doesn't have an exact release date yet.

Everytime zippo makes an alt on here

a7PqaZO.png

Or it could be related to the Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo that was previously announced and still doesn't have an exact release date yet.
They don't typically do restocks for new Amiibo announcements. The reason for that is due to it drowning out the new Amiibo you're trying to release. They didn't restock any of the Smash Amiibo for any other Amiibo releases. They tend to be exclusively for software or big brand pushes (which tends to include software unless you're the Mario Movie).

Cheers for this, this kind of dissembling nonsense is a perfect encapsulation of all the fake-ass DK rumors from the past few years. Good bit.

2 and 3 remakes would imply even MORE work went into them tha 1 since it was branded as a remaster.
Well hold on, they said Metroid 2 and 3. Not Metroid Prime 2 and 3. So presumably they're claiming a port of Samus Returns and a remake of Super Metroid.

note: definitely NOT saying I buy this at all. Just, you know, trying to parse what's being said, even if it's complete bullshit. Because I don't know why.

Once again:
5de.jpg

I think this is a good time to come clean. I have been lying to you all.

I am not switchum.

My true name is Mr. Gerald Famiboards.

Donkey kong is not happening this direct gang, why would they announce another headlining 2d platformer before wonder. And why would you name yourself not zippo 😂

Hi NotZippo. Here is what we are going to offer you. If you are right with all four leak predictions, then we will let you keep posting here. If you are wrong, we will permaban your account. No if's and's or but's. I've already quoted your post so there is no updating or going back from this prediction.

In the meantime, we would appreciate that you avoided any antagonizing or trolling of this community. Due to your proximity to a controversial figure on Twitter and seemingly a recently banned member, the staff is watching you closely.

Sounds fair?

Metroid prime 2 and 3 not happening yet, maybe only 2 if its a remaster, but they saving 2 and 3 likely for later date closer to announcment of switch 2. Metroid prime 4 is a console seller it would be silly to push metroid so hard now instead of waiting

New console is holiday 2024 earliest. Nintendo going to sell 20 million switches this year no reason to be sooner, they want to make nintendo switch highest seller of all time for investors to get a hard on 🥳

Hi NotZippo. Here is what we are going to offer you. If you are right with all four leak predictions, then we will let you keep posting here. If you are wrong, we will permaban your account. No if's and's or but's. I've already quoted your post so there is no updating or going back from this prediction.

In the meantime, we would appreciate that you avoided any antagonizing or trolling of this community. Due to your proximity to a controversial figure on Twitter and seemingly a recently banned member, the staff is watching you closely.

Sounds fair?
fun-police_770488_1.jpg

The Direct airing next Tuesday would be a very odd choice, since IIRC the only time we've ever had a Tuesday General Direct was last year's September and the only reason it was on Tuesday is because they did it the week of TGS and it was super last minute.

Hey folks. I'm not new to the forum, and I thought as a goodwill gesture to make more people here comfortable with me, that I'd give you just some Danny Devito roles that I've verified from my sources to be awesome.

1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, that is a fact and is undisputable
2. Matilda.
3. Twins.
4. Batman Returns.

What are your favorite Danny Devito roles and will you be watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead of worrying about more Nintendo announcements in Nintendo's best gaming year since 2017 or will that just be me?

Its definitely september 13 direct, the pokemon dlc drops that day. I don't know if anyone remembers that, because i didn't until i saw it on twitter, lamest ass dlc 😂

Hey folks. I'm not new to the forum, and I thought as a goodwill gesture to make more people here comfortable with me, that I'd give you just some Danny Devito roles that I've verified from my sources to be awesome.

1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, that is a fact and is undisputable
2. Matilda.
3. Twins.
4. Batman Returns.

What are your favorite Danny Devito roles and will you be watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead of worrying about more Nintendo announcements in Nintendo's best gaming year since 2017 or will that just be me?
No Hercules on that list?

Metroid prime 4 is a console seller it would be silly to push metroid so hard now instead of waiting.
Nah man. Metroid doesn't sell systems. Metroid Prime certainly wouldn't either. The highest selling Metroid game has sold 3 million units on a console with an install base if 120+ million. That's like 2% of Switch owners.. Sure, maybe they could get 2 million Metroid fans to buy Switch 2's, but Metroid fans are Nintendo fans who will buy the next system anyways. Better to launch on the system with more players and try to get them interested. Not saying Prime 4 won't come to the next system, but imo it won't be an exclusive they try to sell the system with.

The Direct airing next Tuesday would be a very odd choice, since IIRC the only time we've ever had a Tuesday General Direct was last year's September and the only reason it was on Tuesday is because they did it the week of TGS and it was super last minute.
I don't know if that's true. Nintendo just seems to like the date of September 13th, since 3/5 September generals since 2017 have been on that date (and the other two happened in different weeks altogether). And it just so happened that 2022 was the only one that was a Tuesday.

But by that same token, it would be a very odd choice to air the Direct next Tuesday, since the 13th is next Wednesday!

klZzFWj.jpg

I don't know if that's true. Nintendo just seems to like the date of September 13th, since 3/5 September generals since 2017 have been on that date (and the other two happened in different weeks altogether). And it just so happened that 2022 was the only one that was a Tuesday.

But by that same token, it would be a very odd choice to air the Direct next Tuesday, since the 13th is next Wednesday!
Hmm... you might be onto something there! Although the September 2018 Direct was originally scheduled for the 6th and moved back a week due to the earthquake, so really it's 2/5. But still, it's a lot of September 13th. So the theory that if it falls in the week in which the 13th exists, it'll be that day, is sound.

Well hold on, they said Metroid 2 and 3. Not Metroid Prime 2 and 3. So presumably they're claiming a port of Samus Returns and a remake of Super Metroid.

note: definitely NOT saying I buy this at all. Just, you know, trying to parse what's being said, even if it's complete bullshit. Because I don't know why.

I know, but I figured they meant Prime, because obviously we aren't getting a Super Metroid remake. And no one casually refers to Super Metroid as Metroid 3. But yeah, obvious BS is obvious.

Sounds fair?

Metroid prime 2 and 3 not happening yet, maybe only 2 if its a remaster, but they saving 2 and 3 likely for later date closer to announcment of switch 2. Metroid prime 4 is a console seller it would be silly to push metroid so hard now instead of waiting

New console is holiday 2024 earliest. Nintendo going to sell 20 million switches this year no reason to be sooner, they want to make nintendo switch highest seller of all time for investors to get a hard on 🥳

The Switch 2 is going to sell a trillion units with or without Prime 4. I think it's better to get it out on the OG Switch beforehand, and they can always do a performance upgrade for the next system.

As far as 2 and 3 go, I could see them happening next week, next year, or even years from now, it's impossible to say.

Chrono trigger is absolutely 100% not in this direct, specially whith final fantasy tactics announcement pretty soon

Alright so we have Zippo is disguise and Pyoro in disguise. Does anybody else have something they want to tell us?
Well, I'm gonna say it before Pyoro leaks it: I'm actually pretty famous IRL and my second name is Robinette.

Hmm... you might be onto something there! Although the September 2018 Direct was originally scheduled for the 6th and moved back a week due to the earthquake, so really it's 2/5. But still, it's a lot of September 13th. So the theory that if it falls in the week in which the 13th exists, it'll be that day, is sound.
Ah, good point. Hadn't thought about the delay.

Nah man. Metroid doesn't sell systems. Metroid Prime certainly wouldn't either. The highest selling Metroid game has sold 3 million units on a console with an install base if 120+ million. That's like 2% of Switch owners.. Sure, maybe they could get 2 million Metroid fans to buy Switch 2's, but Metroid fans are Nintendo fans who will buy the next system anyways. Better to launch on the system with more players and try to get them interested. Not saying Prime 4 won't come to the next system, but imo it won't be an exclusive they try to sell the system with.
I forgot how bad metroids sold until you replied that 😂

That being said still think its very possible. Metroid wouldn't be the launch, that will definitely be a mario game considering the movie. Either kart or 3d mario. I think metroid would come shortly after as one of many big launch year names, to diversify titles and audience from just mario, considering kart and 3d mario very likely launch year

Word of mouth the most important for selling a console. I do not know physical copies sold, but the fans talking is big for selling a console.

I wouldn't bet against physical copies although, we haven't seen a properly marketed and casual demographic targeted metroid yet. Metroid clearly has potential, shooter games will always be the biggest genre, yet we haven't seen nintendo target that audience. But will the shooter audience ever care for metroid when they already got so many shooters on the ps5, and all their friends have them too? Could be why nintendo doesn't care, because that audience will just never care about a shooter on nintendo

But mostly and most importantly, nintendo's behavior just doesn't make sense if prime 4 really for this switch. Development for 7+ years? For an end of console lifespan release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom