• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST|

When will the next general Direct (full or mini) be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ah ah, that's a win for january

first general, mini or not
Oh! Well in that case I think you’re right. I just don’t see any way we get to March without at least a Mini happening, unless things get real weird

Oh! Well in that case I think you’re right. I just don’t see any way we get to March without at least a Mini happening, unless things get real weird
yeah, we'd have to get a pokemon direct, kirby direct, maybe a partner showcase, and a bunch of tweets

Seeing the Silksong thread bump reminded me that this next Direct also has a very real chance of finally seeing that game again. I’m not sure it’d be a shadow drop, but who knows? I could see it

ah ah ah, that's a win for january
iSv2vO.gif

I chose to not join a team, because whichever I would, erm, "grace" with my presence would inevitably wind up losing. So you are all welcome.

#TeamJanuaryVeteran

Seeing the Silksong thread bump reminded me that this next Direct also has a very real chance of finally seeing that game again. I’m not sure it’d be a shadow drop, but who knows? I could see it

If I was Team Cherry, at this point, I would not want a shadow drop, I’d want at least a month of “Oh shit Silksong is dropping in a month” online discourse

So I am waiting in line to get my covid test and I was thinking about the direct that WILL take place on Feb 9th. Here are a few of my predictions.

- The direct will open with a spectacular Kirby and the Forgotten Land trailer and it launches on April 15th.

- Kingdom Hearts series available immediately after the direct (cloud versions) 😔

- Triangle Strategy new demo that carries over to final game

- Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

- Splatoon 3 trailer + global test fire. Will launch on May 27th

- Silksong trailer and it releases on March 11th

- Mario Rabbids - Trailer and it releases on July 8th.

- Fantasian is coming to Switch summer 2022

- New Pushmo game available immediately after the direct for Switch online members.

- Dragon Quest 3 remake announced for Switch. 2022. No release day.

- Final Fantasy XIII coming to Switch in summer of 2022

- Metroid Dread DLC + Trilogy announcement

- Tales of Arise - Summer 2022

- Donkey Kong game for holiday 2022

- One last thing - dedicated Zelda event in the coming weeks

That's all. Let me dream dammit.

edit: had accidentally listed final fantasy 3 instead of dragon quest 3 remake.

Edit 2: Added Tales of Arise

Edit 3: Pushmo

Last edited:
Team February - I think Nintendo will mostly focus on giving new trailers/solid release dates to already announced Q1/Q2 games (Splatoon 3, Kirby, etc.), but as far as major new stuff goes I'm predicting we get a new 2D Mario announced. It won't be the big "refresh" we were hoping for (as it will be made mostly to tie into the movie's release), but won't be in the "New" series (something like the 3D World in Maker 2 style is what I think they'll aim for). Vague "holiday" release date teased with more info at E3.

Man that Arlo prediction where he says the first direct of the year ends with them announcing a BOTW2 Direct sounds so sick

If E3 isn't a thing this year, I can see Nintendo using that summer direct slot to blow out BOTW2, in the way they basically did with the first game and Smash Ultimate.

One other thing, I can't see Nintendo announcing a new Fire Emblem until the summer. They have both Advance Wars and Triangle Strategy on the way, and won't want a new FE stealing the limelight from them. I think this is why we haven't seen Xenoblade 3 yet: Nintendo didn't want SMTV getting overshadowed, and now it's out, Nintendo are all clear to reveal it.

Why am I considering switching to team January?

Man I really shouldn’t but a Direct this week seems so possible and like, I just want it😭😭

I figured it out y'all, the Kingdom Hearts games aren't cloud versions, they're actually Cloud versions. They're expanding Cloud's role and adding in new content. It was just lost in translation

Man I really shouldn’t but a Direct this week seems so possible and like, I just want it😭😭
That's the subtle, insidious nature of Team January. You're convinced it'll be February, that everything seems to point to that, but then the first week of January that there's the potential to have a Direct arrives, and you think... hey, it could be this week, couldn't it?

I think there's actually some hope which is wild to me

reminder to the crowd that if there's a general Direct this week the thread ends. if there's a general Direct Mini then the teams raffle will be drawn but the thread won't end

Can I join #TeamFebruary ? Though there is hope for January. I don't really see Nintendo needing a direct, though.

I'm #TeamFeb, but I wouldn't be against a January Direct Mini. Show off Kirby, Silksong, a few third party games like Alan Wake Remastered, and maybe some DLC for Mario Party or Dread. We're good on first party announcements for right now, as long as we get a regular Direct in March it should be fine.

So I am waiting in line to get my covid test and I was thinking about the direct that WILL take place on Feb 9th. Here are a few of my predictions.

- The direct will open with a spectacular Kirby and the Forgotten Land trailer and it launches on April 15th.

- Kingdom Hearts series available immediately after the direct (cloud versions) 😔

- Final Fantasy 3 remake announced for Switch. 2022. No release day.

Give me all of that! My Dream Direct!

- Final Fantasy 3 remake announced for Switch. 2022. No release day.

another FF3 remake?

You had me up until this point. They wouldn't do this hot on the heels of Pixel Remasters (which had better be in the February direct to coincide with VI's launch).

Otherwise, those are some good dreams!
make the pixel remake 2dhd as well..

I totally meant to say Dragon Quest 3, not sure what I was thinking
lol.. makes sense
I meant to say dragon quest 3 which was already announced but did not confirm platforms
it would be hilarious if SE would skip switch given that DQ sells well in Japan.

Hello all!

Switchum here. You might remember me from the Direct and Switch Pro hype days of ResetEra.

I always come around when Direct hype starts to grow, and this year is no exception!

I look forward to having conversation with you all! You’re all so welcoming and I am excited to re-join the community.

If it’s not too late, could I be put down for #TeamFebruary? My birthday is on February 11 and I like to believe we’ll see a Nintendo Direct around that time :)

Thanks everyone!

Been playing through Tales of Arise and it's absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to replaying it portably on Switch this summer
This has been a subject of Japanese sales threads from the old place many times, but it's doubtful that it's coming unfortunately. Bandai Namco have only been doing late ports for games not made internally, since Harada took over as head of the internal studios in 2018 (Jump Force, FighterZ, Kakarot are all made by external studios as examples). Much like Code Vein, I think ToA and Scarlett Nexus are not getting late ports. Even when it comes to externally made games, it seems the launch timing depends on the developer (CC2 games usually come about a year later).

Last edited:
And so, the week begins, I’m sure we’ll come out of it with something new, what exactly that is however, remains to be seen

And so, the week begins, I’m sure we’ll come out of it with something new, what exactly that is however, remains to be seen
I think that at the very least, we're getting Arceus previews. They'd have to be out two weeks prior to launch, right? Have Nintendo ever done hands-on previews with less than two weeks left?

Anyway, I think we'll get that, plus maybe more, we're finally getting into the juicy time of the year.

I think that at the very least, we're getting Arceus previews. They'd have to be out two weeks prior to launch, right? Have Nintendo ever done hands-on previews with less than two weeks left?

Anyway, I think we'll get that, plus maybe more, we're finally getting into the juicy time of the year.
I mean, regardless of whether TPC wants us to, we’ll definitely know more about Arceus by the end of the week

This would be really good and something I'd definitely buy.

Either would be good, both would be fantastic. The Trilogy in one SKU or three different SKUs though?

Tales of Arise - Summer 2022
I'd imagine Harada himself would want to make that kind of announcement. Maybe something like "The Alliance is now finished. Long live Nintendo and it's Switch, the undisputed champion"

btw my expectation for february direct are more info and (hopefully) dates of games scheduled for spring/summer (march to september) like advance wars, kirby, mario + rabbids 2, splatoon 3, xeno 3 or next fe, bayo 3.

i’m 90% sure metroid will be saved for E3, maybe also zelda botw 2 and a new mario game to be released near the movie.

The big if is always third party content. Sadly there isn’t many teasers of new games by insiders/journalists, or sometimes bad news like the (possible) cancellation of the rumoured Switch resident evil game.

confusing ass threads man
It's not that confusing; the General Discussion thread is for good, old-fashioned community bonding over anything under the sun. Meanwhile the Direct Speculation thread is where we invoke our basic human nature, split into factions, and grow more radical in our speculations and savagery until the inevitable Direct comes and cools it all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom