• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean restricted to uniforms? the character customization now extends to faces including eyeshape, eyelashes, etc
Oh I know that :)
But on clothes specifically I mean.
I’ve seen some talk about that from the earlier leaks (before games were in the wild) and thought it was kinda disappointing coming from Sw/Sh, but maybe it was actually misleading/uncomplete information, hence my post.

Barely no new info and the starters are kept their first forms the entire trailer. Looks like I'll be diving into some leaks after all

I love how ancient Donphan looks, but from what they showed from future Donphan, don't like that one at all look-wise.

A what? The Mecha Donphan thingy?

That's a Paradox Pokemon. A ancient or future version of a current one, here Donphan.

First one is the ancient one, from Scarlet. The next one, the "mecha" one, was the future one from Violet.

Last edited:
Ancient Donphan is called "Great Tusk".

Future Donphan "Iron Treads".

So i guess this means while they're being related to a current Pokemon (Donphan) they have their own names?

there was nothing new other than the two donphan forms but it was still a sick trailer, i'm really hyped for the game

Last edited:
Ancient Donphan is called "Great Tusk".

Future Donphan "Iron Treads".

So i guess this means while they're being related to a current Pokemon (Donphan) they have their own names?
That was what the leakers have said, they're inspired by one or more existing Pokemon, but have their own names.

The suite of Pokemon seem to be similar to Ultra Beasts in that they're their own new classification of Pokemon.

EDIT: Spoilered my comment because I didn't realize I was in the non-spoiler thread, though I mostly talked around the leaks, better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Man, this is the 3rd (or 4th?) trailer that showed Mela, i hope she has a bigger role in the game than just being the first Team Star leader you beat once and then never see them again.

E:

It seems you can get a one per save/game special Charizard in a super hard raid battle that has the Dragon-type Terrathing.

E2:

Kleavor (of Arceus fame) appears to be Home exclusive? So you gotta transfer it via Home.
Might be the case for all Hisuan forms/evolutions?

Serebii buried the lede in their report of already confirmed dates for upcoming Tera Raid events: Marks are back! All throughout Sword & Shield I was worried marks might be one of those features that gets dropped after one game and never even carried forward.

Last edited:
Serebii buried the lede in their report of already confirmed dates for upcoming Tera Raid events: Marks are back! All throughout Sword & Shield I was worried marks might be one of those features that gets dropped after one game and never even carried forward.

Is this a spoiler? I don't see mention of Paradox pokemon on the offical site. So there's more of them like Donphan?

I mean ... that they are (okay, at least the first one) connected to Donphan should be clear, it looks like a more wild/savage one.

About the rest, not going to comment. If you wanna know hit me up via DM.

The website seems to confirm that Kleavor is transfer-only, so it seems like the rest of the Hisui evos will be as well. Given that they described Farigiraf as "how Girafarig evolves in Paldea," it seems like cross-gen evos are going to be region-locked from now on. What an absolute asshole move, mons like Girafarig and Stantler need those evolutions

I don't. I was fine with the mystery of the two weird looking Donphans before you dropped the Paradox moniker on the thread.

Oh ... well ... sorry then.

The website seems to confirm that Kleavor is transfer-only, so it seems like the rest of the Hisui evos will be as well. Given that they described Farigiraf as "how Girafarig evolves in Paldea," it seems like cross-gen evos are going to be region-locked from now on. What an absolute asshole move, mons like Girafarig and Stantler need those evolutions

Maybe item evolutions only? Stantler evolved via a move, so that one might be obtainable in-game. (I have no idea if Stantler is in ScarVio).

Should be the trailer?

They show a Paradox Pokemon.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm gonna buy and play SV, but I am just not excited about it at all. I'm pinning my hopes on the game being more fun than the trailers make it look. Cause I don't think it looks very good, and I'm not just talking about the visuals.

How does it confirm that? I must be missing something in the text because I can't even spot the implication on that linked page.

Oh ... well ... sorry then.

Maybe item evolutions only? Stantler evolved via a move, so that one might be obtainable in-game. (I have no idea if Stantler is in ScarVio).
Both the Hisui mons and the mons they are based on all return.

Regardless of anything, GF/TPC are the ones deciding the game mechanics and lore. If they want to pull an explanation out of their ass for the items returning, they can absolutely do that. And provided they somehow can't, they also set the precedent of reworking/streamlining evolution methods in PLA (e.g. Magneton evolving from Thunder Stone). It's just dumb.

Back to the trailer itself, I know people say that the robot Donphan thing looks kinda silly but I like it. Great Tusks and Iron Tread are really weird for Pokemon names, wonder if we're doing the code thing again

EDIT: @Sheldon Sorry I can't get the quoting thing working in edits, but I say that because at the bottom section about transfers, there's a pic of Kleavor alongside the rest of the Scyther line. It being next to a confirmed transfer-exclusive doesn't inspire confidence

Welp this thread spoiled me on what those new Donphan forms were lol. So much for me going on a media blackout

I feel not enough people are talking about WTF is going on in that Klawf clip. One of the previews mentioned that they couldn't see what happened at the third stage of the fight, so I guess that's what they were talking about

Okay, i'm really sorry for that ... i spoiler tagged the posts in question a while before.

You can get an Arc Phone skin for your Rotom Phone if you have PLA save data! Love that, the Arc Phone was super memorable for me.

Pokemon_Scarlet_Violet_Rotom_Phone_case_4.jpg

I can forgive him for the slip up, I watched some leaks earlier and only now decided I would stop watching them. So that way I see it easily happening you scramble up the info that was official vs. what what leaked. Happy that it was edited :)

I can forgive him for the slip up, I watched some leaks earlier and only now decided I would stop watching them. So that way I see it easily happening you scramble up the info that was official vs. what what leaked. Happy that it was edited :)

This is why I personally try to avoid posting in unsullied threads at all once I've read up on leaks. Can never trust myself to seperate what has been officially confirmed from what has only been hinted at, especially during long promotional campaigns and especially if speculation and fan theorizing is part of the lead-up.

Last edited:
Iron Treads > Great Tusks is the forbidden truth. Great Tusks is good but also just a caveman Donphan, Iron Treads is fucked up and weird and overall more interesting

You can get an Arc Phone skin for your Rotom Phone if you have PLA save data! Love that, the Arc Phone was super memorable for me.

Pokemon_Scarlet_Violet_Rotom_Phone_case_4.jpg

I love them!

Gonna pretend scarlet and violet are the “present world” post game of Arceus we were robbed of lol

Quoted by: Leo
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm gonna buy and play SV, but I am just not excited about it at all. I'm pinning my hopes on the game being more fun than the trailers make it look. Cause I don't think it looks very good, and I'm not just talking about the visuals.
Same. Its just kinda...eh. i hope its just really weak marketing.
I am aware that aspects of the designes/world/art irections are not jelling with me, but hte game as a game looks kinda meh.
Will probably still be my last game buy this year (except maybe 2 or 3 especially good sales, but those are not pland purchases)

It's hard for me to get hyped for this when Breath of the Wild, a Wii U game from 2017, has better visuals than this.

Kind of a moot point as Breath of the Wild is still the best looking open-world game on the Switch. But sure, it's definitely less technically impressive than most open-world Switch games.

Literally nowhere is safe from leaks apparently. Even the no leaks thread
Yep, people I'm following on twitter posting leaks non stop. This means no twitter for 10 days for me.
It's hard for me to get hyped for this when Breath of the Wild, a Wii U game from 2017, has better visuals than this.
Visuals have never been a stronger suit for Pokémon, ever. My most hyped pokémon games were visually always a generation behind.

This has always been a weird perspective to me

By this logic no games have been worthy of hype since Okami, since there's yet to be something that surpassed that visually

Weirdly I'm super hyped for Scarlet and Violet. Feels like a more well put-together gen than the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom