• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will both get "Welcome amiibo" or "Booster Course Pass" and "Octo Expansion" kinda deals. I think those games will get back at receiving content in 2023 or 2024.
Nah, devs moved on to next project. For both games they were definitive about support being over.

My opinion on what the game Vanpool is remastering is either Chibi-Robo! (worked on the 3DS one with Skip, Love-De-Lic legacy) or Kirby Air Ride (worked on Kirby spin off for quite a while, surprisingly haven't work on Dream Buffet)

Still think it's Chibi Robo, but Air Ride is likely too imo
Wait, did I miss something? It’s known that Vanpool is working on a remaster of something?

Anyway, as much as I’d love and am hoping for a Kirby Air Ride remaster, I doubt it would actually happen, unfortunately… I’m guessing our only hope of seeing the game again is via GCN NSO, whenever that happens in the future.

tumblr_myun536Z821toqi5ao1_500.gif

A port / remaster of Animal Crossing GC just makes sense.

• People want more Animal Crossing. Always. All the time
  • There's a really vocal part of the fanbase that longs for the GC days
  • New Horizons support ended and there won't probably be a full mainline game in a long while.
  • New Horizons is a completely different vibe. The "you've arrived into an existing village" is completely different from the deserted island vibe.

Do it Nintendo.

So with Star Fox games and replays I draw the comparison to something like Nier Automata or an Uchikoshi joint in that the different routes are seen as part of a whole playthrough, where people don't get attached to the first route because it's accepted as part of truly "finishing" the game to do all the levels/scenarios. "Go back to this point to do a different thing and get more levels, keep going to the real end" is a distinct thing from "if you say this here you get this ending instead of the other one but otherwise most of this stuff is the same." You could implement that as scenarios from the menu, as a branching path like Star Fox SNES, or do something more like 64, implementation is just a matter of what's better for the context. Two routes is fine if you want longer storylines, you could do more if you want each route to be shorter. Command's flowchart is too visual novelly with the branches within branches because of how non-intuitive it is and how much of a pain it is to replay to actually do all the levels and I think we all agree on that point. The one thing I'd do as a QOL thing is if branching paths are objective-based to make sure it's clear what the objectives are so people don't have to google it

But all your ideas are great and I'd play a Star Fox game with any of them
What you're telling me is that to make star fox successful we need a star fox game with 26 different endings where fox (dressed as a maid) and falco journey to a desolated cornelia destroyed and overrun by Andross robots while debating the meaning of life and free will in multiple playthrough? I'm in.

It is September everyone(finally). Are we still expecting a Direct the 14th?
It’s not impossible to have a direct on the 14th, but it would have to be earlier in the day (PST). Too late in the day and it’s already the 15th in Japan, with TGS they wouldn’t cut it that close.

It really comes down to what ‘pattern’ they stick with - date or time. Stick with the expected day of the week (Wednesday the 14th) and the time has to change to like 9am PST. Stick to the expected time of day (3pm PST) and the day has to change to Tuesday the 13th or earlier. We’ll see

Nah, devs moved on to next project. For both games they were definitive about support being over.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ended support in 2017 and then started putting out new courses 5 years later. While I don't think there will be more Animal Crossing stuff, I think more Smash Ultimate stages is possible. Those wouldn't need the full team or Sakurai back. Not saying it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

What you're telling me is that to make star fox successful we need a star fox game with 26 different endings where fox (dressed as a maid) and falco journey to a desolated cornelia destroyed and overrun by androids robots while debating the meaning of life and free will in multiple playthrough? I'm in.
NieR Automata is Star Fox except you don't have to fly through the rings and save 9S to get the later scenarios, it just gives them to you after the first time

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ended support in 2017 and then started putting out new courses 5 years later. While I don't think there will be more Animal Crossing stuff, I think more Smash Ultimate stages is possible. Those wouldn't need the full team or Sakurai back. Not saying it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
To be fair the situation is different. After MK8 Deluxe and Arms, EPD9 went on to work on Tour, and they used that as a base for the Booster Pack, since all the tracks are straight up from Tour, with some minor graphical changes.

I would expect it earlier, maybe the 13th if it's that week. But yes, we are expecting a Direct sometime by the 14th, I'd say. Could still be next week, too.
Oh yeah its probably the 13th then so not too close to TGS. Next week would be nice but im preparing for around 13th. 10 more days until announcement then

999 is like Star Fox in that you're inside of a ship and you're trying to save your crewmates. Solving puzzles to escape the room is the same as shooting enemies to escape the planet

To be fair the situation is different. After MK8 Deluxe and Arms, EPD9 went on to work on Tour, and they used that as a base for the Booster Pack, since all the tracks are straight up from Tour, with some minor graphical changes.

Regardless, they still stopped work on MK8 and then years later, moved time and resources back to expanding the game. They knew MK8 would be a seller for expansion pack so Nintendo assembled a team to work on content. It's not out of the question that they would do the same for one of their other big Switch sellers. Animal Crossing already got the Happy Home Paradise DLC. But for Smash, they could assemble another team to work on additional content for Smash Bros to add more value to the expansion pack. It could just be a smaller portion of the original team or heck, it doesn't even need to involve anyone from the original team. DLCs, especially among AAA games, are often done by outside studios. Any new content for Smash would probably be made by Namco, but not necessarily the original staff members.

Besides expecting a H1 release for BotW 2 + Switch Pro, as well as Fire Emblem and Advance Wars at some point, I've been struggling to think about what Nintendo's line-up will be.

We have so many games that could make an appearence. Exciting times.

As far as the Direct goes, I'm expecting:

• Metroid Prime HD Trailer (Nov Release)
  • Metroid Prime 4 "Development going well"
  • Zelda BotW 2 Trailer + Subtitle (Spring 2023)
  • Zelda WW + TP Trailer (October + December)
  • Fire Emblem Trailer (March Release)
  • Advance Wars Trailer (Feb Release)

A port / remaster of Animal Crossing GC just makes sense.

• People want more Animal Crossing. Always. All the time
  • There's a really vocal part of the fanbase that longs for the GC days
  • New Horizons support ended and there won't probably be a full mainline game in a long while.
  • New Horizons is a completely different vibe. The "you've arrived into an existing village" is completely different from the deserted island vibe.

Do it Nintendo.

I would love it if this happened. The original game on GameCube was better in many ways that New Horizons for me, specifically with respect to its ability to simulate a dynamic village life that doesn't feel repetitive or scripted. New Horizions got the Minecraft treatment....but the actual day to day village life is just really shallow.

It'd be interesting if we see new development partners behind some of the remastered content. If Kid Icarus Uprising is coming to Switch, it's highly likely it's the Bandai-Namco remaster, so that's covered. Tantalus publicly denied doing any work on bringing Wind Waker or Twilight Princess over from Wii U; of course, that public denial might have been a fib, and Wind Waker HD wasn't handled by Tantalus originally. Perhaps Nintendo have ported them themselves, with minimal changes; perhaps Tantalus were contracted again; perhaps someone else was involved. We also know that Retro Studios handled Prime themselves, with some assistance (though I don't know if it was established who assisted?).

The wildcard is the prospective F Zero GX remaster. In an ideal world, it's handled by a talented studio who might be willing and capable of working on original entries in the future. My hope for Famicom Detective Club and Advance Wars was that those games would result in new external development partnerships with Mages and WayForward; something similar for F Zero (and over time, other franchises) could be great.

Retro Studios Presents: BBQ Shack. A cooking game purely made to showcase RUDE 2.0 (Retro's engine), its visual and gameplay capabilities.

Regardless, they still stopped work on MK8 and then years later, moved time and resources back to expanding the game. They knew MK8 would be a seller for expansion pack so Nintendo assembled a team to work on content. It's not out of the question that they would do the same for one of their other big Switch sellers. Animal Crossing already got the Happy Home Paradise DLC. But for Smash, they could assemble another team to work on additional content for Smash Bros to add more value to the expansion pack. It could just be a smaller portion of the original team or heck, it doesn't even need to involve anyone from the original team. DLCs, especially among AAA games, are often done by outside studios. Any new content for Smash would probably be made by Namco, but not necessarily the original staff members.
Can't see them going back to Ultimate without Sakurai. It's Nintendo's game, they do what they want to do with that game, but I'm certain they won't want to touch it if Sakurai isn't involved. Definitely won't design any characters without him, and a DLC pass of just stages wouldn't be that interesting so much time after the end of the character pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom