• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's enough out of you young man
ezgif-3-0bfdae15dc.gif

One important note for all of who say this has to launch with BOTW2:

The situation back then, because some say the Switch was pushed due to Zelda BOTW (I really dont know anything about that), was a very bad one for Nintendo. Because no other big games that attract the masses were available for launch, it had to launch with BOTW. Not a single company pushes its hardware because of lack of 1 title. Just look at Xbox Series X launching without Halo 1 1/2 years ago.

This time everything is different:

-Nintendo is far from going bankrupt (the total opposite actually)
-This new hardware wont be a complete new generation
-You have plenty of AAA games coming to Switch this year, like Mario Rabbids (remember the tweet of Jason Schreier in regards to Switch 4K and this particular game) , Metroid Prime Remaster, Splatoon 3 and many more maybe even a Zelda Double Pack and because we still dont know shit maybe a new DK or Mario game.

You dont need BOTW2 as a launch title with this portfolio.
Maybe you're right in that it's not "needed" with how Nintendo is doing right now or in comparison to other companies. Still, it's always certainly a plus to release a huge (and very anticipated) game alongside a hardware release so that consumers, like myself, would be extremely inclined to purchase both a new console and a new game for that console simultaneously. Now, I'm not saying BOTW2 will be exclusive to the Switch DLSS with that last sentence but it'd surely be marketed very well in tandem with that new console.

The weird thing about the last two-three weeks is that while there's no smoking gun - not even when you add everything together - just about everything else is smoking. There's not one bit of evidence or combination of evidence you can lean on to definitively know something is coming. But literally every move Nintendo has made makes more sense if something indeed is coming.

Ubisoft time

Really curious to see how this ends up since it's literally being forced out the door by the government lol

As someone who got into Sea of Thieves for the first time this weekend and somehow put 10 hours into it... I'll watch. It'll probably miss the point of what I adore about SoT though.

wait has anybody checked twitter maybe they got ratio'd and are going blackout on social media one step at a time

The non believers need to be banned. They don’t listen. They don’t deserve Nintendo. They don’t deserve us.
tries to hide all the anti-hype evidence by posting alibi hype

Soon! Will be so hype. It will happen for sure now. The Pro. It arrives at last. The second coming of Christ is upon us. BotW 4k, 120 fps incoming.

is out of breath and faints

Wait.

Isn’t putting a video on private.

A form of a…pattern 😳
A pattern is “a sports team tends to win a game, then lose a game, then win a game, then lose a game, and they lost their last game so they’re probably going to win the next one”

Evidence is “if we put the ball in the opponent’s net more times than they put the ball in ours, we win the game”

this isn’t a pattern, this is hard evidence

What’s a good tool for editing gifs and making them last much longer?

I wanna up my game with my meme posting

Maybe you're right in that it's not "needed" with how Nintendo is doing right now or in comparison to other companies. Still, it's always certainly a plus to release a huge (and very anticipated) game alongside a hardware release so that consumers, like myself, would be extremely inclined to purchase both a new console and a new game for that console simultaneously. Now, I'm not saying BOTW2 will be exclusive to the Switch DLSS with that last sentence but it'd surely be marketed very well in tandem with that new console.
And this is the point: Us, who are willing to double dip, our number in percent is not even a single digit from all purchases. The most buyers (99%) wont buy a new console for BOTW2, only if its a compelte new generation which requires to do so in order to be able to play it. Am I wrong?

they will just put out a new trailer that plays the Lite and OLED trailer at the same time on top of each other, confirming the OLITE

"Season 2" is the exact same as "Switch 2" if you change the word "Season" to "Switch".

What the wtf.

If the Switch Pro gets revealed should I update the General ST title or not? Live a Live is cool but a Switch revision reveal's gonna be the defining event of the month no matter what.

Nintendo announces the Pro just to cancel it 3 seconds before release. Just you watch!

negative zero
I do want to add that I am a believer, the thought just popped in my head after seeing one of the posters mention the summer Splatoon competition and I wanted to gauge what some of the more knowledgeable people would think.

Hasn't been announced yet. Starting to lose faith....

...IN BASE FOUR I'M FINE

What are the chances it is just a Splatoon 3 OLED special edition?
Do special editions usually get their own reveal video? Don't they usually get announced in trailers for the associated game? I don't think they'd put the video on private in that case

switch cartridges with a nose, cartridges with a nose is what I for one am smelling mmmhhhh

I do want to add that I am a believer, the thought just popped in my head after seeing one of the posters mention the summer Splatoon competition and I wanted to gauge what some of the more knowledgeable people would think.
that's fair and I understand but that isn't really the vibe rn

Do special editions usually get their own reveal video? Don't they usually get announced in trailers for the associated game? I don't think they'd put the video on private in that case
Yeah; special editions get revealed in Directs or Twitter posts. They might get a video but it'd be really weird for Nintendo to announce a Splatoon 3 Edition OLED in its own video, instead of on Twitter or in a Splatoon 3 Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom