• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet |ST| Who You Callin' Paldea, Friend?

I loved SV to death, but I really have trouble going back to games to play DLC. I finished the game a year ago, at this point I would either have to replay it to get immersed again, or I just wouldn't feel connected enough with that world anymore to enjoy the new content. Anyone else has this problem?

Liked that trailer! definitely looks like there will be a lot more going on than in Teal Mask (which was kinda underwhelming).

And yeah like others have said: the Area Zero theme is amazing.

I loved SV to death, but I really have trouble going back to games to play DLC. I finished the game a year ago, at this point I would either have to replay it to get immersed again, or I just wouldn't feel connected enough with that world anymore to enjoy the new content. Anyone else has this problem?

It helped me to wrap up the loose ends in Sc/V. I jumped back in for the insane Mewtwo Raid and finishing the base game in order to do so.

But I would say you could start the Teal Mask DLC without having to worry about "not feeling connected enough" as the whole thing is to visit a new region full of new people so I think its actually the perfect way if you are looking to jumping back in.

I hate that I just made a thread about memorable music, and that song is what they use to showcase the trailer. If you like the song more power to yah, but that was some basic stuff.

onto the actual trailer, looks good. If we are getting anymore new Pokemon they are holding em close to their chest this time around.

Shiny Lucario SH1NYBUDDY Darkrai NEWM00N1SC0M1NG

Mystery Gift Codes for Scarlet/Violet
Amazing.

The trailer for the second DLC looks good. I mean, it doesn't look good because it's Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, but it looks like it's gonna be full of content and fun stuff. I'm excited.

Trailer was decent. Looks like it may be a little more in-depth than part 1. I will say I have no clue what purpose becoming the pokemon serves lol. Seems pointless but I guess we'll wait and see.

I loved SV to death, but I really have trouble going back to games to play DLC. I finished the game a year ago, at this point I would either have to replay it to get immersed again, or I just wouldn't feel connected enough with that world anymore to enjoy the new content. Anyone else has this problem
I played Teal Mask only last month, still had a good time. I caught a new Pokemon team to play the DLC with and that had me engaged, maybe that would help you?

Hmm, that "synchronize" feature feels like maybe something they're experimenting with for a future game.

If it helps, The Teal Mask is mostly disconnected from the main story, so that might help to ease you back in.

What time is Indigo Disk dropping? I assume tomorrow at 8 or 9 PM ET?

Glad I didn't try to wrap up the Ogre Oustin' portion of the DLC before this patch. Once again, procrastinators win.

Although maintenance has not yet concluded, the new update for Pokémon Home on Nintendo Switch has already began distribution.

1702518391844-png.579382

Koko intesifies

This music is so Unova inspired, love it. Starting with a mostly new team again, but I did bring along the gifted Shiny Lucario.

DLC peeps, now that the rest has dropped, I want your thoughts: how good do you think this DLC is as a whole?

The base game was very, very flawed but I had fun with it. How do you think this one compares to SWSH's DLC? I never played it, but I wasn't too impressed with what I heard. How much content is in each part?

Last edited:
I WHITED OUT LMAOOO

Using a team I caught in the DLC, someone with a Blizzard team with an Alolan Ninetales and Frost Rotom lead just destroyed me.

DLC peeps, now that the rest has dropped, I want your thoughts: how good do you think this DLC is as a whole?

The base game was very, very flawed but I had fun with it. How do you think this one compares to SWSH's DLC? I never played it, but I wasn't too impressed with what I heard. How much content is in each part?
I certainly haven't finished Part 2 of the DLC yet, but in general:

The story of the DLC isn't quite as good as the base game, but you can only do Arven once, really.
The content is of comparable quantity and quality, with a few little extra bits.

That said, Sword and Shield had kind of ... Amazing DLC compared to the base game? Crown Tundra was probably the best bit of Pokémon gameplay up to that point, even if it was just a small taste. It's a microcosm of the open world gameplay in Arceus and ScVi. The focus on co-op with the Max Lair helped me enjoy it a LOT, too.

Sword and Shield DLC next to the base game of Sword and Shield is GREAT. Really great. But it's still Sword and Shield, it's still flawed.
ScVi DLC next to the base game is just OK- it's basically of the same quality, but that base game quality was already better, in terms of gameplay, next to Sword and Shield's DLC.

I get that Pokémon DLC has been controversial, but in both the case of SwSh and ScVi, it's hard to argue they're not worth the price of admission.

...this is ignoring the bugs, I don't wanna talk about the bugs. How did they let this DLC release in a state where the forced intro cutscene to it causes graphical glitches, everything flickering in and out of existence as it pans over the biomes. It hurts. But it's still fun.

yeah since the story directly continues from it
Understand. So I started Teal Mask and was playing with a bad party, (weak pokemon I raise to evolve) and the game forces me to battle that girl before entering the town lol
No chance to change my pokemon so had to quit, this is going so well...

PS: at least the auto save really saved me

Downloaded last night but was too late to play with work today 🥺

Would have loved to read some (spoiler free!) review impressions today, but seems like unlike part 1 there literally aren't any. Anyone knows what's the deal with that? no interest in reviewing a DLC part 2 or did reviewers really not have the chance to play till now?

Either way I am happy knowing that the early difficulty impressions seem to still be holding true (?).

Can't wait to jump in properly later today <3

After seeing the new Pokemon from the second DLC, all i can say is:

Prehistoric Paradox Pokemon > Future Paradox Mon.

The future ones look so ... dunno. Like someone said "Make them look robot and call it a day.".

This DLC seems to have a decent chunk of content outside of the main story, unlike Teal Mask. The Clubhouse area has a lot to add (and I love that kind of stuff with building up a base!)

Had a big grin on my face at the
reference to The Lion King

Pretty good so far. Went in with a shit-ton of Quick Balls, getting through them nicely.

Back
Top Bottom