• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet |ST| Who You Callin' Paldea, Friend?

Do we have a list of the old Pokemon added in the dlc?
Serebii has lists of Pokémon shown in each part thus far.

Something to note if you're building a Mew to fight Mewtwo: neutral Mewtwo hits 296 Spe, while neutral Mew is 283 after the raid boost. 48 Spe EVs should be enough to outspeed Mewtwo without running Timid/Jolly

So, DLC possibly coming out before any performance enhancement? Or hand in hand?

or... pls wait for switch pro ;(

Played with the damage calc and came up with some sets for fighting Mewtwo. I'm assuming the set is going to be Psystrike/Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere/something else, with maybe Calm Mind or Nasty Plot for additional boosts, but Mewtwo's got a wide movepool so most of these sets have asterisks in that they're countered by something. Assume max special bulk for EVs for support Pokémon, setup attackers can have a little offense as a treat. Mewtwo will have Unnerve so item should be Lefties or Light Clay, maybe Covert Cloak or a type booster depending

Mentioned this in the other thread, SwagPlay counters Mewtwo easily if it only has special moves. The advantage of this is that you're buffing Mewtwo, so it keeps +6 Atk even if you get KO'd or it wipes debuffs, and you don't have to worry about pulling EVs out of SpD for offense. Grimmsnarl is the best pick for this on account of not being threatened by any possible (special) coverage and having Prankster Light Screen, but Umbreon, Spiritomb, and Honchkrow all work as well, and the latter two even have immunities to possible physical coverage.

I would not put all my eggs in the SwagPlay basket because it is entirely possible that Mewtwo is packing Stone Edge or something, but it's also a minor victory in and of itself if Mewtwo has to run Stone Edge solely to discourage this
Grimmsnarl: Light Screen/Spirit Break/Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse

Solid pick for support or attacking, this thing doesn't care about Mewtwo's coverage and can Prankster Light Screen before bullying it with Spirit Break. If you don't want to attack you can run Fake Tears to assist special attackers or Taunt to preempt whatever Mewtwo's shenanigans are

Umbreon: Light Screen/Snarl/Helping Hand/Moonlight

Can't deal much damage but isn't too bothered by Aura Sphere and has myriad support options. Screech and Fake Tears complement physical and special attackers respectively, Mud-Slap is great for additional damage mitigation, Taunt is Taunt

Spiritomb: Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Snarl/Smokescreen

Spiritomb's claim to fame is that it can use Infliltrator to cut Mewtwo's SpA even if it sets up Mist. Its support movepool outside of that is a little lacking but it does get Taunt and Helping Hand as well

Brute Bonnet: Sunny Day/Growth/Payback/Synthesis

Sunny Day with max special bulk boosts SpD to help against coverage moves and also lets it boost +2 with Growth. Kinda gimmicky but it hits harder than some other setup Pokémon. Other support options are Pollen Puff, Taunt, and Clear Smog

Oranguru: Instruct/Light Screen/Calm Mind/Shadow Ball

Instruct is a neat gimmick to help speed along the game plan of the most competent ally. Doesn't get much else but it should mostly just Instruct. Run max physical defense instead of special to make Psystrikes manageable

Corviknight: Bulk Up/Power Trip/Screech/Roost

Other Pokémon can do its support stuff, this set is meant to set up. If you do run support with it the EVs should be Impish 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD

Hydreigon: Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Snarl/Helping Hand

Takes more than I'd like to see from Aura Sphere and Ice Beam but it's the strongest setup option, so hopefully its supporters are on point. It's a shame Iron Jugulis and Roaring Moon don't have NP and SD respectively, they'd be much better here if they did

Hatterene: Life Dew/Heal Pulse/Mystical Fire/Light Screen

Takes more than I'd like to see from Psystrike and Shadow Ball but it's the best Life Dewer in the Paldea Dex
Not gonna go into detail about legendaries and mythicals since I doubt most people will bother with them and they're pretty obvious to build. Cresselia, Zarude, Zacian-C, Moltres-G, Hoopa-U, Calyrex-Ice, Arceus-Dark are all probably good

Goodra-Hisui: Life Dew/Acid Spray/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

Life Dew and Acid Spray isn't a lot of support but it goes a long way. Tankier Life Dewer than Hatterene. EVs should be Calm 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD

Overqwil: Swords Dance/Crunch/Acid Spray/Acupressure

Strong SD user that Mewtwo can't do much to without Ground moves. No real support options though

Muk-Alola: Snarl/Mud-Slap/Acid Spray/Screech

Even tankier than Overqwil. Can't set up but has a bunch of debuffs. Also gets Taunt and Haze
I mentioned before that neutral Mew only needs 48 Spe EVS to outspeed neutral Mewtwo, though I think there's a chance Mewtwo runs a speed-hindering nature, in part so it can run a physical move without dropping another stat, in part because I could see them wanting to let uninvested Mew outspeed as part of the event's schtick

Physical: Swords Dance/Leech Life/Psych Up/Life Dew

Congrats to anyone who pulled a Bug Tera from the event. Psych Up is good if multiple people bring this because only one Mew has to set up and the others can copy them, though any support moves are fine in the latter two slots

Special: Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Acid Spray/Psych Up

Sustain is more of an issue on this set, which Dark Tera helps with since you can stick with special bulk. If multiple people bring this and set up with it, you can finish the raid much more quickly than with physical Mew

Support: Life Dew/Struggle Bug/Light Screen/Mud-Slap

If you don't like these moves you've also got Acid Spray, Helping Hand, Taunt, and Pollen Puff. Life Dew is a lock because it's a great move with low distribution, the other moves are more negotiable if you think you can trust your allies to cover them

Last edited:
Any thoughts on if reflect type might actually be a useful move on a support mew? Copy a spiritomb or similar in your party and hopefully resist everything? Maybe this move's only time to shine.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on if reflect type might actually be a useful move on a support mew? Copy a spiritomb or similar in your party and hopefully resist everything? Maybe this move's only time to shine.
It could be good in a coordinated party, but I bet with randos you will be looking at a lot of 4 Mew parties, since it gets such a big stat boost and earns a ribbon for victory.

I don't know if it's worth a moveslot but you could hypothetically Reflect Type a Bug or Dark Pokémon (Tera'd or natural) before Terastallizing your Mew in order to juice your damage output further, since you'd be Bug Tera'd Bug or Dark Tera'd Dark and would get 2x STAB instead of 1.5x

Mew has a lot of bulk and a lot of support moves, so it doesn't need much help defensively

Hey everyone, decided to get back to the game with dlc coming.
Never bothered with raids, I'm thinking of preparing for the Mewtwo one, what would be a good Pokémon to fight him and I understand that I absolutely must be level 100? What else should I consider? EV training?
Sorry I'm a Pokemon noob, I mostly beat main game and don't bother after.

Hey everyone, decided to get back to the game with dlc coming.
Never bothered with raids, I'm thinking of preparing for the Mewtwo one, what would be a good Pokémon to fight him and I understand that I absolutely must be level 100? What else should I consider? EV training?
Sorry I'm a Pokemon noob, I mostly beat main game and don't bother after.
You should definitely try to EV train and raise Pokémon to Lv. 100 if you want to do endgame raids. 5 and 6 star raids are good preparation; aside from giving you practice for how high-level raids work, they'll drop items like Bottle Caps, Exp. Candy, Tera shards, and sellable treasures, and the Pokémon you catch from them will have high levels and high IVs. The Pokémon available in the current event raids are geared towards preparing for Mewtwo, and their rewards will reflect that.

Since raid Pokémon will have a variety of types and Tera types, you'll probably want to raise up multiple Pokémon to use for raids. Mewtwo is going to be a whole other can of beans and it's hard to say which Pokémon will do well against it until it appears and we know what its moves are, so I wrote a post above about some possibilities to take it on. Popular raid picks like Iron Hands, Azumarill, and the legendary iguanas aren't going to do as well against it, so you'll want to raise something more customized. For simplicity, I would recommend a Dark-type like Grimmsnarl or Umbreon with a Dark Tera type, and I would give it maximum EVs in HP and Special Defense, as well as a Sassy Mint, which would increase Special Defense further at the cost of Speed, since neither Pokémon is going to outspeed Mewtwo anyway.

Gave it one try with randos before work but lost towards the end of the fight because one person decided it was a good idea to tera poison their Mew mid fight and died.
Nothing ever changes in this, there's always that one person on a four-person team who just wastes the other three 15 minutes of their lives because why not.

Anyway this raid is an endless snoozefest, not doing it again. No reason to go through it for a Pokémon that i already have after all.
I wish they could make these fun and engaging to play but i'm asking for too much, turtles can't fly.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, Mewtwo does not fuck around. Instant shield and CM spam

I’m so new to battling and don’t completely understand it, but looking on the seribii discord today this seems to be a viable option. Would love people’s thoughts here before I train my Mew

I’m hearing that Bug Tera type, 252 HP and SD, with light screen, struggle bug, life dew and pollen puff, holding covert cloak is the go (and team with 3 bug type attackers)?

I’m so new to battling and don’t completely understand it, but looking on the seribii discord today this seems to be a viable option. Would love people’s thoughts here before I train my Mew

I’m hearing that Bug Tera type, 252 HP and SD, with light screen, struggle bug, life dew and pollen puff, holding covert cloak is the go (and team with 3 bug type attackers)?
I just beat it with a similar build (third attempt with randoms). I think the key is you need at least one person to be running Tera bug, sword dance, and leach life for it to work.

I'd recommend misty terrain instead of pollen puff. Mewtwo uses rest when it's barrier breaks, so if you can get misty terrain up at the right time you avoid it fully healing.

Beat it on my first try. Smoothest but also longest Tera Raid I ever did. Only took about all of my LP to accomplish it.

Didn't have 50 shards of either Psychic or Bug type, so I trained a Support Mew that could just stay unterafied the whole battle to benefit from its base resistance against two of Mewtwo's three attacks. The other player's Mews seemed to be built for offense, but none of them had the right tera type either so breaking Mewtwo's shield went slow. Was for the best, though, because Ice Beam froze me just before I meant to put up terrain, so our lack of DPS afforded me three turns to thaw just in time to prevent Rest. Closest to disaster we got, the rest of the battle was the very definition of stable and controlled.

Max defense Mew took less than 5% damage from fully debuffed Mew through Light Screen. Everyone else ran Struggle Bug, too, so taking turns off to Life Dew to top people off if their Leech Life fell behind wasn't a problem.

More than anything the event reminded me how expensive, and with the scarcity of tera shards frequently impossible, team-building is in Scarlet/Violet.

Last edited:
Famitsu's preview for the DLC, contain several new screenshots.

y_64ef414993fc2.webp

I'm really digging this shot. Kitakami looks like a nice chill spot to explore and run around in. It gives me the vibes of something like Attack of the Friday Monsters or that Shin Chan game.

Paldean starters have come to Pokemon GO, which means I can now breed them into Ultra Balls.

I'm thinking I might breed a new Sprigatito to use in the DLC and build a team in Kitakami.

The lineage of my starter will live on through her children.

That's actually something I've always wanted to do with my own pets (I've had them all neutered as a responsible pet owner, don't worry).

Took out the Mewtwo raid and got it in the first attempt, seemed only fitting that I used the Master Ball on it after hoarding it for this long lol.

My friends and I arranged it so three of our Mews were attacking and the fourth was on support duties. The EV spread was something like 200 HP/252 Atk/50 Speed, so this way it gave us just enough of an edge to outspeed Mewtwo when we were all running Adamant natures (fortunately I also had enough shards to change my Mew's tera type to bug). Struggle Bug to bring Mewtwo's Sp. Atk all the way down to -6 after the CM spam, Swords Dance ourselves to max attack, and then Leech Life. Repeat as necessary when stats get reset. Only thing that I would have changed was using PP Up on Leech Life, and swap out Shell Bell for Metronome as a hold item (Support Mew was pretty good on using Life Dew frequently and making sure Misty Terrain was active that it couldn't Rest/Chesto on us; I think we all only dipped past halfway health maybe once each? Plus Mud-Slapping the accuracy to near 0 came in clutch)

First episode of the Paldean Winds animation is out. Worth a watch just to see best boy Arven. His parting statement with Ohara, “You take care of your partner” means Mabosstiff is still injured in this timeline. Huhu.

Trying to narrow down what the starters could be for future Legends games,

Now for the rumored upcoming Unova game....
We can probably cross off the Unova ones, 3 hisuian ones, and I personally think they'll try to avoid using the Paldea and Sinnoh ones (from a recency perspective)

So that leaves.... Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Totodile, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Litten, Popplio, Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble..

So if I had to guess, based on what would be fitting for the location....
Litten (New York has tons of alley cats)
Squirtle (Central Park has lots of turtle ponds)
Chespin (New York has chesnut trees)

Then for Kalos, it's easy: Snivy (based on french artwork), Piplup (Napoleon), and Torchic (Rooster is a symbol of france, plus it was a giveaway during XYs launch)

So have the new/returning Pokemon added with the DLC been added to Tera Raids? SwSh did that with its DLC updates and it was great, curious if they did the same thing.

Already got Part 2 leaks datamined from the update (new Pokémon / ability / move / item counts; implication for one of the Pokémon), lol:

EDIT: TMs too.

Last edited:
I've held off on buying this game, waiting for the memory leak to be fixed and for the game to be a little less buggy and more stable because instability in games makes me nervous that it'll crash, break, or get worse (like with a leak) the more I play. I know there have been a few patches, but if anyone wants to share their more technical impressions on this game following the DLC1 patch, that'd be amazing. I'm sure most people are jumping into the new area, so I don't expect much news on how the base game has changed. But hey, if anyone does feel like commenting, wonderful. I've already read the patch notes.

So have the new/returning Pokemon added with the DLC been added to Tera Raids? SwSh did that with its DLC updates and it was great, curious if they did the same thing.
There are raids in Kitakami, and the first one I checked was Vullaby, so yes they did include the returning Pokemon in new raids.

I've held off on buying this game, waiting for the memory leak to be fixed and for the game to be a little less buggy and more stable because instability in games makes me nervous that it'll crash, break, or get worse (like with a leak) the more I play. I know there have been a few patches, but if anyone wants to share their more technical impressions on this game following the DLC1 patch, that'd be amazing. I'm sure most people are jumping into the new area, so I don't expect much news on how the base game has changed. But hey, if anyone does feel like commenting, wonderful. I've already read the patch notes.

Seems to be the same or worse, unfortunately... really doesn't seem like they've done anything technical with this update except box loading speed.

Seems to be the same or worse, unfortunately... really doesn't seem like they've done anything technical with this update except box loading speed.
It seems like the box improvement is a very nice one, but that's a shame that the rest hasn't improved. Thanks!

Was walking around the new area for a while and started having significant slowdown, restarted game and it was running better. Memory leak is still in unfortunately.

Boxes were at least fixed.

blueberrry academy is in the unova region huh?

hmmmmm

Gives more weight to the speculation that one of the Student E4 of that academy is the grandson of B/W's Drayden.

Already got Part 2 leaks datamined from the update (new Pokémon / ability / move / item counts; implication for one of the Pokémon), lol:

EDIT: TMs too.

Just to be totally sure, 8 new species means 8 totally "new"* Pokemon at not returning ones, right?

*Including regional form, new legendaries/mythics, convergent mons

Just to be totally sure, 8 new species means 8 totally "new"* Pokemon at not returning ones, right?

*Including regional form, new legendaries/mythics, convergent mons

8 new species means 8 new Pokemon (forms not included) yes, including the four already revealed (Terapagos, Archaludon, Raging Bolt, Iron Crown). We already know every returning Pokemon catchable in the DLC from earlier datamining too though; only excluding any potential Home-only transfers.

Interesting, they changed some Pokemon abilities.

Shiftry got Wind Rider, losing Early Bird, and the Piplup line swapped Defiant for Competitive.

I can't believe they fixed box speed but not the slipshod box opening animation, where it shows your box before finishing fading into black 🤡

Played a bit more this morning since I woke up early. I'm enjoying it a lot, but I was devastated to find out Cramorant is a Scarlet exclusive.

Lots of fun little QOL improvements in menus, settings, and customization, but overall the performance is the same. Kitakami opens with a bunch of grassy areas, so maybe performance is better in later areas, but it wasn't notably better in the few rocky areas I went to so far.

Also got a fun egg given to me pretty early that hatched into a Chimchar. That prompted me to check out some of the datamined information:
Looks like a few more Mythicals were added as HOME transferrable: Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, and Shaymin.

Also we finally got those two datamined characters from the base game: Billy and O'Hare. I wasn't expecting them to be the Glitterati. They headed off to Paldea after my first encounter with them, I'll have to go hunt them down.

Last edited:
The sheer lack of code improvements after 10 months is incredible.

Their engine doesn't work and they haven't addressed anything that's wrong with it.

Cyberpunk 2077 if CDPR never did more than minor updates.

Was walking around the new area for a while and started having significant slowdown, restarted game and it was running better. Memory leak is still in unfortunately.

Boxes were at least fixed.
That's unfortunate. Thanks for the information!

Big reveal in the first 15 seconds of this DLC

Blueberry Academy is located in Unova.
Now things are getting interesting!

Are the default camera distance options new? I could have also sworn there were only two modes before, what's now medium and far. It defaulted to the close-up one for me.

Back
Top Bottom