• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 just seems like a good time to launch a new console (or pro hybrid whatever you want to call it lol)
6 years after the switch came out, which is when they've normally launched a new device.
Technology lines up, they can definitely run a 5nm device next year which makes the drake a whole lot more feasible in a portable form factor.
A lot of games should be coming up for sequels from early in the console's life, meaning they can stack the launch year
BotW 2 as a launch title or still fresh for a 4k improvement

Team 23 all the way baby

Technically you're right that too soon could mean anything. It could even be just one day too soon.
But most likely too soon means it's not coming this month at least, I don't see why he would even bother posting it if it's coming 2 weeks from now anyway.

Next month seems plausible. But I also think two weeks out is just as plausible. Two weeks is a fairly long time to wait if people are at the edge of their seats, and there's plenty of articles, videos, posts etc. making it feel quite imminent.

It just emphasizes the point of my original post. It's so ambiguous that anybody can read what they want out of it

Next month seems plausible. But I also think two weeks out is just as plausible. Two weeks is a fairly long time to wait if people are at the edge of their seats, and there's plenty of articles, videos, posts etc. making it feel quite imminent.

It just emphasizes the point of my original post. It's so ambiguous that anybody can read what they want out of it
Yes technically but the issue is practically speaking. Mochi is gonna get blowback if he posts that it's too early and then 2 weeks later it's announced anyway.
I think for him to have the guts to post this he has to be feeling that it really is "too early" and that he will be vindicated in that claim by it being a substantial gap away, at least a month.

Yes technically but the issue is practically speaking. Mochi is gonna get blowback if he posts that it's too early and then 2 weeks later it's announced anyway.
I think for him to have the guts to post this he has to be feeling that it really is "too early" and that he will be vindicated in that claim by it being a substantial gap away, at least a month.
Setting aside the easy snark about how anything anyone says on Twitter can get blowback, Mochi would be absolutely correct if he posts "too early" and then it's announced in two weeks. If the reveal is next month or next week, Mochi's right. Today was too early to get excited for a Drake reveal.

dio-brando-whats-going-on.gif

I disagree with the bolded and we’re going to go in circles on this. Early is relative, like a false start at a race being an ‘early’ start. There will be no blowback, that’s laughable. He’d get blowback if he said something was happening and it didn’t - not over this.

Anyway let’s drop it.

So history wont repeat itself for Nate's vacation coz we are getting the Switch Pro announcement today right? Let me believe.

I just find it so fucking funny that these YouTubers are saying "oh I read this on Famiboards and they are calling them funckle and munckle". We need to call someone "youtuber fucker muckle uncle" they will definitely not say that in a video.

In case it hasn't already been stated, the one true pattern for the September Directs is that they've always been one week before TGS. TGS 2022 starts Sep. 15th this year, so the expected date for the Sep. Direct would be September 8th.

Yes, it happens to be the day before splat3's launch. No, it probably doesn't mean anything.

In case it hasn't already been stated, the one true pattern for the September Directs is that they've always been one week before TGS. TGS 2022 starts Sep. 15th this year, so the expected date for the Sep. Direct would be September 8th.

Yes, it happens to be the day before splat3's launch. No, it probably doesn't mean anything.
But they will simply not do Direct that close to Splatoon 3 release date, not even the same week. We have clearly seen that patterns are not that trusted as they used to be, it could very well be September 13th, which is Tuesday.

But they will simply not do Direct that close to Splatoon 3 release date, not even the same week. We have clearly seen that patterns are not that trusted as they used to be, it could very well be September 13th, which is Tuesday.
I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that it's the last standing "true" pattern of the Switch era. Every single September Direct (outside of 2020) was exactly one week before TGS started. We'll see what happens, but I don't think splat3's release or any other game would have an impact...normally.

Again, this year is weird for many reasons, so what Nintendo does between now and September 9th will be very interesting. 2 months, people. 2 months.

Good morning (from Germany), i need a kind soul to give me an update for the last 19 hours, as that's when i last checked this tread!
Good morning from the UK! Everything is fine here, please don't check the news.

Also, yes, I could also do with an update, this thread absolutely exploded and I've got no idea what's going on.

Good morning from the UK! Everything is fine here, please don't check the news.

Also, yes, I could also do with an update, this thread absolutely exploded and I've got no idea what's going on.

Hahaha, sounds like you UK folks are about to declare today a national holiday, right? ^^

Oh my god...you just unlocked my memories! This was the first YouTuber I ever followed when it came to Nintendo news, I got a 3ds and was hyped for every bit of news and also discovered Monster Hunter from him lmao. I was even hyped for his hair reveal video lol.

I wonder what happened to him, last time I heard he had some sort of surgery?

does Guncle said that Nintendo will announce the Switch Drake in September or just a new Model like Switch lite OLED for example?
gave data on Switch drake, reconfirming that it exists and comes out this year.

but the September thing is speculation.

The hype is making me want to check out the hardware thread, but I'm too frightened of all the nanometers, teraflops and uncles they are talking about there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom