• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 4 – What anime or licensed game would you like to see announced at the next Direct?
Anime: I think it's time that forgotten Jump Superstars series to come back. 2.5D Smash like fighting style, 100 playable characters, including the new series like Sakamoto Days, Mission Yozokura Family, Undead Unluck and The Elusive Samurai.

Other: X-men Legends 3

Week 4 – What anime or licensed game would you like to see announced at the next Direct?

I'll pick two here myself, I'd love to see a Bocchi The Rock themed rhythm game (paired with a season 2 anime announcement!) and a new Star Wars Rouge Squadron game or a collection of the old ones. I'd forever like to see of course a new Magia Record console JRPG too haha. Maybe the new Madoka movie will increase the chances lol. Excited to see what y'all pick :)
A Trigun cel shaded Red Dead -esque open world or a Last Of Us esque Monster adaptation traveling over Europe hunting a terrifying serial killer

Xenoblade Chronicles 4.

No but for real, I've always wanted to see something coolish with Starzinger. I dont really know what kind of game, some weird space shooter thingy perhaps.

Or a sequel to Gun.Smoke

Possible Direct announcement smoke (there already is a thread for this):

Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition rated by the ESRB
ba8882f762bd1185cedd78580907b2af.png

Huh hadn't heard about the gacha elements. I was just expecting you could simply play as the main characters. I was probably waiting for reviews on the Dragon Quest Dai game anyway so I definitely am curious to hear how it shakes out for how disruptive they are.
Apparently you do play as the main cast (Dai, Maam, Pop, Hyunckel) but there's some weird "memento" or cards with various attributes you need to add to your character and level up the things in order to unlock...

It looked a lot like a gacha thing. I'll wait for reviews too.

One day I will see this appear (fan-made obviously 😭credit to u/Jack0Bear who posted this on the r/NintendoSwitch subreddit. Not sure if they made this originally but this is where I found it)
u6yyuqpmvew41.jpg

The thing that bothers me most about Beyond Good & Evil series, is that instead of trying to make this massive open-world/universe(?) type of prequel game I would 10000% be ecstatic with a sequel in the vein of the first game

Instead Ubisoft Montpellier is plagued with a bad working environment, apparently employees have taken extended leave due to sickness and stress and Beyond Good & Evil 2 hasn't even entered pre-production yet.

I say this as someone who cried at the BG&E2 re-reveal at E3 2017; Just cancel it Ubisoft, no need to drag it on this long. It's not good business wise, it's not fun for the fans and most importantly it's not healthy for your developers.

The thing that bothers me most about Beyond Good & Evil series, is that instead of trying to make this massive open-world/universe(?) type of prequel game I would 10000% be ecstatic with a sequel in the vein of the first game

This line of discussion sort of came up in the Zelda ranking thread recently, and part of the problem there is, it being a Zelda OOT like, those don't sell particularly well without the brand.

But equally, I have no idea why they greenlit BGAE2 if it wasn't to be a Zelda like to begin with, was always weird.

Instead Ubisoft Montpellier is plagued with a bad working environment, apparently employees have taken extended leave due to sickness and stress and Beyond Good & Evil 2 hasn't even entered pre-production yet.

I say this as someone who cried at the BG&E2 re-reveal at E3 2017; Just cancel it Ubisoft, no need to drag it on this long. It's not good business wise, it's not fun for the fans and most importantly it's not healthy for your developers.

Cough Cough

BGE2 has been repurposed into Star Wars Outlaws FYI

New games in any existing non-video game franchise are the spirit of the question, but old games coming back are cool too :) I never played that Transformers game (I think the only one I have was the one based off Armada on PS2?), but I've always heard good things!

It's pretty good, imo, especially if you're into Platinum's action games (same director as Metal Gear Rising). Sadly their other licensed games (Korra and TMNT) weren't as good.

Sadly their other licensed games (Korra and TMNT) weren't as good.

Those games were actually directed by the same guy, Eiro Shirahama funny enough. Meanwhile as you mentioned Devastation was directed by Kenji Saito of Metal Gear Rising fame, which is prolly why it turned out much better inspite of its super puny budget and scale.

Those games were actually directed by the same guy, Eiro Shirahama funny enough. Meanwhile as you mentioned Devastation was directed by Kenji Saito of Metal Gear Rising fame, which is prolly why it turned out much better inspite of its super puny budget and scale.

Yeah, poor Shirahama lol. I guess they went back to Capcom, if it's the same person that was credited on GnG: Resurrection and the RE3 remake.

edit: Ah no, that person was a freelancer

A Star Fox game will come. We just have to see if it’s an old game remastered or a new game.
Nintendo will test if the Star Fox franchise is worthy of having a new game, by releasing a remake/remaster of a old Star Fox game, Star Fox 64 remaster here we go.

Lol, I was the first and only person to make a bet for the first week.

I don't follow this stuff closely so there's probably some sort of evidence against it, but you never know! Anything can happen!

Lol, I was the first and only person to make a bet for the first week.

I don't follow this stuff closely so there's probably some sort of evidence against it, but you never know! Anything can happen!
FWIW until the Mario Wonder Direct got announced for today I thought you had a great shot! I still can imagine it happening too, so don’t count yourself out yet for sure!

Hopefully the Mario Wonder Direct ends with Miyamoto loudly saying "I WONDER when the next Direct will be?" into the camera and then he winks and turns around and the back of his shirt says SEPTEMBER 6TH LOSERS

Dude on Gamexplain thinks we’re getting some kind of Smash booster pass to carry nso until switch 2 lol.

Wth this Smash getting dlc in the next direct is spreading
I tried to read the massive post about amiibo buy my brain isn't big enough to understand. Is there actually some strong rumor or reason to think it's happening? Or is this baseless speculation gone wild?

I tried to read the massive post about amiibo buy my brain isn't big enough to understand. Is there actually some strong rumor or reason to think it's happening? Or is this baseless speculation gone wild?
There’s a TLDR at the bottom of the post, but put simply: there are a lot of things aligning in such a way that, when aligned before, immediately preceded big important Smash Bros news/announcements/reveals etc

The exact timing is hard to pin down, though I'd point out that Sakurai's Youtube channel is probably going to wrap up in the next month or so. I doubt he'd use the channel itself for promotion of a new project, but the timing would align if he's planning to showcase his next project soon

Could the potential Smash Bros. update simply be something like them adding the Fighter's Passes to NSO Online? Just something kinda low-key?
I don't even know if putting the Fighters Passes on NSO is feasible. The DLC currently in the Expansion Pack is all first-party, adding Smash DLC means they'd have to give a cut of NSO revenue to third parties whose characters are featured

I don't even know if putting the Fighters Passes on NSO is feasible. The DLC currently in the Expansion Pack is all first-party, adding Smash DLC means they'd have to give a cut of NSO revenue to third parties whose characters are featured
“Introducing the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Switch Online Fighters Pass, for Nintendo Switch Online Plus Expansion Pack subscribers! Included in your Nintendo Switch Online Plus Expansion Pack subscription are four additional fighters for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Game! The four fighters included are Piranha Plant, Byleth, Min-Min, and Pyra and Mythra!”

Other than the big 3 mario rpg wonder and prime 4 what other nintendo games are you guys hype for, im kinda hype for warioware and the lugis mansion remaster

Could the potential Smash Bros. update simply be something like them adding the Fighter's Passes to NSO Online? Just something kinda low-key?
I doubt it. Them putting it on NSO wouldn't require them to update the game, and is something they probably would have done when Pass 2 ended (Right around the time the Expansion Pack got revealed) if they weren't holding including them off, or if they were able to include them at all. They also haven't done restocks nor new Amiibo for old expansions coming to NSO. For example, we didn't get a new Splatoon 2 Amiibo in April 2022 when they added the Octo Expansion, nor did we get a Splatoon restock.

September direct is just going to be 35 minutes of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2 footage, 5 minutes of Miyamoto asking Charles if he’d prefer to voice a Pikmin, and 5 minutes of the CEO of Nintendo setting the prototype of a GameCube Mini on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom