• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet |ST| Who You Callin' Paldea, Friend?

Went back to the academy for kicks and apparently you can take classes? I did a couple and I don't think I really got anything, though. Still amusing, I like the idea that there are actual classes I can deliberately skip. Screw school!

After playing last night again it kinda happened what i thought would happen. The first day the performance really annoyed me to the point that it took some of the fun away from the game.

However last night... i dunno if i was lucky and had less issues or if i just got used to it? But it played much better. Performance didnt annoy me half as much anymore and i had a really good time. I look forward to playing more later.

Miraidon during the Herba Mystica quests:
GIMME SANDWICH
Arven is a jerk. Whenever I give my sandwich to Koraidon, he goes like "But I didn't made that sandwich for him! Don't waste them on that silly pokémon!" Come on man cut the poor pokémon some slack, he carries us on his back all through the game.

Went back to the academy for kicks and apparently you can take classes? I did a couple and I don't think I really got anything, though. Still amusing, I like the idea that there are actual classes I can deliberately skip. Screw school!
One of the beginners tips I saw said to do the classes. You might get prizes like you do from completing the pokedex.

I think with patches and future DLC, this will be the best mainline Pokemon on Switch by a mile; but it's a massive shame it can't be like that at launch and shows TPC'S stuborness about releases.

I've done the first two gyms and the first Titan now. Having a lot of fun despite the issues - Tera Raids especially seem snappy and infinitely better than Dynamax Raids. Thank god.

I'm so happy... I named Fidough after one of my childhood dogs since it kinda looked like her.
The evolution looks WAY more like her. It fits so well now 🥰

I somehow noticed a shiny Hippopotas in a group of regular ones lol. Really wish they kept the sound indicator from Arceus.

EDIT: LMAO IT ROARED

I haven't played a ton but so far it's like if your four year old who has been smearing shit on the wall for as long as you can remember drew something that's actually pretty cool with his shit

I got stuck between 2 buildings and I can not get out! Just made it to the largest city with the school. Saw an ally way, very narrow but it looked like I might be able to slip in. I did and now I can't slip out. Turned it off and back on again and i'm still in the spot. Help!

Edit: We can fly early on thank goodness!

I don't mind Exp. Share as much in this game but if it's not going away they need to standardize growth rates across Pokémon, otherwise anything in Slow is just always two levels behind
I got stuck between 2 buildings and I can not get out! Just made it to the largest city with the school. Saw an ally way, very narrow but it looked like I might be able to slip in. I did and now I can't slip out. Turned it off and back on again and i'm still in the spot. Help!
Open the map with Y and warp to a Pokémon Center

The worst part of this game is how hard it is to keep myself from overleveling. When Pokemon was mostly a one-track adventure of corridors lined with trainers,, I could easily skip fights to manage the team's growth. Now that everything's open, I can't stop myself from running after swarms on the other side of the map and before I know it my starter has murdered entire local populations of several species while I wasn't even paying attention and is now the Territorial Rotbart of the zone and then I find out a titan happens to be just close by so I may as well go kill it, too. And I haven't even gotten my first badge yet.

Oh noo, those were the things I relied on most 🥲
I guess it'll be harder to catch shinies that don't have a big change in colors now. XD

Okay, this is the actually worst thing about the game. Above has been demoted to second place.

I'm definitely enjoying fucking off and finding Pokemon everywhere. But even if I can forgive some of the performance hiccups, a lot of this is unacceptable. I think we've all gotten used to the fact that we're screaming into the void about this since Pokemon games mostly look like shit but this is the biggest entertainment brand on planet earth and they really gotta fix this.

These Tauros love to gang up on you. I just fought 3 in a row, each time being blind-sided by the encounter

I'm definitely enjoying fucking off and finding Pokemon everywhere. But even if I can forgive some of the performance hiccups, a lot of this is unacceptable. I think we've all gotten used to the fact that we're screaming into the void about this since Pokemon games mostly look like shit but this is the biggest entertainment brand on planet earth and they really gotta fix this.

I'm willing to bet 20 famicoin that Todd Howard is in the credits for this game.

we don't condone gambling here

Did they increase the XP you get for catching pokemon in this game? It feels MUCH higher than in previous games (other than maybe Arceus). I honestly feel like I could stay leveled up as a team just by doing nothing more than catching one of every new pokemon I encounter and the occasional trainer battle.

I love this game

Found a good way to role play and keep things balanced. Basically involves actually using Pokemon I catch and only pulling out my main party periodically to train them for a while.

Spreading your EXP earnings across more than just six Pokemon, however you want to do it, makes the game much more challenging and fun. Actually feels like you're a regular trainer, fighting with a Sqwovet and a Makuhita and shit.

I love this game

Found a good way to role play and keep things balanced. Basically involves actually using Pokemon I catch and only pulling out my main party periodically to train them for a while.

Spreading your EXP earnings across more than just six Pokemon, however you want to do it, makes the game much more challenging and fun. Actually feels like you're a regular trainer, fighting with a Sqwovet and a Makuhita and shit.
This is what I've been doing. Or, at least, keeping like three-ish members of my team lower level and training them up, then rotating out the main three others when they start to get too high level. It means your team kind of sucks a lot of the time, but it feels good when you get to go "okay, let's break out the big guns for this one" even if I don't have much of a main team yet, anyway. The team I want to go with in this game is unfortunately VERY endgame-focused, so it's going to be a while before I get most of them.

I will second the recommendation to go do the first Titan battle ASAP for newcomers, it makes exploring the world SO much more fun, and it's not too tough of a battle for a few reasons.

Holy shit!!!!

I threw a poke ball at a pokemon I'd never seen before but it turned out to be an off-guard Ditto that used transform to look like another pokemon.

I love this game

This is exactly how I'm playing. I did this with Sword and Shield and it was kinda why I liked the EXP share(although I support it being an option for others). I want to use as many of these new Pokemon as I can and evolve them. I find it more fun being able to switch different kind of Pokemon in and out.

So question!

With the online multiplayer, how does it exactly work, and what are the things you can do it? Is it kind of like Animal Crossing where it is moreso, just being together in the same world, but you can't really do much. Or is there more to it?

So question!

With the online multiplayer, how does it exactly work, and what are the things you can do it? Is it kind of like Animal Crossing where it is moreso, just being together in the same world, but you can't really do much. Or is there more to it?
You can steal or kill the host's shiny Pokemon.

Is it possible to change which goals are shown on the map? I have no idea where the crab Titan is.

Homeroom teacher also teaches biology? What is this, my sophomore year of high school?
To be fair, what does a homeroom teacher actually DO? All I remember doing in homeroom is having free time and being told to work on homework while the teacher just sort of sat at their desk and yelled at us to be quiet every now and then.

Did some fights in the lake area that were at like 2/3rds speed. When the engine can keep up the combat is relatively snappy, and outside of stuff like the starter evolution signature moves the attack animations are brisk enough to take some of the sting out of the lack of a toggle
To be fair, what does a homeroom teacher actually DO? All I remember doing in homeroom is having free time and being told to work on homework while the teacher just sort of sat at their desk and yelled at us to be quiet every now and then.
My high school ended up getting rid of homeroom some years before I started, and they just started the school day like ten minutes later

Back
Top Bottom