• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we expecting a direct? There was literally one last week. There's no way a full direct is coming until September.
we are expecting a direct because there was one last week

you gotta think these sorts of things through my man

c3e.jpg

Hello Nintendo, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

Waddle Dee Knows is unusually quiet this week.
Where is the reassurance?

another “Mario peeking around the curtain” tweet (for those of us who remember that tweet from six years ago)

That, along with the flaming chibi robo, was the most hype tweet of all time. We just knew it was finally time to see the NX.

Although I like a hypethread as much as the next muppet, personally I wouldn't expect anything just yet.

come on miyamoto tell us you still love us

Tbh i think they can absolutely sell this new unit without new dedicated software, because I think the greatest launch title a 4K capable switch could ever ask for is “a free BOTW 1 patch that makes the game 4K60”

worked for the Series X!

Tbh i think they can absolutely sell this new unit without new dedicated software, because I think the greatest launch title a 4K capable switch could ever ask for is “a free BOTW 1 patch that makes the game 4K60”

worked for the Series X!
If you're a fanboy, maybe. Not for the vast majority of consumers.

worked for the Series X!
I don’t necessarily agree. Nintendo with all their software coming can have a game lined up with it. They’ve done it in the past, why not continue doing it? “BotW 1 patch” to me is a nice side announcement for a new Switch.

If you're a fanboy, maybe. Not for the vast majority of consumers.
lmao “fanboy”
also, as if this ~$500 unit is targeting “the vast majority of consumers” and not a relatively small hardcore userbase

like, the vast majority of consumers are going to buy the base Switch or maybe an OLED or maybe even a Lite. This unit is not for them, at least at launch.

I don’t necessarily agree. Nintendo with all their software coming can have a game lined up with it. They’ve done it in the past, why not continue doing it? “BotW 1 patch” to me is a nice side announcement for a new Switch.
Oh I think they WILL have at least one piece of software ready to go, but BOTW1 in 4K is going to be the one that will really make hardcore pixel-counters lose their minds, which, especially at launch, knowing the price of this unit is gonna be like 500 USD, that’s gonna be the target demo for now.

worked for the Series X!
Oh for sure, but fomo and hype play a huge part in that if they were to release/showcase it with new software that compliments it, more people will buy it.

But yeah I’m gonna buy it no matter what regardless lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom