• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time they delayed the Direct till last minute was 15 hours before airing, that was earthquake. Not sure what will happen now, if anything. We will know better over the weekend. If there is not a announcement of Direct on Monday at 22:00 JST, then it's not happening.

At least here in Brazil the traditional media doesn't cover videogames anyway. If that's true in other places I don't know how the potential Queen death could affect the marketing. I guess it wouldn't be a relevant topic for more than 90% of gaming audience. But, what do I know anyway....XD

the earthquake delay was probably out of respect, but I imagine this time it's an entirely pragmatic decision. deserved or not, the whole world will stop when the queen of england dies. nintendo would much rather show zelda when people are around to see it
I imagine that it also causes an issue that Britain enters a period of morning, where there will even be days that become Bank holidays and work is called off. That'd make marketing in the UK/Europe a bit difficult.

Which is a fucking insane thing to do for a monarch in 2022, but alas.

Is Nintendo delaying the direct because the Queen is dying or because Reigen Arataka lost the Tumblr Sexyman Twitter Poll Tournament to Sans Undertale??? Hmmmmm?

The thing is I don't believe this rumour as wouldn't developers have assets ready to go for TGS?
This is good point. Because if there is a TGS game announced in the Direct then the developer will just need to show it even if there is no Direct. Last time, in September 2018 the delayed Direct date was still before TGS so it was good but some western devs still just released the news even without the actual Direct.

Based on everything BBC has done, I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Queen has passed by this point, so any speculation on that front is pretty much moot.

It's really just gonna come down to what they want to do in regards to TGS, because that's the only obstacle in delaying the direct. Maybe they just put stuff on Twitter? Quick partner showcase? I dunno.

Yeah if the Queen dies (more likely is already dead) I'm kinda not even expecting a September direct anymore

Kind of a weird thing to drop during a playthrough of Sonic 06. News of the queen's illness came out around 8am, right? So in a matter of 5 hours, someone high up at Nintendo would have made the call to delay the Direct and then share that news with other high level Nintendo employees across the world and maybe some high level third party companies. Then that news would have had to pass down to someone at Giant Bomb. So unless the Giant Bomb people are connect with someone high up the chain, that would be some lightning quick decision making, information dissemination, and info gathering.

For real
Unless you live in England, you shouldn't be talking about this.
Careless posting about a real human being is pretty rude.
Know when to hold your tongue - an old lady is about to die.

There really isn't much to say about it.
Hopefully another life isn't lost
Each life is sacred

Questionable takes and rude people aren't good for this site
Unlikely you're changing any minds with posts like that
Every time you call me out, my opinions get worse
Even replying to this is a sign you don't read
Nearly as closely as you should
Jesus Christ I only got when I saw @VolcanicDynamo 's post lmao.

Did Jeff mention the delay being a few weeks? Days? Idk how british media will react but what if instead of Tuesday they do it on Thursday the day TGS starts? Miss the news cycle in the early week but still have it around TGS

I mean obviously this is speculation on speculation with nothing concrete but a thought

I usually don't care about the Queen die or live but please, for the love of Direct (but mostly my sanity), please stay alive for at least another few weeks... I don't want to see the shit storm on Twitter if Direct is "delayed".

I don't understand why people should be happy for an old person dying.
Plenty, plenty of reasons.
FcIxGoAXEAEPjTa

FcIxEt_WAAQWDT0

The thing is I don't believe this rumour as wouldn't developers have assets ready to go for TGS?

Yeah, games are going to be revealed next week one way or another, so I’m not sure what they’d do about the third party games they’ve got marketing deals for.

Based on everything BBC has done, I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Queen has passed by this point, so any speculation on that front is pretty much moot.

It's really just gonna come down to what they want to do in regards to TGS, because that's the only obstacle in delaying the direct. Maybe they just put stuff on Twitter? Quick partner showcase? I dunno.
I don’t think they cram some stuff into a partner showcase, even these are usually planned for months. The Direct is finished, they may delay it.
Doesn’t Nintendo only have little to no presence at TGS? They usually use it for timing of the Direct but I don’t know if it has much importance aside from that

But the queen isn’t dead? She’s just in poor health how would you delay something based on her death when she isn’t even dead.

Unless they’re just considering it in case she does which would make more sense.

There's a major newspaper in Brazil that already has the text written to put out the report on Elizabeth's death for a while.
It was discovered when they put it out by accident, like "Elizabeth II, died at XX, XX/XX/XXXX".
Whenever you don't believe that Nintendo sits on practically done games, remember news outlets in Brazil sit on future news.

I don’t think they cram some stuff into a partner showcase, even these are usually planned for months. The Direct is finished, they may delay it.
Doesn’t Nintendo only have little to no presence at TGS? They usually use it for timing of the Direct but I don’t know if it has much importance aside from that
True, if the Direct really was for next week that's going to take at least a month's, maybe more work to rearrange stuff.

I would just assume if next week goes by without a Direct, we aren't getting one at all.

I would expect Twitter drops for any contractually TGS stuff, and tweet reveals for games still coming this year (Metroid Prime Remaster) when the news cycle dies down.

They called Furukawa and he said no problem we will make Partner Showcase, meanwhile Takahashi will go to Famiboards as a agent so he can map the terrain.

We're just working with hypothetical dates here;

Nintendo hasn't announced anything, so they're not dealing with a public delay.
I mean, sure. Their PR won't be affected I guess, but we're still talking about a delay. I don't get what your point is

Quoted by: SNP
Due to queen's death we decide to delay "The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" until 2024. In the meantime we will be working on some awesome gameplay elements. Take a look at this 2.4 seconds clip.

I don't understand why news coverage would matter? Video games and world news don't really travel in the same circles. I would think it's more 'out of respect' or something like that

Am I mistaken, or is this delay talk stemming from someone saying something that caught Jeff Grubb’s eye in the giantbomb chat? I’ll wait for others to start corroborating before I believe that the direct is delayed.

Nintendo itself doesn’t have much presence at TGS but third parties do often use the Directs for announcements of stuff they’ll be showing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom