• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Xenoblade 3 |ST| Σ Become One

I just now realized the continent is an ouroboros 😑

I've actually been wondering if they'd ever pull a FFXIII-2 and allow one party member slot to be for captureable monsters.

I think it could work in a XBX-style game, if they ever revisit that.
Ah, so the next game will be Juju and some new girl's time travel adventure that goes completely off the rails, got it

I’m guessing you are talking about:

Big talking bird. I loved him and then was sad :(
Nonono, the short buggers with the big horns that'd make Hans Zimmer jealous:
zsCZSal.png

For anyone still playing, do you have a plan for which final hero you want to bring into the final battle? I’m leaning toward Riku and Manana since they’ve been with me on the whole journey, just feels right. I do like Ghondor a lot too though.

Edit: well a final dungeon fight didn’t go very well so uh I guess this was a nice thought but Miyabi will be my final hero. Night and day difference.

Last edited:
I thought I would finish up chapter 5 before going to bed but man did that feel like a mini movie? That was pretty mind blowing. I liked the direction the story went in. I eventually ended up sleeping at 3 or something.

I’m guessing you are talking about:

Big talking bird. I loved him and then was sad :(

He was such a standout, one-off sidequest character in this game. He really left an impression on me, in no small part thanks to his excellent voice actor.

Chapter 3, 35 hours in lol

I’ve been playing on Hard but there are some bosses where I’ve had to jump down the difficulty level. The difference between normal and hard for some bosses is a little much.

Consul J in particular. My party is level 34 and he’s level 29. Hard mode was unrelenting. Normal was done in 5 minutes.

I'm on chapter 5, almost 60 hours. I'm really loving the gameplay, but there's 2 things I really wish they had done differently.

1- Let me use my mastered classes without wasting CP. It's annoying to be constantly changing my party and making it around what I want them to learn rather than doing it around sinergy/strategy. I'm really thankful they at least put the auto-build button, cause I wouldn't have the patience to do it every time.

2- Chain attacks should have been 1 single order while filling the bar in one third of the time. Keep the damage multiplier and TP for future chain attacks and keep the buff/debuff/Fields after the order. Right now it feels like a press + to win on normal or a party reset on hard.

I think that's probably all that it's preventing it from being my undisputed favorite combat system.
Chapter 3, 35 hours in lol

I’ve been playing on Hard but there are some bosses where I’ve had to jump down the difficulty level. The difference between normal and hard for some bosses is a little much.

Consul J in particular. My party is level 34 and he’s level 29. Hard mode was unrelenting. Normal was done in 5 minutes.
Try using your mastered classes and think of a good synergy for them (or just use their default classes), it makes a huge difference. Sometimes, just changing Mio and Eunie to their default class and carefully building them was what I needed to go from being destroyed to make it a breeze.

For anyone still playing, do you have a plan for which final hero you want to bring into the final battle? I’m leaning toward Riku and Manana since they’ve been with me on the whole journey, just feels right. I do like Ghondor a lot too though.

Edit: well a final dungeon fight didn’t go very well so uh I guess this was a nice thought but Miyabi will be my final hero. Night and day difference.
I took Fiona to the final boss for the non-stop buffs

Just started chapter 7 and

Did the party just left Nia in the cloudkeep? because I found it funny everyone was "thanks queen, we know what we have to do. EVERYONE TO THE CITY!" and they all went their way an nobody even asking "maybe we should bring the queen with us SINCE THERE IS NOTHING HERE"

Just finished it, took me 112 hours.

What a ride, one of the finest JRPG's I've played in the past few years. I'm hoping FF16 delivers next Summer, it feels good to be excited about JRPG's again.

Nothing like going into a boss battle with 6 healers and 1 attacker. An absolute shower of buffs, rings on the floor and green numbers on screen, total overload.

I'm on chapter 5, almost 60 hours. I'm really loving the gameplay, but there's 2 things I really wish they had done differently.

1- Let me use my mastered classes without wasting CP. It's annoying to be constantly changing my party and making it around what I want them to learn rather than doing it around sinergy/strategy. I'm really thankful they at least put the auto-build button, cause I wouldn't have the patience to do it every time.

2- Chain attacks should have been 1 single order while filling the bar in one third of the time. Keep the damage multiplier and TP for future chain attacks and keep the buff/debuff/Fields after the order. Right now it feels like a press + to win on normal or a party reset on hard.

I think that's probably all that it's preventing it from being my undisputed favorite combat system.

Try using your mastered classes and think of a good synergy for them (or just use their default classes), it makes a huge difference. Sometimes, just changing Mio and Eunie to their default class and carefully building them was what I needed to go from being destroyed to make it a breeze.
Mio is in her default class. How should I be building her? This is her current load out:

GEMS:
Brimming Spirit I
Tailwind II

ACCESSORIES:
Iron Temple Guard (gold)
Heavy Weak Guard (gold)

ARTS:
Masters:
Crash Out
Solid Stance

Butterfly Blade
Air Fang
Wide Slash

SKILLS:
Cypher Edge
Defensive Soul

Is there something I should do with her otherwise?

Mio is in her default class. How should I be building her? This is her current load out:

GEMS:
Brimming Spirit I
Tailwind II

ACCESSORIES:
Iron Temple Guard (gold)
Heavy Weak Guard (gold)

ARTS:
Masters:
Crash Out
Solid Stance

Butterfly Blade
Air Fang
Wide Slash

SKILLS:
Cypher Edge
Defensive Soul

I don't remember my specific setup at that point, but you're boosting her defenses (Solid Stance and Heavy Weak Guard), when you should be boosting her evasion (her own stance and Agility accessories).

Auto-attack gems are probably better than aggro gems (you're better throwing more arts and/or doing more damage in previous game to grab aggro, I didn't check if aggro gems/accessories were boosted this time, but the old way is working fairly well).

If you're controlling her, you can time your evade art and the talent art to avoid big attacks from enemies.

EDIT: another tip is that there's a necklace which fills your arts when they revive someone. This is very useful for healers to quickly cast heals right after reviving someone.

Last edited:

GEMS:
Brimming Spirit I
Tailwind II

ACCESSORIES:
Iron Temple Guard (gold)
Heavy Weak Guard (gold)

ARTS:
Masters:
Crash Out
Solid Stance

Butterfly Blade
Air Fang
Wide Slash

SKILLS:
Cypher Edge
Defensive Soul

You're sort of mixing face tank stuff with dodge tank stuff here, you'll get more mileage out of going all in on just one tank style. Zephyr's the premiere dodge tank class so I recommend focusing agility/evasion over defense and block rate.

For accessories, you'll definitely want one that boosts agility by a percent like Gear Support or Jade Support in place of the block rate one. If she's holding aggro alright but dying too easy, it's probably fine to stick with the HP boosting one you got. But if she's having trouble keeping up aggro, you'll want to give her an attack boosting accessory instead.

For arts, Solid Stance isn't really that good. Again she should be evading hits rather than taking them and the damage loss can affect her ability to hold aggro. If you have another art that gives evasion like Quick Draw, you might want to put that in a master slot. Don't pair it with Wide Slash though, pair with another so you have two fusions that'll both have forced evasion. But if she really is struggling to stay alive to a point where reducing her damage is worth it, even then you should probably use her own Speed Demon stance instead of Solid Stance. Cross Impact in place of Crash Out isn't a bad choice either depending on the situation. I can't remember if Crash Out's cooldown is short or long off the top of my head though.

Same with skills, Defensive Soul's not offering much. If she needs more help maintaining aggro then you can boost her damage with Ogre's Fighting Prowess or Thaumaturge's Ultimate Quigong if you've got that.

The Empower Combo gem is also a good way to keep aggro on her if you're controlling her. Putting Taion back in his base class for the evasion field can also help Zephyrs a lot.

GEMS:
Brimming Spirit I
Tailwind II

ACCESSORIES:
Iron Temple Guard (gold)
Heavy Weak Guard (gold)

ARTS:
Masters:
Crash Out
Solid Stance

Butterfly Blade
Air Fang
Wide Slash

SKILLS:
Cypher Edge
Defensive Soul

I don't remember specific names of gems and accessories but to second (or third?) what others have said, Mio is set up from her base to be an agility tank, like Dunban in XB1. So I've been throwing all sorts of agility up and evasion up stuff at her and it works. Like when a unique monster wipes the floor with my party, she's usually the last one left for a while and I can just sit there and watch the majority of the attacks miss her. She's awesome as an agility tank.

Monolith really said, "let's put basically a nearly feature length movie in between these chapters, and most of it will be the most depressing decline into despair you've ever seen in your life."
Now, keep in mind I haven't actually gotten to the end of this whole sequence yet, but,
What I love is how it contextualises the nature of the world (Aionios, eternity, a world in forced stasis) through direct, personal, emotional storytelling. So much better than a kind of the kind of dry exposition on nanomachines or scientific experiments we might have gotten.

Now, keep in mind I haven't actually gotten to the end of this whole sequence yet, but,
What I love is how it contextualises the nature of the world (Aionios, eternity, a world in forced stasis) through direct, personal, emotional storytelling. So much better than a kind of the kind of dry exposition on nanomachines or scientific experiments we might have gotten.
yes yes yes

So much better than a kind of the kind of dry exposition on nanomachines or scientific experiments we might have gotten.
I'm assuming you're referring to The Architect's cutscenes at the end of 2, and comparing them to the cutscenes at the end of Chapter 5 / beginning of Chapter 6

While the section in 3 is far more emotional, I think that's where the comparisons end. The cutscenes at that part in 3 are not serving the same purpose that those at the end of 2 were.

The Architect was describing the lengths he went to attempt atonement of his sins, while simultaneously answering many of the player's questions about the origins of the world. In fact, I would say that the Architect recontextualized Alrest by revealing that Alrest itself was the very Elysium they've been searching for the whole time.

Sure, the Architect's explanations might not have made you cry, but to judge the ending of 2 as if it was attempting to do what the middle of 3 was doing, while reducing it to "dry exposition about nanomachines etc", is missing the point!
[/ISPOILER]

I took Monica. Felt right to have someone from the City help

So I saw the new 3DCGI Dragonball movie last night and I gotta say

Somehow I actually prefer the "3DCGI but cel-shaded anime" style of this damn game more than the undoubtedly very expensive anime film I watched.

Even XB3's fight scenes were more compelling. Than Dragonball.

I really hope Superhero was only done in CGI because of the complications of working in Japan during covid, and that the next one goes back to hand-drawn

But probably not

Nothing like going into a boss battle with 6 healers and 1 attacker. An absolute shower of buffs, rings on the floor and green numbers on screen, total overload.
Really strange how you can turn off damage numbers but not healing numbers. Feels like an oversight.

Back
Top Bottom