• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First obligatory post about the publisher treating awfully their devs: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/culture/tt-games-devs-describe-crunch-abuse-while-making-lego-games

And when it comes to performance the game has already leaked due to French retailers (and maybe in other countries) selling the game early and it seems like it has great performance in handheld at least (haven’t seen people talk about docked) of course it’s not going to be like the next gen or pc version graphics wise but it seems to be better than other Lego ports (and other ports in general)

Ouch, thanks for reminding me about the TT Games culture... That's really sad 🤦‍♂️

Personally speaking I'm not too sad about E3 this year even though it's going to be annoying to try to keep up with the month long Summer Keighleys… which is why I won’t bother.

Wario has no power in the Abyss
oZPYFyw.jpg

yakuza isn’t anime

bazoinkey
I just want to say real quick that last night my SO and I finished re-watching the absolute masterpiece that is the 2001 Japanese legal drama HERO (it is genuinely incredible) and I have to tell you, no fooling: Yakuza is so J-Drama that I'm shocked they have not made a Yakuza J-Drama yet

Personally speaking I'm not too sad about E3 this year even though it's going to be annoying to try to keep up with the month long Summer Keighleys… which is why I won’t bother.
I really like Keighley but the problem with Summer Games Fest is that no company cares about it. So why should we?

I just want to say real quick that last night my SO and I finished re-watching the absolute masterpiece that is the 2001 Japanese legal drama HERO (it is genuinely incredible) and I have to tell you, no fooling: Yakuza is so J-Drama that I'm shocked they have not made a Yakuza J-Drama yet
Have you seen the movie based on the first game?

MV5BMzQwNjMyMzctODg5Ni00YTJkLTg0NTQtZWI4MDcxYzY3MTRiL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

I haven't (don't really have any interest in it), but it's just so weird that it exists lol

I have changed back to the Wario theme for a bit, just because I was curious if it really is as gloriously vomit inducing as I remember.

It really is!

Have you seen the movie based on the first game?

MV5BMzQwNjMyMzctODg5Ni00YTJkLTg0NTQtZWI4MDcxYzY3MTRiL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

I haven't (don't really have any interest in it), but it's just so weird that it exists lol

yeah it's weird and i kinda like it but it's VERY weird

Get like 10 oreos and take all the cream out. Fill the oreos with toothpaste instead. Bring them to work and hand em out

As someone who works from home I fear the joke here would be on myself

Can't believe Famiboards has more themes than the Switch.

Make a good case for Switch having so few themes. If there were more, there's a possibility Nintendo could make an ugly Wario theme and that's not a risk worth taking.

EDITED BY WARIO: WARIO CONSTANTLY TELLS NINTENDO TO MAKE WARIO THEME FOR SWITCH. BUT THEY REFUSE SO WARIO BUYS FAMIBOARDS TO MAKE A THEME INSTEAD. WAH!

Is it true that Street Fighter 2 and its updates helped the SNES beat the Genesis?
Nah, in North America and Japan Nintendo brand is already strong so SNES success was kind of guaranteed. Street Fighter had little effect on that as it was later ported to Genesis.

In Europe, however, it's a different story. Nintendo pretty much ignored the mainland Europe during SNES years and that gave Sega a massive opportunity. It's the only region Mega Drive beat SNES sales.

Nah, in North America and Japan Nintendo brand is already strong so SNES success was kind of guaranteed. Street Fighter had little effect on that as it was later ported to Genesis.

In Europe, however, it's a different story. Nintendo pretty much ignored the mainland Europe during SNES years and that gave Sega a massive opportunity. It's the only region Mega Drive beat SNES sales.
The Master System also outsold the NES in Europe and Latin America.

Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by ignoring the European and Latin American markets.

I think SF2 helped. The SNES port of vanilla SF2 sold 6.3 million units, and Turbo sold 4.1 million units, while the Genesis port of Special Championship Edition only sold 1.65 million units.

Last edited:
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

it's april fools, anyone got any good jokes
A drifter walks into a bank and tells the teller he’d like to open an account. The teller asks how he makes his income, and the drifter replies “I make bets.”
The teller is skeptical so he calls over the banking manager. The bank manager brings the drifter into his office.
“So you earn a living making bets?” Asks the bank manager.
“Yes, that’s right,” says the drifter. “How about this? I’ll bet you $20 right now I can bite my eyeball?”
The manager is incredulous at the proposal and agrees. The drifter pops out his glass eye and bites it.
“Okay,” says the manager, handing over a twenty. “But something like that only works once.”
The drifter raises his eyebrow. “Oh? How about $100 that says I can bite my elbow? Not like I can pop my elbow off!”
The manager, with some hesitation, agrees to the bet. The drifter removes his dentures, and bites his elbow with them.
The manager reluctantly hands over $100. “Okay,” he says, “You’ve got me twice now, but I still can’t believe that these tricks are a stable enough income to meet our requirements.”
“Oh yeah?” Says the drifter. “Then let’s get serious.” He grabs a waste basket and sets it ten feet away from the manager’s desk. “I’ll bet you $10,000 I can stand on top of your desk, and urinate directly into that waste basket, and not spill so much as a drop on the floor in between.”
The bank manager knows this can’t possibly work, and that $10,000 is a lot of money. But he’s cautious from having been tricked twice.
“No loopholes or tricks,” he says at last. “I will be calling in my lawyer to make sure everything is on the level.”
“Fine by me,” says the drifter.
The lawyer arrives sometime later, and sits down next to the bank manager. The drifter stands on top of the desk, pulls down his pants, and begins, but does not make it to the waste basket. Instead, he actually urinates wildly around the office, hitting the carpet, couch, desk, and basically everything but the waste basket.
The bank manager laughs, gets up, and applauds, saying “Yes! I knew you couldn’t do it! I just made $10,000!”
“Congratulations,” says the drifter, who is also smiling, but is now looking to the lawyer. The manager, confused, looks over to his lawyer, who has a livid expression.
“What’s the matter?” Asks the manager. “I just won $10,000!”
The lawyer, with the most sour expression imaginable on his face, pulls out his checkbook and says, “What’s the matter? This man bet me $50,000 that he could piss all over your office, and that you would be ecstatic about it!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom