• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pikmin 4 — Pre-release Discussion (UPDATE: "Your First Expedition with Pikmin" trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember time limits in Atelier and Pikmin? D:

You're already playing a real-time strategy game and efficient resource utilization is key. And so is time management but here we are. Still getting the game tho.
Atelier, Pikmin and Dead Rising. At least Marie is getting a remake.

The part of being time efficient is one of the main reasons I like the idea of a day limit, making sure that every day was spent with good progress, I think it also helps the pacing of the game which is one of my main criticisms with 2.

People on twitter really do be criticizing this game for "lacking a time limit" thinking the entire day time system is gone when (a) that was already in pikmin 2 because (b) it is only in caves

as for the day limit, pikmin 3 basically already did away with that

Is it really going up in 20 minutes? Will someone tell me if that's a lie

frakes-jonathan-youre-right.gif

Do we know yet if the demo save data transfers to the main game? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I'm guessing it doesn't.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but is it safe to assume that piano theme that starts around 0:40 is the main theme of Pikmin 4? Or maybe the theme of the area around your ship? Whatever it is, I love it. It's so soothing.

nooo, I kicked off the download via web as I finished up a run in Road 96, but didn't have enough free space so now I have to wait D:

Do we know yet if the demo save data transfers to the main game? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I'm guessing it doesn't.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but is it safe to assume that piano theme that starts around 0:40 is the main theme of Pikmin 4? Or maybe the theme of the area around your ship? Whatever it is, I love it. It's so soothing.
FzwOg2RXoAMW7UA

Intro to the demo already has me super confused about the story lmao. Is this set after 3? At first it almost seemed like it was set after 1. (I only just played 1 and 2, and have only seen a synopsis of 3).

I love that motion is used to fine tune after whistling! Feels very natural.

EDIT: camera controls too! You can basically easily pan out to the old style if you wish

Intro to the demo already has me super confused about the story lmao. Is this set after 3? At first it almost seemed like it was set after 1. (I only just played 1 and 2, and have only seen a synopsis of 3).
Same lol, seems a bit retconny or like olimar just has Groundhog Day

Last edited:
Oh dang. I didn’t finish exploring before finishing a story beat in the intro on accident.

Heads up - when you can first fight, hold off as it will point of no return.

I love that motion is used to fine tune after whistling! Feels very natural.

Same lol, seems a bit retconny or like olimar just has Groundhog Day
Oh Nintendo, never change.

"How does this fit in with the past games?"

"It kind of does, if you squint hard enough."

Like, the beginning sort of seems like a Pikmin 1 recap and the SS Dolphin is here, but then the pup comes into play. Very curious.

Switch Pro who? This is gorgeous.

Playing this is honestly a bigger mindfuck for me than totk. 10 years fami, we made it. And pikmin grew up a bit along the way :)

Just as the Switch makes the Wii U game pad look like a toy, so has koptech advanced (tablet is a boring name tho)

Hehe the software version on it is 20.0.1 (2001)

Last edited:
Just finished the demo. Oh yeah, this is that good shit. Penciling in 87+ MC, it's so charming, gorgeous, detailed, mechanically compelling, and a great evolution of this series.

This demo was absolutely incredible. Meaty, polished, got my hype levels at maximum. I need this like, yesterday.

Just got to 1500 sparklium, not quite finished the demo.

Basically, all concerns vanished. As long as some difficulty is in here, this is going to be exceptional. The new camera angle makes the game feel new, but it's still unquestionably pikmin.

Anyone know if you can get that doll treasure in the water in that one cave without blues? I'm in there with red, yellow and ice right now.

only complaint is how long the tutorial stuff is, other than that this is Pikmin 2 but better (as some one who like Pikmin 2 a lot this is a good thing)

this looks really good, if they are using unreal it might be the first game using the engine that doesnt look blurry af in portable mode

Last edited:
Downloading the demo now. Excited for this release. After Pikmin 3 DX, I had suggested a hub world, crafting, numerous captains, significantly more content, caves returning, night exploration with ‘nuclear Pikmin’ and the goal of night time expeditions was to harvest a nuclear like energy supply.

Oh dang. I didn’t finish exploring before finishing a story beat in the intro on accident.

Heads up - when you can first fight, hold off as it will point of no return.
I don't think I've run into any point of no return - are you sure you just don't have the ability to return yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom