• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DnC2ZUrXgAADwd2

I’m not a believer mainly on the timing. No doubt this thing exists. I am glad these memes and shot posts about this have a dedicated thread though. I would like a first party event to see what new is coming though.

Yeah but there a couple people that are just being arrogant. I was lucky earlier to have someone nicely explain the new thing that occurred but that isn't always true.

There's a cliquey atmosphere in threads like this and it's been very apparent the last couple days.
This is a fair complaint that I'm always mindful of when I'm OP, but I'm not sure what to do about it in this case. Keeping the OP or threadmarks up-to-date with current speculation would probably help, but candidly I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

I'll concede that I've been rude to some people about being non-believers which is quite literally cliquey, but that's the primary basis of the joke. This thread demanding blind faith really ought to tell you everything about its tone and where our actual expectations lie.

Did we talk about this yet? Sounds like its not happening next week.

His initial tweet asking if history would repeat itself was not a hint

And this is not a hint either. Obviously he's saying "history looks not to repeat itself" because the OLED - Splatoon 3 Edition was announced today making it extremely unlikely that the Nintendo Switch - 4K Model would be announced during his vacation

For the most part, Nate knows just as much as we do - he just likes making his speculation and his hints sound exactly the same to cause commotion.

More concisely, I'm not as concerned about being inclusive with this thread because if you want to be in on the joke all you have to do is believe. If you want to be in on the info, I encourage you to, uh, not want that.

I'll concede that I've been rude to some people about being non-believers which is quite literally cliquey, but that's the primary basis of the joke. This thread demanding blind faith really ought to tell you everything about its tone and where our actual expectations lie.
I find this all very tongue-in-cheek (At least in this community). The OLED business last year got very heated in online circles and I think folks have their shields up either not wanting to be disappointed again or don't want to be seen as irrational or overly optimistic. But this has just been a very fun roller coaster ride to follow. I remember the pre-Switch days of NX, crazy mockups, hints and teases, all culminating in the eventual reveal. I'm just playing the waiting game and daydreaming, and I learned more than I thought I ever would about video game hardware and marketing which is a nice escape from my day job.

I find this all very tongue-in-cheek (At least in this community). The OLED business last year got very heated in online circles and I think folks have their shields up either not wanting to be disappointed again or don't want to be seen as irrational or overly optimistic. But this has just been a very fun roller coaster ride to follow. I remember the pre-Switch days of NX, crazy mockups, hints and teases, all culminating in the eventual reveal. I'm just playing the waiting game and daydreaming, and I learned more than I thought I ever would about video game hardware and marketing which is a nice escape from my day job.
yeah it's funny, the people harshly discounting it seem to be taking it infinitely more seriously than I am

I think you misinterpreted @Mendinso 's response to you in that thread.

Oh yeah, I definitely didn't mean that. I just meant there'll be meme's to be spawned both while we wait for a proper announcement and whatever comes from it. We usually have that happen every time we get any potential announcement.

Sorry about that.

To me personally its just a thread to have some fun with folks loving the same things as I do. hating on Nintendo

I am quite serious about things in all the other threads so I try to embrace the vibe around here. Not to say people shouldn't or can't be serious.

Its just the way I think about all of this because the premise of the thread is literally about an event that could or could not happen.

In the end of the day its just really funny to me to see a mustache wearing Raccoon creating a Thread full of lighthearted forum jokes and references just for some people trying to start some shit about insiders or fun speculation/discussions.

Literally the exact same boat about the escapism! It's a great change of pace. Plus, I was along for the ride with the NX stuff too! Did you see this mega-image of a ton of those mockups? I can't remember what did it, but I got nostalgic and found this and it's amazing...but it's also really big, so be aware of that!

mPMg1mk.jpg

I saw two of my mockups on there too, lol!

Definitely have learned a lot, like you, too, and it's just fun to be along for these rides!

My brother in christ you were crushed by a translated joke about an extra inch on the new model
the switch pro not being real is whatever, there will be a better switch eventually. the switch pro existing and being worse is going to send me off a cliff

Literally the exact same boat about the escapism! It's a great change of pace. Plus, I was along for the ride with the NX stuff too! Did you see this mega-image of a ton of those mockups? I can't remember what did it, but I got nostalgic and found this and it's amazing...but it's also really big, so be aware of that!

mPMg1mk.jpg

Definitely have learned a lot, like you, too, and it's just fun to be along for these rides!
this is epic

This is a fair complaint that I'm always mindful of when I'm OP, but I'm not sure what to do about it in this case. Keeping the OP or threadmarks up-to-date with current speculation would probably help, but candidly I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

I'm going to be honest but the threadmark with the Splatoon OLED announcement probably should've had the "leak" in it instead of the reference you made. It's a small complaint but may have helped inform some of what occurred early this morning.

But yes the rudeness or dismissiveness doesn't exactly invite conversation and makes things cliquey. It's uninviting for people like myself who cannot be here as frequently as some of you. I get you all are caught in the moment of the thread so I'm not mad lol. All of this is very lighthearted because I don't want this to come off as toxic nor do I want to derail the thread.

I'm going to be honest but the threadmark with the Splatoon OLED announcement probably should've had the "leak" in it instead of the reference you made. It's a small complaint but may have helped inform some of what occurred early this morning.

But yes the rudeness or dismissiveness doesn't exactly invite conversation and makes things cliquey. It's uninviting for people like myself who cannot be here as frequently as some of you. I get you all are caught in the moment of the thread so I'm not mad lol. All of this is very lighthearted because I don't want this to come off as toxic nor do I want to derail the thread.
Here's the thing though, man: I don't put too much stock into that leak. You're putting it in scare quotes and everything! I would much rather someone come in here and catch up on their own, because if I put the """evidence""" in a threadmark people would lose the important context that we aren't taking it too seriously.

Put another way: I feel it would be irresponsible to decouple the conclusions from the comedic and ridiculous roads we take to get to them.

Oh it's spelled "Dandy", not "Daddy" :(
Haha! :ROFLMAO: They need to reprint those cones! It should be the Daddy Cone!
Do you think Nintendo employees have dreams about Drake?
Haha! :ROFLMAO: Does Drake dream about Nintendo employees?!
To me personally its just a thread to have some fun with folks loving the same things as I do. hating on Nintendo

I am quite serious about things in all the other threads so I try to embrace the vibe around here. Not to say people shouldn't or can't be serious.

Its just the way I think about all of this because the premise of the thread is literally about an event that could or could not happen.

In the end of the day its just really funny to me to see a mustache wearing Raccoon creating a Thread full of lighthearted forum jokes and references just for some people trying to start some shit about insiders or fun speculation/discussions.
Hear hear!
this is epic
That was a crazy time for sure! I was seriously impressed by what people were making, all on their own, with drawings, 3D modeling, all of it, based on patents, leaks, etc.! Some of those designs are actually really killer! Some are stupid, yeah, haha, but everyone was having a blast nonetheless!

mPMg1mk.jpg

Mine is tragically not in there. 😭 But wow, thank you for that blast to the past.

I definitely felt incredibly burnt by the oled last year, I was all in on the Pro train and that was a rude awakening. I've slowly come back around to believing again. If we get a Switch Lite Oled announcement or something this year I'll probably just find a hole to bury myself in lol.

Can we admit that it's starting to get quite dicey here? I mean with them doing a new bundle, they're probably not announcing anything soon, and we are really running out of reasonable time here. Both the OLED and Lite were announced in early July, and it seems we're not going to get a pro announcement until at least August. Seems like maybe, quite possibly, it's just not happening.

Can we admit that it's starting to get quite dicey here? I mean with them doing a new bundle, they're probably not announcing anything soon, and we are really running out of reasonable time here. Both the OLED and Lite were announced in early July, and it seems we're not going to get a pro announcement until at least August. Seems like maybe, quite possibly, it's just not happening.
it's happening next week tho

I think the marketing for Splatoon 3 has been...bizarre. I somehow think 2 did a better job of showing new stuff in trailers than 3 has.
Well, 2 only had reveal trailer in January, Salmon Run in April, then singleplayer trailer at the end of the ARMS Direct lol, Treehouse at E3 but it was basically all about that Splatoon 2 Direct.

Ah no, that's a shame! Do you remember it and can find it?! It wasn't this one was it, because it still cracks me up to death to this day, and you'd be my hero:

v6QAdvn.jpg
No lmao, it was this. I'm not artistically gifted enough to make that, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom