• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But cloud saves also seem to transfer play activity with them, so if you're relying on those, only saves that have to be transferred manually are affected. Why they don't transfer the play activity with the manual local transfer for individual games is beyond me.
A Nintendo Account is only allowed to be linked to one Switch profile period, right? Why don't they treat playtime as a property of one's Nintendo account and store it on their server?

Like, track it locally, post it to their server periodically, and pull from the server when necessary. Like cloud saves.

Splatoon is a niche franchise.
It honestly surprises how massive Splatoon is for Nintendo. For a franchise that started on Nintendo's least successful console in over a decade to became one of its most prominent series in less than 10 years is absolutely commendable.

A Nintendo Account is only allowed to be linked to one Switch profile period, right? Why don't they treat playtime as a property of one's Nintendo account and store it on their server?

Like, track it locally, post it to their server periodically, and pull from the server when necessary. Like cloud saves.
now don't quote me on this, but iirc Japan has a MyNintendo app with a god damned activity log

I know we will for sure don't get a General Direct until September but I would like to ask a question which I always ask before Direct airs.
Which Direct intro is actually the best one in your opinion?

While 2015-16 brings back a lot of memories I would probably need to go with the latest one. Will love your thoughts.

Honestly I think BOTW was a very expensive game for Nintendo to make, but I don't think the budget was near the amount of one first-party Sony title. You can spend years on a big game with a big team without overflowing on graphics and movie like visuals. What makes Zelda expensive is the mechanics, world design, and complex gameplay, not the visuals.

Tbh, seeing full blowout of BOTW2 after all these years will really feel unreal, especially after 2 years of pandemic. This is gonna be a special day for whole gaming industry.
I can't wait for that moment when the trailer ends, a beautiful shot of Islands in the Sky over Hyrule fills the screen, The Legend of Zelda logo appear on the screen, and then some clouds clear out to reveal the subtitle..

Honestly I think BOTW was a very expensive game for Nintendo to make, but I don't think the budget was near the amount of one first-party Sony title. You can spend years on a big game with a big team without overflowing on graphics and movie like visuals. What makes Zelda expensive is the mechanics, world design, and complex gameplay, not the visuals.
IIRC Miyamoto said before release of BOTW that they need to sell 2 million units to justify the cost of development.

I know we will for sure don't get a General Direct until September but I would like to ask a question which I always ask before Direct airs.

While 2015-16 brings back a lot of memories I would probably need to go with the latest one. Will love your thoughts.

2017-2019

I'm a big fan of 2017-2019, but the latest one does have an interesting 3DS era feel that is of course very appropriate for a Nintendo Direct intro

The fact that it's been so many years in development for the new Zelda and we can't even get a name really suggests to me that Nintendo wants to do a full unveil of the game on new hardware. I still believe the game and Switch 4K will launch no later then next Spring and Nintendo plans on using the new Zelda as the big sell for that new hardware. I'm not even suggesting this because they have done this several times in the past with Zelda but because it makes complete sense with how much money, time and resources went into this new game.

I'm personally banking on new hardware making an appearance maybe in January along with a full Zelda reveal in 4K with improved visuals, awesome looking game and pure hype for playing on the new system.

Nah, the visuals were also a huge part honesty. It’s not as detailed as those mega expensive Sony titles. But compared breath of the Wild to other Nintendo games and you’ll see a world of difference in visuals. Sure the world might not be as detailed. But a lot of the other stuff around it like enemies and locations. Such and such.

They spent big on visuals. Only thing is that not needing to shot for some ultra realtsitic fidelity which is costly.

Granted I agree it still probably didn’t come close to the same as Sony games. Maybe not even FFVII Remake. But probably is above that since that is linear to a fault. Just feel like sometimes the Zelda fanbase doesn’t give the game its due in graphics. (Or audio Design, but like no one really cares about that and don’t realize how amazing BOTW’s audio design is)

but but but

That would make too much sense

My mind is reeling at the implications of there being two independent game time tracking mechanisms for the same platform
I maintain that the Switch system software was somewhat rushed and never quite got on its feet because of it

but but but

That would make too much sense
account_id
game_id
gameplay_time_hours
352434634​
366​
20​
352434634​
264​
155​
352434634​
1795​
40​
352434634​
2​
350​

This of course not being very scalable, but still demonstrating my point

Some people dont see this. Like I was listening to a conversation that said that XC3 is not a AAA jrpg unlike FF7R. Do you (that person) have any idea how expensive that game is? Especially how big those games are and this being monoliths biggest one.

Some people dont see this. Like I was listening to a conversation that said that XC3 is not a AAA jrpg unlike FF7R. Do you (that person) have any idea how expensive that game is? Especially how big those games are and this being monoliths biggest one.
Takahashi himself has said that XC are mid-budget games (AA), they compete with Tales Of/Persona/Yakuza budget wise not FF7R (when it comes to JP devs only BOTW/MH:World can compete versus FF7R budget wise probably). They are not AAA in the modern sense but really in the case of JRPGs only the SE trio and Pokemon are AAA games, there is nothing wrong about this btw over 80% of Nintendo output can't be considered AAA and there is nothing wrong about it, and XC3 is already a step up when it comes to budget if it keeps growing it will keep getting bigger budgets like all Nintendo franchises that have grown a lot (LM/FE)

Of course Xenoblade isn't AAA. It's actually good.

it sounds like you may not realize how insanely expensive ff7r is

Yo. FFVII remake is insanely expensive.

At the cost of its gameplay and level design. But they spent a fortune on that graphics and cutscenes. They knew they could go more out since they’ll be making more and being able to work with everything they made again.

But FFVII remake is probably more expensive then 95% of games Nintendo puts out.

I would love more than anything to allow voluntary access between Famiboards and a member's Nintendo Account data in order to display currently playing, playtime, play history information on Famiboards

Kind of like what @Mi460 made for Discord.

Those FFVII Remake Cutscenes were like something I had never seen before. The opening one was bonkers. Square probably got a huge bag from Sony for the exclusivity to put something like that together. I'm excited that we'll be able to play Crisis Core, and maybe get Remake on Drake.

I’ve given up on trying to distinguish between indie, AA, and AAA. There’s just so many different ways to tackle each definition that it’s more or less impossible to find a clear cut distinction between the three.

The important thing is that games like Xenoblade are priced the same as games like FF7R, and therefore should be judged on equal footing. Budget shouldn’t come into play when discussing a games merits or legitimacy.

This was literally what I was thinking while playing it.
-Force walking at slow speed.
-have to load next area by forcing a “crawling”
-every level is a straight line
-low amount of enemies
-areas cut off randomly at times

Yeah. It’s terrible. Reason why the game I can only call it Decent at best cause it’s one of “play it once to experience”. I had more issues with the writing being rather bad tho. And the cutscenes were very Zack Synder. So much slow motion and explosions lol, like I’m surprise the amount of people not realize it how Zack Synder it’s inspired.

Anyways. I should stop ranting on Remake, I think it’s decent and hoping the sequel fixes a lot of issues I had. Especially since this one has a trouble development

Takahashi himself has said that XC are mid-budget games (AA), they compete with Tales Of/Persona/Yakuza budget wise not FF7R (when it comes to JP devs only BOTW/MH:World can compete versus FF7R budget wise probably). They are not AAA in the modern sense but really in the case of JRPGs only the SE trio and Pokemon are AAA games, there is nothing wrong about this btw over 80% of Nintendo output can't be considered AAA and there is nothing wrong about it, and XC3 is already a step up when it comes to budget if it keeps growing it will keep getting bigger budgets like all Nintendo franchises that have grown a lot (LM/FE)

I mean GameFreak has 169 employees and Monolift Soft has 275. Pokemon's budget isn't that high either.

it sounds like you may not realize how insanely expensive ff7r is
Oh I totally understand that game was extremely expensive to make. The point is not that one is more expensive than the other, but that because one is more expensive does not mean the other is cheap

Thats my point that saying AAA is today's view is equated to super expensive and good looking games. The whole rating thing is a mess. Like the example you gave, if you ask someone are Persona/Yakuza/Arise AAA jrpgs, they would most likely say yes, but their technically arent. And for their respective companies(I guess minus Namco) they were expensive projects.

Like you said people dont associate some Nintendo games as AAA with the exception of Zelda and Mario and thats ok. Like for example is Splatoon a AAA third person shooter? Idk but it doesnt really matter right, for nintendo is a gigantic franchise that, if 2 is anything to go by, it will eclipse it in size, budget and sales.

I’d love this!!!!
I absolutely adore the idea that we will see how many Famiboards users are now playing the niche franchise Animal Crossing and weeb Xenoblade games.

Me too, but the problem is that the Nintendo API no longer directly returns live play activity with your data and instead only provides your friend's live play activity data. So every single Famiboards user would have to actually sign in with a secondary Nintendo account they've created just to use to create a dummy profile to add their main profile as a friend. It's fucked.

Me too, but the problem is that the Nintendo API no longer directly returns live play activity with your data and instead only provides your friend's live play activity data. So every single Famiboards user would have to actually sign in with a secondary Nintendo account they've created just to use to create a dummy profile to add their main profile as a friend. It's fucked.
Yikes, but it actually sounds kinda easily but most users don't actually have Switch here so we are fucked.

If that were true then July 5th, 2022 would have gone very differently for all of us
I am very well aware of that but it was only a beginning, Splatoon kinda trailer manifestation was next (it was the OLED trailer I know), prediction of Splatoon 3 wishing summer art. Oh yeah, protect me at all cost, am about to be a next insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom