• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there such a thing as too much variety? In the game I'm working on there are 9 different status effects which render a character unable to act. 17 status effects overall.

Is there such a thing as too much variety? In the game I'm working on there are 9 different status effects which render a character unable to act. 17 status effects overall.
How easy are the incapacitating status effects to clear? Are the other ones interesting in unique ways?

I voted for Chambara in the poll, which got a big boost in excitement for me after the dual wielding mode was revealed yesterday.

197ffed1d81f87b5d7a0d21e27c789d7.gif

This wario theme lol

How easy are the incapacitating status effects to clear? Are the other ones interesting in unique ways?
Well let's see:

• Asleep- clears after being damaged or awaken spell or rest
  • Paralyzed- cleared after rest/time or cure ailment spell
  • Frozen- cleared after thaw spell, does cold damage over time
  • Electrocuted- clears after the next turn or two, does some electrical damage
  • Unconscious- cleared by getting health above 0 in any way
  • Dead- cleared by revive spell or healing at a temple
  • Stone- cleared by stone to flesh spell, no longer takes any damage
  • Vaporized- can only be cleared by going to a temple, or maybe a very high level healing spell, haven't decided
I forgot, the 9th is just confused so not exactly unable to act but unable for the player to control them (which is what I've been programming at the moment).

Sending best wishes to all our autistic members this Autism Acceptance Week.

I can only speak for myself on this but I really appreciate this being such an inclusive and positive space for me as an autistic adult. You're all awesome.

having whatever the opposite of nostalgia is for Teen Titans makes this well-thought-out and beautifully constructed OT by @EvilChameleon read like a tuning fork to the bridge of the nose

on second thought, maybe it’s the ฬคгเ๏

(good job @EvilChameleon!)

Sending best wishes to all our autistic members this Autism Acceptance Week.

I can only speak for myself on this but I really appreciate this being such an inclusive and positive space for me as an autistic adult. You're all awesome.
Same here

in honor of our new 𝖜𝖆𝖍verlord, I’m recommending playing this video at 0.25x speed — a revision to my plan from the other thread

Try to look at something purple after looking at Famiboards for a while.

that “saving myself 4 golf” option really makes me do a hmm face

Hope everyone is ready for their fave second rate villain to suffer many painful deaths as you try to escape Nazarick

We have a release date

Hey are we still shitting on Activision?
Because if so

I feel like this has been much more common lately. Unfortunately been seen a lot of places do this long ago. My old job got rid of it long ago and started getting rid of masks.

My current job doesn’t care and masks are optional.

A bunch of places at the malls near me where my cousins work barely care about masks at that.

wait…

wouldn’t it be Launch Timing Update For ST6 Sequel?

Since I've been off recovering from wisdom teeth removal I decided to make a goal to play through a little of every SNES game in the online service. It truly is a great catalogue for the most part. So far my fave game from the collection that I hadn't played before is Demon's Crest.

Since I've been off recovering from wisdom teeth removal I decided to make a goal to play through a little of every SNES game in the online service. It truly is a great catalogue for the most part. So far my fave game from the collection that I hadn't played before is Demon's Crest.

NSO was the first time I played Demon's Crest. Definitely a gem!

I feel like this has been much more common lately. Unfortunately been seen a lot of places do this long ago. My old job got rid of it long ago and started getting rid of masks.

My current job doesn’t care and masks are optional.

A bunch of places at the malls near me where my cousins work barely care about masks at that.
Ew.

I live in a place that had signs on the doors of most businesses with various versions of "NO MASKS BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN FREEDOM 🇺🇲🇺🇲🦅🦅" but the places that were corporate owned actually did require masks and vaccines.

I guess I'm just so used to it being a black and white issue that I'm surprised to see a company that was doing one thing shift to another. But sounds like everyone's shifting so uh...

oh well

Game of the year accolades are too amusing to me. Throughout the year you see the same people claim they don’t care about these and then they happen, leading to those same folks throwing fits or bragging about wins lol.

I actually enjoy end of the year voting for stuff like games and the Oscars. I like reviewing the past year and discovering stuff I missed or just discussing these topics in general.

At the same time, I don't cry when my favorite game doesn't win. I don't have a meltdown and say "game X was robbed". There is room for everyone to have fun without going into hysteria.

My two cents.

Fun fact: The person that designed the Wario makeover for Famiboards is dead due to excessive eye bleeding after looking at the new design for too long.
I did it with my eyes closed
Wario wouldn't let me take any breaks

I actually enjoy end of the year voting for stuff like games and the Oscars. I like reviewing the past year and discovering stuff I missed or just discussing these topics in general.

At the same time, I don't cry when my favorite game doesn't win. I don't have a meltdown and say "game X was robbed". There is room for everyone to have fun without going into hysteria.

My two cents.
I agree. There's a lot of movies/shows that I wouldn't have noticed I'd it hadn't been for the big awards shows shining a light on them. For that reason I kiiiinda wish TGA were a bit more indie-leaning but either way, like you said it's nice to have a sort of reflection of the year.

Raising Arizona is a little gem of a throwback comedy, really glad I finally got around to watching it. Going on a Nic Cage spree before The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent comes out this month.

Great job on ST @EvilChameleon and praise be for Dark Mode being restored!!! WarioBoards is hilarious but my poor eyes can't take it after midnight lmao

now that Nintendo cancelled E3 I'm afraid they're just going to limit themselves to releasing games without announcing more the rest of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom