• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sure, when that lady plays, she gets murdered by a single mon
but when I play, the game is super easy
Typical false advertisement

Doggo joining Gengar and Drifloon on the murderer ghost type squad, you love to see it
225.jpg

hmmm, detecting bias

Dunno if the dog is murderous exactly, more like just taking energy. Not quite on Litwick levels

If the evo is good, definitely catching one and calling it Polterpup

Wow, did Tim Burton join the Pokémon design team? This is literally out of one of his movies.

Super cute but I imagine the evo will be legit terrifying. Something out of Bloodborne instead of Nightmare before Christmas...

Poor thing, loves being with people but drains their life without intention ...

Also, i'm going to nickname mine "Muttley".

man, they need to do a proper haunted house in these games at some point. they came close a couple of times, but they were so limited (like the house in XY and the supermarket in SM)

Haha, makes me think of my little niece and how she manages to suck the lifeforce out of me. Dog, child. It's all the same! Hope the girl survived though... This seems like a Pokémon that has no evo to me, but it would be very cool if this was a 3-stage like stoutland.

Haha, makes me think of my little niece and how she manages to suck the lifeforce out of me. Dog, child. It's all the same! Hope the girl survived though... This seems like a Pokémon that has no evo to me, but it would be very cool if this was a 3-stage like stoutland.

Huh. The design screams two stages to me.

While i read the leak stuff, i actually can't remember if Ghostley is a 3 or 2 stage mon, but it definitely evolves.

My take, it's a 2 stager, base form is a take on a memorial candle you put on a grave, evolution will be the whole grave/gravestone.

Is Litwick not confirmed for this game? It'd be fun to have an area that has Greavard buried near Litwick. I hope the life drain passive is an overworld thing it can do to the player.

Assuming this'll drop Pickup for a unique ability once it evolves.

Is Litwick not confirmed for this game? It'd be fun to have an area that has Greavard buried near Litwick. I hope the life drain passive is an overworld thing it can do to the player.

Tbh I’m surprised it doesn’t already have a life draining ability :p

Based on the description on the website I could see it gaining Strong Jaw as ability.

"It has powerful jaws that can shatter bones—a single bite from Greavard can be grievous!"

I LOVE the idea of a candle-topped fluffy dog that buries itself into the ground and pretends to be graveyard ornament

Why did someone superglue a Litwick to this very good boy

I might use him on my team. Please don't evolve into Ghost/Fire, we've had enough of those

Most people expect it to evolve into some gravestone themed mon, so either it stays mono-type or it gets additional rock typing.

The mutt becoming a ghost/dark type would be interesting.

I don't think the life draining will have an overworld effect but it would sure be an innovative survival mechanic, forget snowy landscapes and scorching deserts we have ghost sucking out your soul, take that!

Candle Terra Type Pup from Luigi's Mansion is instantly the pokemon whose evolution I'm most excited to see in-game. Get in the back of the line, starter mons!

Is “Greavard” some kind of mashup word? Is there a dog pun in there that I’m missing? I absolutely love that adorable little thing but I’m not so sure about its name yet.

Is “Greavard” some kind of mashup word? Is there a dog pun in there that I’m missing? I absolutely love that adorable little thing but I’m not so sure about its name yet.
It might be Grief/Grieve + Graveyard + Saint Bernard? At least that's what I heard proposed elsewhere

also, Iono seems to be really popular

Based on the video Greavard already has the murder part covered

I get the feeling Magcargo is being left out again... the only Switch game you can have him is BDSP which I don't like and don't own. I guess my shiny guy in Home is gonna have to wait even longer to leave

Very likely Graveyard+St Bernard. Fit with it's name in other languages. In German it's Gruff (Gruft/tomb + wuff/woof) and in Japanese it's Bochi (Bochi/Graveyard+Pochi/Most Common Dog Name in Japan)

So, from the new Pokémon that have already been revealed (100% subject to change), this is the 4 Pokémon core I'm thinking for my story run:

• Sprigatito
  • Cetitan
  • Grafaiai
  • Greavard

So, from the new Pokémon that have already been revealed (100% subject to change), this is the 4 Pokémon core I'm thinking for my story run:

• Sprigatito
  • Cetitan
  • Grafaiai
  • Greavard
I like Greavard and Cetitan, but I don't like that they're monotypes. I hope that Greavard's evolution adds a type, and if so I might use it, but it seems like this might be a good gen for ghost mons so there'll be a lot to choose from!

I like Greavard and Cetitan, but I don't like that they're monotypes. I hope that Greavard's evolution adds a type, and if so I might use it, but it seems like this might be a good gen for ghost mons so there'll be a lot to choose from!
Why couldn’t Greavard be Ghost/Normal or something?

Greavard cute but I don't like having single type Pokés in my team. My ghost one probably will be Ceruledge. Sprigatito and Ceruledge currently are only pokés locked for my Violet team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom