• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lgr8.gif

Pyoro probably did call it by liking the 13th. Interesting they didn’t hint at any Mario presentation this week.
Pyoro seems to have backend access to Youtube. They only knew about things that got trailers uploaded after the direct (Mario Wonder, Mario RPG) and gave no indication of knowing about things like Untitled Peach Game that didn't get their own trailers uploaded.

They probably had no idea about the Mario direct since it's being livestreamed rather than uploaded as a VOD straight away.

Pyoro seems to have backend access to Youtube. They only knew about things that got trailers uploaded after the direct (Mario Wonder, Mario RPG) and gave no indication of knowing about things like Untitled Peach Game that didn't get their own trailers uploaded.

They probably had no idea about the Mario direct since it's being livestreamed rather than uploaded as a VOD straight away.
Has anyone ever seen Pyoro and the OG Snitch in the same room?

dunno why it's so hard for people to accept that Dring was wrong. yeah, Super Mario Wonder is kinda niche, which is why it's getting its own Direct for extra marketing, but they've got Super Mario RPG in the back as their big holiday game, featuring a character that people actually give a shit about (Mallow)
How is Wonder niche? 2D Mario sells shitloads. NSMBU has sold something like 25m copies across WiiU and Switch.

Last edited:
We’re probably going to see all the characters. Please give us Wario as a playable character. I have some hope with Daisy being there. I wonder if we get them all at the beginning or unlock some of them?

Also, we should see the transformations the characters have. The most hype I have for a 2D Mario game since Super Mario World. I’ve loved everything I’ve seen of this game so far. Seeing the new worlds and music will be great too.

Actually they don't upload VODs anymore, they just use YouTube's editor to trim the stream, point still stands though, he would know about uploaded trailers, while the SMBW Direct has nothing aside from itself, however, Pyro has been leaking info related to other games all Summer

dunno why it's so hard for people to accept that Dring was wrong. yeah, Super Mario Wonder is kinda niche, which is why it's getting its own Direct for extra marketing, but they've got Super Mario RPG in the back as their big holiday game, featuring a character that people actually give a shit about (Mallow)
NSMB Wii sold over 30 million copies. Granted, NSMBU only sold close to 6 million, but that's still impressive considering total Wii U hardware sales came in around 13.5 million units. Almost a 50% attach rate.

I don't have Twitter anymore so I didn't notice the Wonder Direct being announced LOL

So no Mario Wonder in the September Direct in that case?

NSMB Wii sold over 30 million copies. Granted, NSMBU only sold close to 6 million, but that's still impressive considering total Wii U hardware sales came in around 13.5 million units. Almost a 50% attach rate.
It’s up to 25m across WiiU and Switch.
Which puts it a shade above Mario Kart DS and a shade below Odyssey. Even just counting the Switch sales, what 2D Mario isn’t is ‘kinda niche’.

Which puts it a shade above Mario Kart DS and a shade below Odyssey. Even just counting the Switch sales, what 2D Mario isn’t is ‘kinda niche’.

Yeah, I didn’t think to include Deluxe sales in my post.

Prediction for Q3 Nintendo Direct (Mario one doesn't count): GameCube-themed direct with remakes/Remasters for more Nintendo classics. We already have Pikmin 1+2, MGS2, Mario Sunshine, PrimeR. Now we're gonna get such games as F-Zero GX, Prime 2, Fire Emblem: PoR/RD, Paper Mario TTYD, Custom Robo, Wind Waker/Twilight Princess, maybe a Pokemon Colosseum/XD that connects to home, etc

Yeah 2d mario sells hotcakes, mostly due to accessibility and familiarity the general public probably see 2d mario easier to hop into and it looks more appealing than the more complex 3d games. Its why nintendo was really milking the series dry back in the day. I mean we got 2 games a few months from eachother back in 2012 and they both sold gangbusters. Def a cash cow for Nintendo despite the quality of the games, could say the same for mainline pokemon too. I perer 3d mario but the general public def eat up 2d mario more. Im not full out hype for the new 2d mario games but I understand the appeal.

How the hell are we still arguing over the existence of a September Direct when it's the only consistent pattern Nintendo has had in the Switch Era? Like even 2020 had TWO September Directs! Nintendo is always forced into doing one because of TGS.

Found that Borderlands Pandora's Collection thing that was rated a few weeks ago. I know some thought it would be a new version with a Switch release (with an announcement in a direct), but according to the Xbox store it's literally just a collection of every Borderlands thing available.

That doesn't mean Switch won't get a "Pandora's Collection" but odds are if it hits the eshop it will just include everything except 3.

Literally the most reputable Nintendo journalist in the world has reported it'd be a barebones year, but of course Dring is wrong and everyone here is right.
I was gonna make a joke about this being Dring's burner account because you both move the goalposts so damn hard to try and justify similar positions (the June Direct wasn't a General just because you didn't like the content of it? What?) but after that post, I'm not sure I'd even be joking anymore 😅

I was gonna make a joke about this being Dring's burner account because you both move the goalposts so damn hard to try and justify similar positions (the June Direct wasn't a General just because you didn't like the content of it? What?) but after that post, I'm not sure I'd even be joking anymore 😅
Nah, that isn't Drings burner. I'm pretty sure Dring wouldn't constantly talk about a bullshit BIG Kirby rumor he made up, that would go against his "no big games in 2023" talk.

Literally the most reputable Nintendo journalist in the world has reported it'd be a barebones year, but of course Dring is wrong and everyone here is right.
...who the fuck cares what journalists report on this? You can just look at Nintendo's release calendar and see for yourself it isn't true.

Nah, that isn't Drings burner. I'm pretty sure Dring wouldn't constantly talk about a bullshit BIG Kirby rumor he made up, that would go against his "no big games in 2023" talk.
oh he could, and then when the game released he'd just say "that doesn't count, Kirby isn't as big as Zelda."

c66bWny.png

Hi guys, long time no see! Interesting seeing the Mario Wonder direct announced, do wonder what the focus will be on the general direct (assuming we do get one), I suppose next year games, will we see more Prime (not necessarily 4, maybe Echoes or Corruption remake/remaster)?

I wasn’t expecting a full Wonder Direct, but if they were going to have a new trailer and previews before Nintendo Live, and they have the Martinet video to go along with it then it makes sense to bundle it together and have a small Direct all in one place. Still betting on the 13th for the main event.

How is Wonder niche? 2D Mario sells shitloads. NSMBU has sold something like 25m copies across WiiU and Switch.
That's fair, but you have to weigh that against the number of people who have asked for Geno to appear in Super Smash Bros. SMRPG is releasing in a year that would've otherwise disappointed RPG fans with FFXVI and Starfield, whereas Mario Wonder has to contend with the new Sonic game

I have nothing against Chris Dring, I just think it ought to be apparent that he was wrong here

How the hell are we still arguing over the existence of a September Direct when it's the only consistent pattern Nintendo has had in the Switch Era? Like even 2020 had TWO September Directs! Nintendo is always forced into doing one because of TGS.
Is "Because Nintendo" a reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom