• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was MonHun, I feel like they would’ve said “upwards of 5M” not just 2M. So yeah, count me in for Megaman or RE Switch

I wonder if switch 2 we will get big resident evil games and maybe monster hunter world 2 day1 instead of everywhere else first. I guess it depends on how powerful the switch 2 is or if it can handle big file sizes unlike switch 1. Please no more cloud versions

Capcom expects to sell a total of 9.3 million "new" games this fiscal year ("new" meaning released this fiscal year, from April 2023 to March 2024).
So far as of June 30th they were at 3.7 million from only Mega Man Battle Network, Street Fighter 6, PS/Xbox port of MHR Sunbreak, and like 1 day of Ghost Trick, so they expect to sell only 5.6 million more of "new" releases. They still have Exoprimal, Megaman X Dive, AA Trilogy 2, plus these already released games will continue to sell throughout the year.

A new Monster Hunter game will most likely sell something like 5 million (or more) in its first 3 days, so whatever game they are supossedly releasing is much smaller scale.

Also, something very weird is that they are expecting to sell 2.5 million physical in total this fiscal year, and by June 30th 2023 they have already sold 1.9 million, so they expect to sell only 600k physical copies until March 2024 (And this is from ALL of their games, not just the ones released since April) - this is why I feel like there must've been some miscommunication and we already know Capcom's entire slate of releases.

I wonder if switch 2 we will get big resident evil games and maybe monster hunter world 2 day1 instead of everywhere else first. I guess it depends on how powerful the switch 2 is or if it can handle big file sizes unlike switch 1. Please no more cloud versions
Nah, Capcom (and most other publishers who aren't already on board with the Switch) will treat the successor the same way they treat the Switch - you'll receive port of our last gen games (RE2,3,4,7,8, SF6, DMC5), but in terms of new releases it will be scraps and lower-budget projects.

I actually have a feeling that multiple things can be true.

For example, say Capcom's multi-million seller is probably Monster Hunter 6 (World's successor), while "Rockman Taisen" (with help from Nintendo) is regarded as some thing else, but is still an important part of Capcom's lineup.

Why would they seek out Nintendo's help for Taisen, in that case? Possibly for a number of reasons, but the easiest one to imagine is to offload some of the risk, especially since we might be talking about a new type of, and yet to be tested, Mega Man title. We are talking about the same Capcom that got in bed with Nintendo when it came to both Rise and Stories 2, as well as Sony before that when it came to World (especially in Japan). So, I don't think it should be completely off the table that Capcom isn't above making deals where it makes sense, and Rockman has always performed very well on Nintendo hardware.
Sure, it's theoretically possible that the game Nintendo is helping distribute is a second unknown title that wouldn't be significant enough to warrant Capcom to publish it entirely themselves, separate from their expected multimillion seller. I don't know enough about Capcom's dev pipeline or anticipated lineup to say if that's likely at this juncture, but it's not unreasonable to think they'd do so for a new Mega Man title.

Of course, broadly speaking, there are many third-parties that develop games for the Switch, and there's nothing to suggest this particular unknown title was developed by Capcom. Nintendo has been known to publish games from a variety of developers both large and small(er), and it would be unusual for them to do so on behalf of Capcom, as much of Capcom's recent development and publishing has been multiplatform, and they don't tend to produce Switch exclusives or work directly with Nintendo. Trying to connect this unknown title to Capcom's unannounced multimillion seller is needlessly restricting on the imagination.

If anything, that Nintendo is hosting a hands-on event for journalists specifically for this game would suggest to me that this isn't a new installment of an already beloved franchise, but instead something that they want press to try for themselves in a more controlled setting. The Mega Men of the world don't need that kind of focused attention.

It could be a Dragon Quest game that Nintendo is helping to distribute. Like the DQIII remake we haven't seen in forever or maybe they've funded a localization of DQX Offline (my dream). I know they help with publishing this series and other Square games in the past.

The Stretchers never got a physical release and Snipperclips didn't until after the DLC release. If Nintendo is distributing it's probably something larger even if it isn't multimillions

From the ransomware leak, we know Taisen is expected to do 2 million over years as well. It's only expected to do 1.1 million in its launch year.

Capcom's big game is almost certainly MH6 and won't be on the Switch. The other possibility is Resident Evil. Apocalypse was slated for the end of this calendar year, but RE4 still needs the Seperate Ways DLC and there's the elusive RE Switch title.

The game Nintendo is distributing could very easily not be a Capcom game at all. That said, Megaman Taisen is overdue and could benefit from a Switch first launch with advertising from Nintendo (similar to GnG Resurrection). One thing I thought was curious at Capcom's summer showcase was that Megaman X DiVE Offline wasn't announced for Switch when dataminers had found references. I'm curious if they didn't want a more premium price product to have to compete with that.
i think the timed exclusive RE for Switch is cancelled

Sure, it's theoretically possible that the game Nintendo is helping distribute is a second unknown title that wouldn't be significant enough to warrant Capcom to publish it entirely themselves, separate from their expected multimillion seller. I don't know enough about Capcom's dev pipeline or anticipated lineup to say if that's likely at this juncture, but it's not unreasonable to think they'd do so for a new Mega Man title.

Of course, broadly speaking, there are many third-parties that develop games for the Switch, and there's nothing to suggest this particular unknown title was developed by Capcom. Nintendo has been known to publish games from a variety of developers both large and small(er), and it would be unusual for them to do so on behalf of Capcom, as much of Capcom's recent development and publishing has been multiplatform, and they don't tend to produce Switch exclusives or work directly with Nintendo. Trying to connect this unknown title to Capcom's unannounced multimillion seller is needlessly restricting on the imagination.

If anything, that Nintendo is hosting a hands-on event for journalists specifically for this game would suggest to me that this isn't a new installment of an already beloved franchise, but instead something that they want press to try for themselves in a more controlled setting. The Mega Men of the world don't need that kind of focused attention.
what if this mysterious game is a new IP that Nintendo partned with someone to release it

sadly i still expect games coming to Switch sucessor to release months after it release on others consoles, Nintendo is never priority for them(Playstation/Xbox is)even if Nintendo made the most powerful console again, developers will still focus on Xbox/Playstation for they games, Nintendo is at the bottom priority for them, the only day 1 games is timed exclusives such as Monster Hunter Rise

I can confirm from my own sources that a Switch 2 reveal is happening on 31st of September 2023 and Grezzo will reveal Golden Sun: Sunshine.

Capcom is finally giving Switch owners The Disney Afternoon Collection.

Duck Tales is on the game card, but the rest of the games have to be downloaded. Oh, and $59.99.

I don't think it existed and Dusk got a bunch of wires crossed. If an RE title was in development for Switch why would they cancel it as the system HW and SW sales were skyrocketing?
problaby, Dusk Golem got confused by Resident Evil 8 Village, or another Resident Evil that got cancelled, so he mix up everyting

One thing I thought was curious at Capcom's summer showcase was that Megaman X DiVE Offline wasn't announced for Switch when dataminers had found references. I'm curious if they didn't want a more premium price product to have to compete with that.
Was always my guess! If a new game is on the way, and bound for Switch, then there may not be as much of a "need" to have X DiVE close by.

Only other thing I could think about is if there was some limit regarding Offline, despite its name, requiring an online connection for the Steam/iOS/Google versions and they couldn't, or wouldn't, make any changes allowing you to play the game on Switch with no net connection.
If it was a standard run-n-gun or a new BN title, I could see that. Even the return of Legends/DASH likely wouldn't require that, considering the history.

But...what if it was something brand new, or at least a clear breakaway from the series' norms in some way? Y'know, the kind of thing that the internet is all too quick to pass judgment on? It might be better to generate good press from that controlled setting, so that they can have their write-ups on their experiences ready by the time the game is ready for its proper reveal in a few weeks.

If nothing else, if we get surprised by something as immediately divisive to the tune of "Maverick Hunter" again, at least they would've done everything in their power to get in front of it with a good narrative! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be an insightful episode but I don't think it'll be Nintendo focused this time around. Predictions probably won't be scheduled to record until we're at least a full week into September

HOT PREDICTION: It’s about the Xbox Series S Baulder’s Gate 3 situation
Would be a more interesting topic honestly.

That high reviews and reaction probably lead to then getting some leeway, no? Or I could be wrong. But the series S discussion nonetheless is interesting to talk about now as PS5 found it’s rhythm

You guys think that the Miyamoto and Charles Martinet video Nintendo promised to publish will come before the Direct? or will they dare to touch on the subject during the Direct itself?
The Direct is basically guaranteed to have a Wonder trailer in it, so I think the video plays right before the trailer.

HOT PREDICTION: It’s about the Xbox Series S Baulder’s Gate 3 situation
I was gonna say this too. 😅

You guys think that the Miyamoto and Charles Martinet video Nintendo promised to publish will come before the Direct? or will they dare to touch on the subject during the Direct itself?
I wouldn't usually expect something like this in a Direct BUT then the way they threw casting news for the movie in that one time, I'm kinda thinking it's possible now.

Nintendo want to avoid controversy all along, they dont want people thinking they dicted Charles Martinet for Cris Pratt on the Mario movie, so weeks before the septembre Direct there will be this video

Nintendo want to avoid controversy all along, they dont want people thinking they dicted Charles Martinet for Cris Pratt on the Mario movie, so weeks before the septembre Direct there will be this video
they already avoided controversy by posting the message, they'll more than likely have the video in the Direct. Just seems like a right time.

Would be a more interesting topic honestly.

That high reviews and reaction probably lead to then getting some leeway, no? Or I could be wrong. But the series S discussion nonetheless is interesting to talk about now as PS5 found it’s rhythm
Yeah, I feel like they had the choice of either getting the game with some cuts to the Series S or not getting it at all, making them look really bad compared to Sony. If BG3 wasn't as hyped as it was, they would've probably passed on it.

Just give me WWHD and TPHD as a shadow drop so I can be satisfied with this generation.

A new 2D Zelda game would also be good.

I only finished TotK yesterday, and I’m not convinced we’ll be getting DLC.
Why wouldn't u be satisfied with Zelda content this generation?? There's so much Zelda.... others are still waiting for other franchises to get one new entry at least😅

Okay, so if you all have looked at the Donkey Kong forum on Famiboards, you may know that I made some predictions onto what the September Direct will have concerning the future of DK. If you haven't seen it yet, well here's the basic gist (with some updated information:

I do think that we are going to get a September Direct on the 13th. This Direct I believe will be the DK fandom's time as there will be a bunch of announcements, like:

1.) Diddy Kong and Pauline in Mario Kart's Booster Course Pass with a new DK course, which will probably be DK Mountain. I feel that it will be those two characters specifically because Diddy is pretty much a given and also represents the modern-era of DK, while Pauline could represent the arcade-era.

2.) NSO games like the DKL trilogy, DK 64, King of Swing, Diddy Kong Racing, etc will be revealed to be coming in the coming months with one of them coming out in a week after the Direct.

3.) Donkey Kong Country Returns Switch will be shadow-dropped digitally with a physical version a few months later. I feel like this is a safe choice since it seems like Nintendo recently likes to remaster GameCube and Wii-era games for about $40-50 a pop. It will be similar to the Pikmin remasters in where the graphics will be upscaled, but not remade from the ground-up. However in return, the game will get traditional controls, 60 fps, and the 3DS-exclusive levels with nothing else added. It would also be financially a smart-move for Nintendo as they can allow old and new fans to prepare for not only the Returns-styled, Universal theme park that's coming out in 2024, but also for the the biggest announcement...

4.) DK EPD gets announced and it gets dated for the first half of 2024. I'll just throw in March as for when I think it will be specifically released.

Why do I feel like Nintendo could do all of this at once, you may ask? I feel that it will happen because Nintendo just did something similar in their June Direct where they announced a bunch of Mario games & DLC, including revealing three games in a row that features Mario, Peach, and Luigi. They likely did this to captailize on the Mario Movie's success and popularity among the crowd since those three characters were featured in the film. Since DK also played a huge part in the movie (maybe more than Luigi even), it would not make sense to leave him out of the synergy promotion that Nintendo is seemingly doing. Lastly, I do feel like in terms of the three Mario games that Nintendo wants to focus their marketing and attention on from the most to least amount, it would go like this:

Super Mario Bros Wonder > Princess Peach game > Luigi's Mansion 2 Switch Remake

If DK EPD comes out around the same time as those three games, it will very likely be slotted inbetween the Peach game and Luigi's Mansion 2 Remake.

Anyways, hoped that you can agree or at least understand my thinking about this. If you have any reasonable ideas that you want to share with me, do so if you want as I will be glad to read through them and respond when appropriate.
I would totally love that scenario, I was thinking the same actually that the focus could be on sk the next direct, but I guess it's just wishful thinking. I'm not expecting anything cause Nintendo has disappointed me too much already.
One thing I would like to add is that I would rather have diddy and funky kong instead of Pauline. There is already not so much dk content in Mario kart and diddy and funky belong to the most popular characters, they have already been in mainline games, so I think they should be the last two characters (I wished we could Dixie Kong as well though!).

Hello! It's always a good time when a new direct thread opens 🥰
I vote for the first full week of September, but we will see 👀
This time, I don't have anything that I'm waiting for in this direct and I'm really satisfied with the games that will come out between now and February.

Can I get some context?

Twitter's useless when you aren't logged in and I can't see what this is a reply to
Someone suggested Nate's next podcast episode would be about Nintendo Direct predictions, to which he replied it's too soon for that.

1. Nate doesn't announce Direct predictions in advance anymore
  2. Too soon can mean many things, but in context of the Direct Nate always posts his only after the Direct is announced.
  3. Again, Nate doesn't announce his & MVG's predictions in advance so you can safely assume anytime you see one of these tweets they're not Direct predictions.

Relatively soon to post any Direct predicitons, let's wait a little more in September to discuss this
This one is gonna be early just like the last year's September Direct as we didn't get a Indie World this month. We didn't get August Indie World last year and the September Direct was on 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom