• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How wierd is it that we've heard nothing about Sonic Origins since its unveling almost...jeez, last May?
DimDiscreteKob-max-1mb.gif

How wierd is it that we've heard nothing about Sonic Origins since its unveling almost...jeez, last May?
I would say that is for the best considering the teams recent output, I’m being generous, but the band aid will have to be ripped off eventually. I would hope they are using this time to put together a well thought out trailer with exciting gameplay & teasing mechanics while introducing a story that isn’t like someone was baked when making it. That and a long demonstration plus practicing their answers but my expectations are pretty low.

not really that weird

games are announced, then they’re worked on some more, and then there’s a concentrated marketing push when it’s time

The more I read into the Gran Tourismo game. I more I can’t believe how messed up it is.

If this is the GAAS route. I can’t imagine how the other games will be any better. Fractions probably gonna be filled with Microtransactions. The original game had some.

I dread the day Nintendo heads there. If ever While I still have this hobby.

I would hope they are using this time to put together a well thought out trailer with exciting gameplay & teasing mechanics while introducing a story that isn’t like someone was baked when making it.
It's just Sonic 1-3k and CD. There's no new story, gameplay, or mechanics. But they're upgrading all the games to 16:9 and I think adding some minor stuff like spin-dash to Sonic 1 and stuff like that.

Stuff like that can break a game for me to the point I just don't play it anymore.
Yeah it honestly sucks.

I was enjoying the game before that (it's definitely very flawed, not some sort of Doom-level masterpiece but still) but now I'm sort of eh on it. It's fine and I think I can just walk away and come back to it and beat it and have a more positive impression, but it's definitely been the case where stuff like that happening just permanently ruins a game for me and it sucks :/

Is this the only case of a collection of retro games having a year long marketing cycle? Like Capcom or Square-Enix announce their collections/rereleases a few months before release.

It's just Sonic 1-3k and CD. There's no new story, gameplay, or mechanics. But they're upgrading all the games to 16:9 and I think adding some minor stuff like spin-dash to Sonic 1 and stuff like that.
Speaking of this: does anyone know if they’re adding the extra stage/boss from the iOS version of Sonic 2?

The more I read into the Gran Tourismo game. I more I can’t believe how messed up it is.

If this is the GAAS route. I can’t imagine how the other games will be any better. Fractions probably gonna be filled with Microtransactions. The original game had some.

I dread the day Nintendo heads there. If ever While I still have this hobby.

Prices for gear and swag in Splatoon 3 change depending on how fresh the real world items are!

They could start adding Saturn games after they're done with MD/Genesis. Lots of Saturn games were lost in time, perfect opportunity to bring them back. (Especially Shining Force III. Golden Sun fans need to play this)
if SEGA didn't figure out Saturn/Dreamcast emulation by now (or better saying, didn't want to invest on M2 to do that for them, because I'm sure they're able to), it's not on a subscription service with a low annual fee, that they probably recieve a very small cut, will be the place and moment it'll materialize..

Much like Nintendo with GameCube games and onwards, I feel SEGA would keep those for potential remakes and remasters anyway..

I threw the idea of Master System and TurboGrafx, because those sound like cheap licenses to get.

Speaking of this: does anyone know if they’re adding the extra stage/boss from the iOS version of Sonic 2?
That's the Christian Whitehead version of Sonic 2, and it has been speculated that we might be getting his versions of Sonic 1, 2, and CD, with 3&K being rebuilt in Whitehead's engine for porting, but we don't know yet. Only clue is that Sega said the games will all be in 16:9, which was one of the defining features of the Whitehead versions. We'll see, though.

I hate myself for thinking this, but I can't help but wonder if this is Switch Pro related. With the Arkham games coming, especially Knight which has a level of detail the current Switch couldn't handle to save i's life, and that game we don't talk about, I can't help but wonder if something is coming.

Could Soul Hackers 2 for Switch be revealed alongside a Switch Pro blowout? Probably not tbh lol.
I doubt it, nothing in Soul Hackers 2 seems like it's pushing the limits in terms of graphics and detail. Personally I think it's just Atlus trying to capitalize on the Persona fanbase on the Playstation as well as testing the Xbox waters with an all-new MegaTen series that has little connection with both mainline SMT and Persona. Hell, for all we know Soul Hackers 2 could have begun development envisioned as the Xbox MegaTen series like Persona for PS and SMT for Nintendo, but then Atlus got cold feet and decided to make it multiplat in case the Xbox crowd didn't warm up to it.

I doubt it, nothing in Soul Hackers 2 seems like it's pushing the limits in terms of graphics and detail. Personally I think it's just Atlus trying to capitalize on the Persona fanbase on the Playstation as well as testing the Xbox waters with an all-new MegaTen series that has little connection with both mainline SMT and Persona. Hell, for all we know Soul Hackers 2 could have begun development envisioned as the Xbox MegaTen series like Persona for PS and SMT for Nintendo, but then Atlus got cold feet and decided to make it multiplat in case the Xbox crowd didn't warm up to it.

If anything I'd bet it was PlayStation and PC only first until Microsoft incentivized them, or just a result of Microsoft and Sega's close relationship these days.

Apparently the wii eshop channel is down. I don't think Nintendo's social media accounts said anything about this so I'm wondering if its similar to what happened last year to the DSI eshop.

you could have told me soul hackers 2 was originally a vita game now coming to pc/consoles and i would have believed you. there's nothing about that game that makes it seem like it couldn't run on the current switch and needs switch pro or whatever.

I have been collecting DS/3DS games and decided to start Hotel Dusk, hour-ish in and it is a very unique game. Sadly Cing is gone. But with MAGES doing Detective Club, maybe we will get unique first party games

Even then judging how they have handled other back catalogue Sonic games I’ll remain skeptical they can even do that.

you could have told me soul hackers 2 was originally a vita game now coming to pc/consoles and i would have believed you. there's nothing about that game that makes it seem like it couldn't run on the current switch and needs switch pro or whatever.

I honestly totally fail to see the appeal of this game and why Atlus seems to make a big deal out of it. It seems cheap and uninspired, like "hey, people seem to like persona, Let's try to do something like that and also use some assets from Smt5".

But I'm probably too old for this.

I know I've really been neglecting my General Discussion Fami lately, so I'm quickly dropping by to say hi.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Happy and peaceable Sunday to you all.

New tracks made me realise I never did Mirror or 200cc in 8DX, because I'd already done that in the Wii U version... but now it's been long enough that I'm tempted to make the effort.

Most likely another moneyhat from Sony.

Same reason why we still don't have Symphony of the Night on a Nintendo console.

Same reason why we still don't have Symphony of the Night on a Nintendo console.
doesn't seem like anything they'd moneyhat, plus it's coming to xbox and pc day 1. this is just atlus being atlus. the sotn port not coming to other platforms is because iirc it's just the psp collection running in sony's own PSP emulator for ps4, konami can't really use that to bring the game to other platforms.

@mazi

Which is the best Picross game on Switch?
Want a new play-a-few-minutes-in-bed-before-zzz-game and I never actually played a Picross game.
Not sure I could pick one myself but something I've recently noticed...

(When S7 was announced I was near the end of S5 so every night for last few weeks I've been paying catch up and now nearing the end of S7.)

...majority of the images are actually the same in each subsequent game. I assume the puzzle associated with the image changed so its not all bad but does feel a bit odd to me.

Also Picross 3D 3 when?!

Did we ever have a "mouthful mode your avatar" thread? I'd like to see mine if possible.

Nah, it's already coming to Xbox, there's no exclusivity over it. It's what everyone else said: It's gonna be a late port. Atlus loves doing that.

SH2 is either a late port, or it will come to Nintendo consoles the same day mainline Persona will.

The fact that it looks more like TMS in terms of overall vibe rather than, well, Soul Hackers, only adds to the hilarity.

Finally got around to playing my first Switch Online emulated game after falling off A Link to the Past... for the 5th time or so.

Paper Mario is great fun. The writing feels so perfectly outdated, it's great. The battle system is as much of a classic I remember it being and the paper "gimmick" is as cool today as it was back then. I hope I'll be able to play Thousand Year Door one day.... and the amount of fun I'm having is almost pushing me towards playing Origami King, even though I fell off Color Splash and Sticker Star.

It's funny, because from what we've seen of Soul Hackers 2 it looks like it would be a better fit for Switch than SMTV. SH2 looks much more linear versus SMTV's huge open areas.

Love SMTV but fuck is the pop-in atrocious.

It's funny, because from what we've seen of Soul Hackers 2 it looks like it would be a better fit for Switch than SMTV. SH2 looks much more linear versus SMTV's huge open areas.

Love SMTV but fuck is the pop-in atrocious.
No to mention it's done by the Tokyo Mirage Sessions Team. They worked closely with IntSys. Most likely same thing happened with 13 Sentinels and Catherine. They didn't get enough funding for day & date Switch release.

@mazi

Which is the best Picross game on Switch?
Want a new play-a-few-minutes-in-bed-before-zzz-game and I never actually played a Picross game.
just pick any of them between s4 to s7. they have the same amount of puzzles and modes. s6 is a bit on the challenging side, if you like that.

I’m in the weird I want a new picross but I kinda want to wait for a sale feel(specially since I want the Overlord one)

If the Vita (or a successor) was still a viable option I'm sure Soul Hackers 2 would have been there.
I honestly totally fail to see the appeal of this game and why Atlus seems to make a big deal out of it. It seems cheap and uninspired, like "hey, people seem to like persona, Let's try to do something like that and also use some assets from Smt5".

But I'm probably too old for this.
It kind of scratches that "Adult Persona" that some fans have been clamoring for. I wouldn't say it looks cheap and uninspired, but I am interested in how the modern Persona fanbase accepts it if it verves more towards Soul Hackers then Persona outside of combat.

The first Splatoon 2 Global testfire was in March (4 months before the game released), are we expecting it again this early with Splatoon 3? Or is it something more like Splatoon 3 Direct in early May and "global testfire is available now!" thing?

the new year in iran started. tomorrow is 1/1/1401 (1/1/1).

would have been a good day to release silksong 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom