• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one was pretty rad for us Shin Megami Tensei fans though. :p

The last one was arguably the overall best yet. It's time for a regular one though, no doubt.
Yeah, ill give you that, they haven't been as bad as people say, just in comparison to a regular direct it can be disappointing to see.

An update about Nintendo's social activity in the past few hours in relation to the rumoured upcoming Nintendo Direct:

The NCL Twitter account and the Splatoon Japanese Twitter account have been pretty much regularly active; at the same time, the Fire Emblem Heroes Twitter accounts (Japanese / Western ones) haven't tweeted anything yet and from what I've seen they tend to be active every day of the week.

Given how NOE just tweeted about Splatoon 3's launch, I'm going to currently assume that the current regime is of limited social media activity, rather than full on media silence. Not an apple:apple comparison since NCL actually went with a full on media silence when Abe was killed while at the very least NOE tweeted that Splatoon 3 is now available, but if they go with a similar time window, then the limited activity should go on until the end of the week-end and then on monday it's full activity again.

While the first signs from the media channels are encouraging, better to wait and see whether partners are informed of changes of plans or not.

No, they are not announcing Direct on Queen's funeral. Direct is safe.

Exactly. The actual funeral is likely the only thing Nintendo's been concerned about, which is traditionally held ten days after a royal's passing away.

I'm too deep in it for this one at this stage, but after this Direct (if it happens...) might be a good time for me to be 'out' from all this I think...

This whole leaker culture is just infuriating and pointless. We're getting ourselves ready to potentially be disappointed over something that technically doesn't even exist yet.

All information is bogus until the companies themselves confirm it, at which point we'd all find out at the same time anyway so who cares. It provides absolutely no benefit to any of us other than more internet clout for the leakers themselves so that the cycle can continue next time. Then the cynic in me thinks seeds of doubt like this get planted as they realise their credibility is instantly ruined if the thing they insist is happening doesn't happen when they said it would. This way they still get to say they were right all along.

Maybe it's just me and I'm essentially missing the entire point of this forum, but I feel like I'd be way happier knowing none of this was potentially even going on in the background and just being pleasantly surprised in a week, or two, or three when Nintendo tweet 'Tune in tomorrow for...'

I don't know what value any of us gain from following any of this. At best we find out what we were going to find out eventually, at worst we get our hopes up for nothing.

It's just for fun.

Predicting and speculating on the ins and outs of a video game company's marketing isn't something most are taking that seriously. Thinking of it like discussing sports and the culture around it. We're just passing the time because it's fun.

Your personal deep-seated happiness shouldn't be on the line if a Direct happens either way and if it is just step away for a bit as you said. Your personal happiness should be the most important thing.

Maybe it's just me and I'm essentially missing the entire point of this forum, but I feel like I'd be way happier knowing none of this was potentially even going on in the background and just being pleasantly surprised in a week, or two, or three when Nintendo tweet 'Tune in tomorrow for...'
This thread is not the entire forum, thankfully. Unlike in the olden days, you actually can escape the never ending Direct speculation circus when it starts to grind your gears. We have what is essentially a community hangout in the General Discussion Thread. We have threads dedicated to specific series, to specific video games, to sports, to politics. There's a vast forum out there, you just have to break free of this thread.

pretty sure Spawn is just joking here, don't have to take every twitter interaction as a serious tease or leak.

alright gamers how are we feeling
I'm feeling confident in that it's not getting delayed, we'll know "for sure" in a couple of hours when Nate/Jeff come in here and say whether their sources have heard anything, and we'll know for sure sure on Monday when we're supposed to get the announcement.

Other than that just started up Splatoon 3, excited to get started from a Splatoon launch day for the first time! (Never done a Splatfest before, the S3 World Premiere Splatfest was my first!)

I'm too deep in it for this one at this stage, but after this Direct (if it happens...) might be a good time for me to be 'out' from all this I think...

This whole leaker culture is just infuriating and pointless. We're getting ourselves ready to potentially be disappointed over something that technically doesn't even exist yet.

All information is bogus until the companies themselves confirm it, at which point we'd all find out at the same time anyway so who cares. It provides absolutely no benefit to any of us other than more internet clout for the leakers themselves so that the cycle can continue next time. Then the cynic in me thinks seeds of doubt like this get planted as they realise their credibility is instantly ruined if the thing they insist is happening doesn't happen when they said it would. This way they still get to say they were right all along.

I don't know what value any of us gain from following any of this. At best we find out what we were going to find out eventually, at worst we get our hopes up for nothing.
In regards to your talk on insider culture, I do wonder if part of the reason people get upset about stuff like this is treating insiders as some sort of no sum game, where whenever they get something wrong they're immediately discredited and should never be trusted again. Or, on the flip side, treating their word as gospel. Just take things more realistically - insiders are just people who have connections in the industry, who are willing to share what those connections tell them. They can totally be wrong on some things, but that doesn't mean they've been faking it this whole time, it just means some of their info was wrong. But in the case of Direct dates, most of these established folk have near 100% records. And why wouldn't they? Directs are kinda huge from an involvement standpoint, of course a ton of people would know when they are

Also, it should be noted that the alternative to insiders isn't calm peaceful waiting until we get an announcement. In the case of this month, we'd probably have spent this week panicking as to why Nintendo hadn't announced a Direct for a week before TGS like they always do. Insiders aren't the ones making us fret over patterns like that, that's just human nature

Wait, so there is no Direct next week?
Little known fact - videogames were only made in the first place by order of the Queen. With her passing that order ceases to be and we have to wait to see if King Charles III will allow them to continue. But considering he'd rather we return to nature and grow cheese, I think it's fair to say this is the end of videogames as we know it.

Little known fact - videogames were only made in the first place by order of the Queen. With her passing that order ceases to be and we have to wait to see if King Charles III will allow them to continue. But considering he'd rather we return to nature and grow cheese, I think it's fair to say this is the end of videogames as we know it.
And finally the world can begin to heal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom