• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't going to be a first-party focused mini/general direct...is there?
cover3.jpg

I would assume it's related to the Partner Mini, but I'm checking the current page against Internet Archive's from July 2nd and don't see any difference

Can’t imagine them doing a first party only showcase (the last one was 2017) without a very good reason. I think if one comes it will be when they reveal new hardware, whenever that happens. If they don’t wanna show hardware next week, I wouldn’t expect a 1st party direct because then why did they split it up from the partner showcase

I want to see that crispy 4K gameplay video of MP1R. And I'm not even a Metroid fan lol.

You will be.

Unless you already tried and disliked MP1 and then maybe you won't be.

But still maybe you will be.

Can’t imagine them doing a first party only showcase (the last one was 2017) without a very good reason. I think if one comes it will be when they reveal new hardware, whenever that happens. If they don’t wanna show hardware next week, I wouldn’t expect a 1st party direct because then why did they split it up from the partner showcase
It doesn't even neccesarily have to be a "first party only showcase". There could be some Pro-only "miracle ports" (i.e. RDR2) that are revealed in this hypothetical event, too.

I played MP1 on the GameCube for like an hour but the headbob does not agree with me

If the remake adds a toggle for that maybe I'll give it another shot

It doesn't even neccesarily have to be a "first party only showcase". There could be some Pro-only "miracle ports" (i.e. RDR2) that are revealed in this hypothetical event, too.
sure! I just don’t see a first party (+ other stuff) event happen WITHOUT new hardware. Because then they wouldn’t have to do the Partner Showcase

Nintendo Direct archive got updated today...
2022-07-07_19.png
I think this is one of those stuff that always happens but that we are not always paying attention, so it doesn't mean much by itself, unless we have the date of the previous cache update

Not ruling out anything, could be "a broken clock is correct twice a day" kind of situation

Here's a head scratcher for you
Why would they show off a bunch of third party games on much weaker hardware a few weeks before revealing new hardware that can run them much better?
Wouldn't it have made more sense to do the third party showcase after the hardware reveal?

Here's a head scratcher for you
Why would they show off a bunch of third party games on much weaker hardware a few weeks before revealing new hardware that can run them much better?
Wouldn't it have made more sense to do the third party showcase after the hardware reveal?
Not if the games aren't enhanced. The games run on the current Switch and it's not worth confusing audiences as to whether they're exclusive to new hardware.

Pro in a couple of days. It actually does make sense after the announcement of the Splatoon OLED.
The problem is that if the Oled Splatoon 3 costs $ 350 who would buy it considering that at 400 you could buy the pro directly? i don't think nintendo puts a price above 400 for the pro

You know what Nintendo, I'm tired of waiting! If you're just going to drag your feet, I'm going to move on with my life. Find love. Start a family. Become rich and successful. Discover true happiness. I was willing throw all of that away for you but you left me hanging!

The problem is that if the Oled Splatoon 3 costs $ 350 who would buy it considering that at 400 you could buy the pro directly? i don't think nintendo puts a price above 400 for the pro
that's all the more reason to expect a 500 usd pro

you should all get into splatoon because splatoon is most likely better than whatever you're playing now
what if i'm already playing splatoon, is it better than itself

i'm actually not playing it, but i'm not happy about that

It is interesting that this time we don't have any kind of leak or hint from insiders, but we are almost sure that something is happening next week.

We did it. We transcended, now we are Nintendo Gods :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom