• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is gonna be early just like the last year's September Direct as we didn't get a Indie World this month. We didn't get August Indie World last year and the September Direct was on 2nd.
Last year’s show was September 13th, two days before TGS.

Are we thinking close to TGS again? Because i really think its the 13th or around it, instead of a week later. They usually dont cut close to TGS
It's possible, but there's a Japanese holiday on Monday the 18th, so if it's the week of TGS it's a very narrow window that they can cram it in before the show starts. I'm not totally ruling it out but IMO the 13th makes the most sense, even with that being the Pokemon DLC day.

360_F_526098930_LACgi5Lf9xqUCtkpBBKtjqO8BpNYmEwl.jpg

I totally think a Direct could air on the 13th, it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Pokemon was in the last Direct after all. They could have a final launch trailer for the Teal Mask and a release date trailer for the Indigo Disk. Would be good for marketing!

I totally think a Direct could air on the 13th makes a lot of sense. Pokemon was in the last Direct after all. They could have a final launch trailer for the Teal Mask and a release date trailer for the Indigo Disk. Would be good for marketing!
I agree. “Here’s one last look at the Pokémon dlc and it’ll be out after this direct”. It’s that simple

That class I was taking Wednesdays 4-6:30 ET seems to now be scheduled for Tuesdays at that time so I should be able to watch the Direct live
FgSXam2XkAEH44b.jpg:large

Please a September 7th Direct because it's a national holiday in Brazil so I can watch it live and pass all day talking about how the Metroid Prime 4 trailer is amazing and depending on if I get a monitoring scholarship I buy a voucher to pre-order both it and Wonder 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

This thread isn't nearly as unhinged as it should be and I am disappointed.
September directs are a safe enough assumption that I feel like it'd need to be 3 weeks into September with no sign of a direct before this thread gets full and properly unhinged.

There just isn't the same kind of frenzied anxiety that you get from a "are they even doing a direct this summer" thread or the Q1 "Will it be January, February, or March" thread.

I feel kinda good right now in terms of upcoming Switch content from Nintendo and 3rd parties. There's plenty or announced for the rest of 2023 and 2024 that I'm not thirsty for more announcements. Of course I'll always take more, but I feel like I'm still feasting.

I'm gonna need Metroid to NOT make a shadow drop appearance in this Direct.

I'll be neck deep in Starfield.

I don't know if Prime 2 Remastered is a well enough piece that can afford for a shadowdrop... Better announced there for December.

Unless it's MP2 + 3 HD with nowhere near the effort of MPR. MP2R with a similar effort to MPR I could see coming this year if the used what they built for MPR as a base and gave it to another studio shortly before MPR was done so development started by 2021.

Unless it's MP2 + 3 HD with nowhere near the effort of MPR. MP2R with a similar effort to MPR I could see coming this year if the used what they built for MPR as a base and gave it to another studio shortly before MPR was done so development started by 2021.
basically a coin flip at this point consider what has been said about pime 2 and 3 on switch

basically a coin flip at this point consider what has been said about pime 2 and 3 on switch
Yeah to me every report just contradicts one another.

Initial plan was to Retro remake Prime 1(which turned out true) and it serve as a base for the other two games, maybe being given to another studio(which also makes sense considering the amount of outsourcing MPR received).

Then we have people claiming it's gonna be more of a just higher resolution with QoL changes remasters. But if that were true, Hagi ports of the two would make more sense than a mid tier remaster of Primer 2 coming standalone.

To me that's just severe wire crossing and the initial expectation that many of us had that 2 and 3 would come separately on Metroid-less years after 4 is what might happen.

Grubb might've come to known MP2 remaster was content complete or was going through QA testing(which makes sense if it started development in 2021 by another studio that also worked on MPR and is reusing the lighting and some texture work and tech from that game, so it wouldn't take as long as MPR took), and his source assumed it would be released this year.

But they've sat on MPR for more than a year, so... Why skip 2022, shadowdrop a high effort remaster for budget price on a month that already had a game, just to later make Metroid overkill with Prime 2 and 3 releasing very close to each other, and to MPR and 4??

I'm of the opinion that MPR is the showpiece and entry point on the franchise and its gameplay and atmosphere to introduce people to it before revealing Prime 4, which might very well be a soft reboot or a sequel with a lot of references to past games but ay the same time not something you'd have to play before to understand (much like Dread coming with Fusion not available on Switch).

Metroid Prime 2 Remastered might be in the final stages of development already, and 3 might be more in line with WWHD and TP HD and receive some models reworked, new textures, new lighting but not being a full asset remake, because most of its effort will be on controls, and maybe them coming as a double pack on a year without Metroid. Or both as separate 39,99 releases or 59,99 double pack idk.

So I do have a doctors appointment in September, but it's on the 25th, which is a Monday and too late in the month to be part of the law of doctors appointments.

This one is gonna be early just like the last year's September Direct as we didn't get a Indie World this month. We didn't get August Indie World last year and the September Direct was on 2nd.
????sarcasm????

This has a strong possibility of being the last direct before the next system reveal, I'm tempering my expectations in case they decide to save big reveals for the new console
yeah unless prime 4 isn't actually cross-platform my expectations are on smaller new titles/ports and updates on already-announced games

This has a strong possibility of being the last direct before the next system reveal
God I am so ready for the absolute flame wars that are gonna ensue when Nintendo hasn’t revealed the new system by February and just decide to host a general direct on Switch games instead

I feel like they could end February’s show with a soft announcement of Switch 2 and it wouldn’t be out of place. Something like “we have something new coming this year…”, you get a brief tease, and a promise for a full blowout in June.

LTTP I know, but I 100% finished Pikmin 4 tonight and I’m not interested in the Mario and Rabbids DLC, so my desire for a Nintendo Direct just significantly shot up!

I was finishing Trails Into Reverie first which took me 124 hours and for Rabbids I was locked out of the Season Pass when I preordered at Best Buy (what a bad system!) + I liked the first game way more.

What if we are getting an early September direct. Nintendo is no stranger to announcing directs after an American holiday. They’ve done it in past September directs.

Labor Day is September 4th. The direct announcement will be on September 5th (Tuesday) and the direct is on Wednesday the 6th.

What if we are getting an early September direct. Nintendo is no stranger to announcing directs after an American holiday. They’ve done it in past September directs.

Labor Day is September 4th. The direct announcement will be on September 5th (Tuesday) and the direct is on Wednesday the 6th.
Personally I think it's either the 6th or the 20th. There might be more rumblings through this week if it's the 6th.

I know Nintendo Live isn't a press event, but I still think it's so strange they may have a Direct right after it.
I look at it as one segment of marketing is done and onto the direct to start the next. Keeping the transition as short as possible.

And what is Nintendo Live even telling us new? There’s nothing new there afaik unlike a direct.

Last edited:
This has a strong possibility of being the last direct before the next system reveal, I'm tempering my expectations in case they decide to save big reveals for the new console
summer of next year(around the E3 season), is when i predict/expect Nintendo would reveal it next hardware, the february/march Direct is gonna be the final Nintendo Direct fully focused on Nintendo Switch, after that is gonna be a Nintendo Direct focused on both Switch and it sucessor or mostly/only on Nintendo next hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom