• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by that Cosmic would be a great Typing
Many Pkmn can be changed to fit Cosmic. From the Nidoran Family, assuming they are indeed based on the Moon Rabbit (so, Poison/Cosmic), Staryu family, the obvious ones like Elgyeem family, create Stareon, etc etc.
Basically the Space type, for Mons that came from space or relates to it. Fairy/Cosmic for Clefairy, etc etc.

There are 18 types now, which is a lot. And they need a rebranding before we even get to talk about adding another. Sound, for instance, has enough justification to be a new type but it's left as a mechanic

Space and Sound types are excellent ideas, honestly. I also think it would be cool to have a type covering “artificial” Pokemon like Sigilyph and Genesect (Artifact type?). I also wonder if they can rejigger the existing types so it’s a bit more balanced. Probably won’t happen but a man can dream.

Candy, I want candy (type) maybe make it sweetness type, so many Pokemon look edible. Fidough, Alcremie, Slurpuff, Tauros... Oh wait that's meat type.

I like VTubers. Still need to check this, will in a moment, but, so it is basically no new actual Pokémon stuff? Just Gym leader? Ok goodie, I do not mind, haha.

great character design as always. The character uses boku which is a pronoun mainly used by boys. Is it confirmed it's a girl?
Girls can use boku. She has that cutesy kinda slang way of talking, like "totemo kantan = totally simple"

Well I liked the trailer but no new Pokemon is kinda oof. Sounds like there will be a follow-up soon but couldn't we just mash them together?

I'm guessing the Pokemon she was describing is going to be a new reveal.

Ha! I liked that, love to see Pokémon tackle these things that are hip so I don't have to do the research myself 😌

kidding, really feeling the vibe there! I was just playing Digimon on the Switch and this really hits that same atmosphere.

These are the things that give the Pokémon world a lot of personality.

I already do not like this gym leader. I find Vtubers kinda cringe and Iono does not seem to be an exception.

Also why was that the only reveal? The couldn’t at least show off a new electric type Pokémon? Maybe those Magnemite are a new regional variant? IDK this was such nothing of a trailer and I don’t know why they announced it beforehand.

I already do not like this gym leader. I find Vtubers kinda cringe and Iono does not seem to be an exception.

Also why was that the only reveal? The couldn’t at least show off a new electric type Pokémon? Maybe those Magnemite are a new regional variant? IDK this was such nothing of a trailer and I don’t know why they announced it beforehand.
sounds like a pawmi evolution.

and it's as she said, gotta hype up the next trailer

Don't understand why it was Japanese audio only
I expected it to be in english as well too. I guess the trailer didn't come in early enough to find time to dub

I like her design a lot. Dunno if she even counts as a VTuber in-universe though, cause she's not using an avatar, it's just her. But her design still screams VTuber vibes.

Meh reveal though outside of that, it'd been nice to show us a Pokemon right after. But I guess that was the point...

I find Vtubers kinda cringe
:(

Is she supposed to be a Vtuber? I thought she was just a regular streamer.

Also guessing her partner Pokemon is a Pawmi evolution.

I am too old for this kind of stuff. If you're into it, i hope you had fun, but i hope that the rest of the marketing will be done with regular old trailer format.

Actually it would be really funny if what we just saw is actually just her Vtuber avatar or whatever it’s called, and in game when you battle her she looks nothing like that.

Edit: Or have the battle be something like this:

Not buying the hairclip excuse. The trailer showed us a new pokemon in a regional Magnemite variant. Next stream will be the reveal of its brancing evolution or a seperate entirely new mon.

I find Vtubers kinda cringe

AT-cm%7CP2cxRY7CQ3Assm87yhQKaA-preview-480x272.jpg

TPCi fucked up lol; they shouldn't have announced this as a trailer. Either make it clear it's something else or just shadowdrop it.

On the actual thing: I'm also in the camp that thinks her companion pokemon will be revealed in the coming days.

TPCi fucked up lol; they shouldn't have announced this as a trailer. Either make it clear it's something else or just shadowdrop it.

On the actual thing: I'm also in the camp that thinks her companion pokemon will be revealed in the coming days.
agreed lol

at least last weeks trailer was an unexpected delight

...why are we calling Iono a vTuber? She's not a vTuber, she's an influencer and streamer. Like, do people forget a vTuber is an avatar used for various reasons?

Eeh… after summer trailers i was: i dont need new trailer, open world pokemon, ok, ill try. But every trailer makes the game seem lamer and lamer…how ..what…well… really bad marketing.

I embraced myself and only grew to like these things more with the time. But who knows :p

!remindmein6years

I will remind you! But according to JRPGs i'm already at my life's end, so who knows if i live to see the day.

j/k ;D

...why are we calling Iono a vTuber? She's not a vTuber, she's an influencer and streamer. Like, do people forget a vTuber is an avatar used for various reasons?
Yeah she's just herself in the flesh. Id gather people mistaken her as a VTuber because her design is that kind of vibe.

Oh hey, they used significant voice acting for this...trailer...thing. That means they're gonna put voice work in the game, right?

...they're gonna put voice work in the game, right...? 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom