• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon need a new art director...
The art direction doesn't fit the game and GF's capabilities at all...

And this is come from who have no problem with the graphic of the past game at all...

Everyone already dooming and glooming as if Game Freak just didn't drop the best Pokemon game ever made last month.

JfBfaoh.png

I wish we could go back 2009 tbh

Its a mistake to not give 4 years between gens like they do it for gen 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5.

They will regret it later.

Also, its very likely it will not feature as many ideas from Arceus as we hoped.

Pokémon Doomed.
Gen I ('96 to '99) and Gen II ('99 to '02) were three years.

Gen III & IV are the only four years gens.

But yes I agree I'd prefer if they took longer to make each game better than they currently do. They've obviously struggled with maintaing quality while putting out three year gens in the new 3D and now HD era.

Now that I've composed myself a little, it does seem like a little too soon. But it looks like they are using PLA mechanics in a modern setting, which is what I want as the next step for the franchise. I'm extremely happy as I didn't expect anything regarding gen 9 today. 2022 is shaping up to be an incredible year for games.

switch's 2022 is absolutely insane. but i'm afraid this coming this year will make nintendo more likely to delay botw 2 😢

If this means no BoTW 2 this year I'm gonna be very mad

First thing i thought after this announcement: breath of the wild 2 is not 2022
Pokemon has always operated on its own schedule, it means literally nothing in terms of BotW 2.

Nintendo can't delay Pokemon to make room for BotW 2, it's not their decision.

Interesting how the game titles return to colours, where the last time it happened was back in Generation 5. Although, it's nice that purple is kind of represented this time, though it still follows the red/blue pattern that past games tend to be.

Thank you for reading.

Scarlet and Violet, they are running out of ideas for names. Way too soon imo though boy is 2022 shaping up to be a batshit insane year for the Switch. Game graphically looks rough. Starter trio may be the ugliest they've ever created. Looks to be based on Spain/Iberia, as long-rumored.

But it looks like they're building off Arceus with the open-world, so hallelujah for that at least.

"Well, Arceus was a step on the right direction and this seems like is continuing that path, I just hope they give this Gen enough time to polish everything".

"Coming Late 2022".

Ah, FFS.

Jesus Mary Joseph this looks unbelievable

I was disappointed cause I really wanted Arceus DLC, but this looks like it's going to be even better than Arceus. Look at those screenshots, the areas are so open and seem more designed and lush than Arceus. This looks like a dream omg

I also love all three starters to bits, i legit don't know which one to choose and the last time that happened was probably gen 3

I adore this art style and vibe

Sunny vacation paradise is too perfect for Pokemon

Last Gen had like some Cheap CG for the starter reveals. Now we just get some pictures of them to get to the point lol.

Wonder if they’ll keep being tight lip on info like the Legends and Gen 8.

I'm not going to doubt this game will be amazing after Legends; but they really need to avoid making trailers when the current game is this rough.

The player characters designs are telling me they're going for a more mature aesthetic this time, I like it

The starters look pretty different styles from each other. Maybe they could have done like they did with Gen V and got a different designer for each one. The last couple gens were done by Ohmura if I remember correctly

This is def. the most ambitious Pokemon game yet just looking at the trailer.
Arceus really was just an appetizer for Gen 9 - Damn.

Man I could not disagree more with some of the negative takes in here lol

Did y'all play Arceus?

game looks gorgeous, especially the isle delfino area. the legacy of let's go continues. are we thinking the region is inspired by Spain?

The starters are cute

The player characters are ugly like omg

The visuals are terrible.

There’s zero indication of gameplay style

I can get past bad graphics, but it’s gonna have to be PLA: Tropical Paradise for me or I’m out like I was with swsh

But yeah 2022 is the first year since 2004 (Fire Red/Leaf Green & Emerald) with two main series Pokémon games. Pretty insane.

Starters look nice. Protagonists look like dorks but at least I can buy new clothes for them

Let me guess. That fire starter is gonna be a horse, water will be an albatross and grass one will be a massive cougar. But that fire thing looks more like a chili pepper…

I honestly would not have minded if Gamefreak took the rest of the year off and delivered us generation 9 next year, but hey, it's already looking better than Sword and Shield at least. Not that that's a high bar to clear...

Other thoughts:
  • Nintendo is determined to define 2022 as the year of overkill. Holy shit a mainline Pokemon on top of everything else they have coming up.
  • On a cursory glance it's taking the things I like from Legend. I like the aesthetic of the areas shown; the plaza with the type symbols looked rad. Is this supposed to be Pokemon Spain? Please educate my uncultured self. Now the question is how they marry that with the traditional mainline gameplay.
  • I actually rather like the names. The logo designs are a bit too plain, though.
  • After liking none of the gen 8 starters (first generation I benched a starter for my first run), I'm happy that the new starters have fun, derpy designs. That fire lizard man, giving me happy Totodile vibes. The grass cat and duck with the 'do are excellent too.
  • On the other hand, those protagonist designs are dreadful. Look at the posh schoolboy from some 90s cartoon.
  • Eww Stonjourner

Those starters are really 3 for fucking 3, outstanding. Grass Kitten is my least favorite being pretty straight forward, but I have a feeling the evolutions will get more creative

As someone who didn't have much issue with Legends: Arceus's graphics, these look... bad. I do like the Fire dino.

Also, this region's Pokédex is filled with Pokémon found in Hisui/Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom