• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet |ST| Who You Callin' Paldea, Friend?

The next announced mainline game takes place entirely within one city. Shouldn't be too worried, I think.

The next generation will hopefully have a new generation of hardware, and extra support and time, so I dare to have hope it'll have more attention to detail.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Usually devs carry over stuff between projects. I’m hopeful for next mainline Pokemon. If could be Sc/Vi, but waaay better!

Have a silly question that I haven't been able to find a solid answer on;

Say I unlocked two of the expanded terrarium biomes. If I hosted some friends to join me in the union room who did NOT have those same biomes unlocked in their game, could they theoretically catch those starter Pokemon for themselves?

Likewise vice versa, if they unlocked the opposite two terrarium biomes and they hosted, I could join their union circle and I run around catching the Pokemon I'm missing?

Have a silly question that I haven't been able to find a solid answer on;

Say I unlocked two of the expanded terrarium biomes. If I hosted some friends to join me in the union room who did NOT have those same biomes unlocked in their game, could they theoretically catch those starter Pokemon for themselves?

Likewise vice versa, if they unlocked the opposite two terrarium biomes and they hosted, I could join their union circle and I run around catching the Pokemon I'm missing?
That'll work, so long as they're very close to you for the pokemon to spawn in. Otherwise if they're just exploring the biome's far away from you they'll get their unexpanded terrarium spawns. So stick close to one another and they'll be able to catch em and you'll be able to catch em too.

That'll work, so long as they're very close to you for the pokemon to spawn in. Otherwise if they're just exploring the biome's far away from you they'll get their unexpanded terrarium spawns. So stick close to one another and they'll be able to catch em and you'll be able to catch em too.
Excellent, thank you for that explanation! A couple of mt friends had fallen off recently and aren't keen on grinding for those biome expansions, but if I have two right now then it should make it easier to get them to come back (and they can get the biomes I'm missing so I don't need to grind as much lol)

Excellent, thank you for that explanation! A couple of mt friends had fallen off recently and aren't keen on grinding for those biome expansions, but if I have two right now then it should make it easier to get them to come back (and they can get the biomes I'm missing so I don't need to grind as much lol)
Glad to have helped! Also fun fact is that the same trick will work in Area Zero if you connect with a friend who has another version of the game. You won't be able to see your friends down there but you sure as heck can see, and catch their version exclusives lol(Atleast I could around launch, and before the second DLC pack launched. I doubt they've fixed it though if it's even a bug)

Glad to have helped! Also fun fact is that the same trick will work in Area Zero if you connect with a friend who has another version of the game. You won't be able to see your friends down there but you sure as heck can see, and catch their version exclusives lol(Atleast I could around launch, and before the second DLC pack launched. I doubt they've fixed it though if it's even a bug)
If it's not a bug...I wonder if it means they could catch Gouging Fire/Raging Bolt in my DLC, and I could catch Iron Boulder/Iron Crown in theirs... 👀

If it's not a bug...I wonder if it means they could catch Gouging Fire/Raging Bolt in my DLC, and I could catch Iron Boulder/Iron Crown in theirs... 👀
Unfortunately (and kinda fortunately considering you'd be able to steal theirs if it worked) legendary spawns are locked to each players game. Although you can kinda see em sometimes if that persons near em they're completely un-interactable in other peoples games.

After days of trying I finally got myself Solgaleo in a Beast Ball (1.45% catch rate with Lvl. 3 Power Catch Sandwich, minimum health and paralysis), with an Impish nature and the "alert to sounds" characteristic, matching Nebby's personality. Was only really possible because I farmed 100 Beast Balls back when the Smeargle glitch was still a thing.

Now unto Lunala... I'll try to get a Nature + Characteristic combo that's not the same but conveys the same thing, like Naughty + "Impetous and Silly", but with them 1/750 odds to get a specific Nature + Characteristic I can't really be too picky. I really don't get why they disabled Synchronize this generation even for static encounters.

After days of trying I finally got myself Solgaleo in a Beast Ball (1.45% catch rate with Lvl. 3 Power Catch Sandwich, minimum health and paralysis), with an Impish nature and the "alert to sounds" characteristic, matching Nebby's personality. Was only really possible because I farmed 100 Beast Balls back when the Smeargle glitch was still a thing.

Now unto Lunala... I'll try to get a Nature + Characteristic combo that's not the same but conveys the same thing, like Naughty + "Impetous and Silly", but with them 1/750 odds to get a specific Nature + Characteristic I can't really be too picky. I really don't get why they disabled Synchronize this generation even for static encounters.
Your level of commitment is astounding. The most I've ever invested in this is back when I first played Violet and wanted an Adamant Quaxly, haha. This time around replaying the game and choosing Fuecoco, I wanted a specific nature, but just accepted a no stats changing one haahhahhah

Unfortunately (and kinda fortunately considering you'd be able to steal theirs if it worked) legendary spawns are locked to each players game. Although you can kinda see em sometimes if that persons near em they're completely un-interactable in other peoples games.
Ahh, worth a shot, just figured it'd be doable because of Walking Wake/Iron Leaves being in a raid 😋

Guess I'll just have to trade with friends, but hopefully they at least feel motivated enough to catch them so I can complete my dex lol

I think Kitakami is my favorite DLC area they have added between SwSh and SV, but it's a shame there isn't much reason to go there once you've done the questlines. I guess I wish they added some more interesting Pokemon lines there or something so I could revisit it when looking at outbreaks to shiny hunt.

It would be fun to see a Legends: Ogerpon set in Kitakami (and some surrounding areas) one day, presumably during the original Pecharunt vs Ogerpon showdown. Perhaps we would get to see what the Loyal Three originally looked like too.

Back
Top Bottom