• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's true
you mean the fact that he posted, or do you mean...
In4Z4YA.gif

That's fair, but you have to weigh that against the number of people who have asked for Geno to appear in Super Smash Bros. SMRPG is releasing in a year that would've otherwise disappointed RPG fans with FFXVI and Starfield, whereas Mario Wonder has to contend with the new Sonic game

I have nothing against Chris Dring, I just think it ought to be apparent that he was wrong here
Super Mario RPG is a remake of a highly-beloved game from the SNES era, so I feel FFXVI and Starfield will not have any impact. As for Wonder, yes, Sonic releases a few days before it, but the Mario IP is super strong and almost untouchable, especially with the resounding success of the movie this year. Wonder will attract existing fans and new fans alike.

To be specific: according to Nate (who I trust) Nintendo did not show Press anything at Gamescom.
Honestly It would have been such good time to show off the switch 2 for the first but I guess the console may not be fully ready to show off like that yet

I just realized. Is the third party they picked up Good-Feels Goemon game? Did the rumor about them picking up a third party have anything to do with it being a big release?

Super Mario RPG is a remake of a highly-beloved game from the SNES era, so I feel FFXVI and Starfield will not have any impact. As for Wonder, yes, Sonic releases a few days before it, but the Mario IP is super strong and almost untouchable, especially with the resounding success of the movie this year. Wonder will attract existing fans and new fans alike.
Starfield is probably the most anticipated game of the whole year. i think you are underestimating it even if its only on xbox and pc everyone who is into gaming I have seen talking about it. Bethesda is big and when they release a new game everyone is looking at it cause they have influenced a tons of games for the past few gens. FFXVI probably would have done way better if it was multiplat though. Final Fantasy name is still strong and ff7 rebirth is probably one of the most anticipated games of next year

Starfield is probably the most anticipated game of the whole year. i think you are underestimating it even if its only on xbox and pc everyone who is into gaming I have seen talking about it. Bethesda is big and when they release a new game everyone is looking at it cause they have influenced a tons of games for the past few gens. FFXVI probably would have done way better if it was multiplat though. Final Fantasy name is still strong and ff7 rebirth is probably one of the most anticipated games of next year
Oh don't get me wrong. I'm very much looking forward to Starfield as well. Granted, I don't have an XSX at the moment, but it's likely the very first game I'll pick up once I do. Mario RPG is just unique in the sense that it's not an unknown/uncertain title. It's a remake of a game that many people love. That and the game will release almost 3 months after Starfield, so I don't see Starfield being a threat and eating into Mario RPG's sales.

In regards to hardware timing, Nikkei is the only one I trust, but if Nate wants to chime in about software, I'm all ears.

Everyone talks about F-Zero and Paper Mario GameCube remasters, but let's start talking about an Animal Crossing GameCube remaster. Literally will it into existence.

Everyone talks about F-Zero and Paper Mario GameCube remasters, but let's start talking about an Animal Crossing GameCube remaster. Literally will it into existence.
Technically the gc animal crossing was a remaster of the n64 version, so that would be a remaster of a remaster

Kind of a side note but I wouldn't mind if the next Animal Crossing games returned to the vibe of the original, at least in terms of writing. I don't think the villagers should get downright rude like they did in GC but please make their conversations more varied and interesting than they are in the recent games, I'm begging you.

“Star Successor“ sounds like an ok-to-good PC Engine shmup with better music than it has any right having

”Successor of the Skies” sounds way more grandiose and cool and much more fitting for a sequel to Sin and Punishment

yeah ok should have extended that timeframe but in the last 15 years or so we saw like 6 2d mario games and it didnt help unlike the 3d games they all are very similar in looks and gameplay. While the 3d mario games are all very different from galaxy to 3d world to odyssey. Since the formula for 2d mario has been done so many time I just cant get that excited for another 2d Mario game unlike a new 3d one. i will play mario wonder but I know what to expect for the most part

six?? are you counting rereleases? mario maker?

Kind of a side note but I wouldn't mind if the next Animal Crossing games returned to the vibe of the original, at least in terms of writing. I don't think the villagers should get downright rude like they did in GC but please make their conversations more varied and interesting than they are in the recent games, I'm begging you.
Agreed. The villagers are the heart and soul of the games, but they've just gotten worse and worse each iteration. No excuse not to have in-depth dialog for everyone, that should be one of the core pillars of the game.

I liked them being rude/mean. It's such a rare occurrence but it adds a lot of variety.

Agreed. The villagers are the heart and soul of the games, but they've just gotten worse and worse each iteration. No excuse not to have in-depth dialog for everyone, that should be one of the core pillars of the game.

I liked them being rude/mean. It's such a rare occurrence but it adds a lot of variety.
I really hope they're not mean. That's not why I play Animal Crossing and could potentially turn some of the younger audience away. Just give them more dialogue and make gifts harder to obtain.

For this, and your history of calling other users’ mental health into question when you disagree with them, plus your constant bad-faith arguing, you’re being banned for 3 weeks. -Derachi, xghost777, VolcanicDynamo
Star Successor is quite possibly the best-named Nintendo game ever. Absolutely mental that anyone could knock it. It has so much meaning to it.

Yeah unfortunately Nintendo these days are far too sanitized to do mean villagers like that again, lol. Everything's gotta be soft and cuddly for the kiddos, that's IIRC the reason Mr. Resetti was phased out from his original role (that and in the case of NH, the auto saving).

Quoted by: Joe
Yeah unfortunately Nintendo these days are far too sanitized to do mean villagers like that again, lol. Everything's gotta be soft and cuddly for the kiddos, that's IIRC the reason Mr. Resetti was phased out from his original role (that and in the case of NH, the auto saving).
Personally, I'm fine if the villagers don't ever get mean again. I just want them to say more interesting things and have distinction in the personality types.

In fact, my dream since the GameCube version was to do away with personality types and give each villager unique dialogue. I know that's an extremely tall order nowadays though, considering we have hundreds more villagers now than we did back then.

I had a dream last night about Mario Wonder in a direct. I think I could sense the positive energy in the world that a Mario Wonder Direct had been announced haha. Also in it, there was a 2.5D snow level, and it got me thinking when I woke up it’d be cool if a few levels played around with 2.5D to have “turns” in the course around big objects. Prior Mario games have had obstacles come out of the background so it isn’t too far removed. I think the striking camera angles on some of the world map screens probably got me thinking on this track of why not put that in a few levels.

Personally, I'm fine if the villagers don't ever get mean again. I just want them to say more interesting things and have distinction in the personality types.
Honestly, I did find the villagers in NH had a LOT of interesting things to say, but you REALLY had to hunt for it. For example I was talking to Cyd, the red cranky elephant, while he was in the museum’s fish section one day and he started talking a lot about his youth, and how (and I’m not making this up) how a lot of his childhood friends were delinquents who were probably in jail now. He seriously said this! I believe he used the term “doing hard time” instead of “in jail” but it meant the same.

Honestly most of the best dialog in that game was to be found in the museum, if you could catch your villagers walking around certain exhibits. It was the “catching your villager in the street” dialog that was the most repetitive/boring. Honestly, if you’re going to have a game where you‘re going to talk to those villagers at least once a day, every day of the year, they should have at least 365 different things to say.

I was expecting a new Super Mario Bros. Wonder but we're getting a full Direct for it instead!!! Expecting the general to be on the 20th now, but Wonder news will keep us busy.

When the most #reputable journalists say Nintendo has no big games, what they mean is that Nintendo has no Big Man games. They are trying to warn that Nintendo has the audacity to not make a game starring him

1280x720.jpg

Come on Nintendo. We need more Big Man games for 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom