• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wound up in grind mode on the windmill city skirmish map in Valkyria Chronicles, so now Scouts and lancers are at 20, Trooper is at 18 (Engineer and Sniper are still at 11. Still have 30842 exp left) guessing I’m probably good to go on chapter 17(and probably 18) now tho? But I’m calling it a night for today so that’ll have to wait for tomorrow
googles definition of Yandere

So last JRPG I played was Future Connected and Melia is the lead character…sooooooo
Fiora was never seen again XD

The battle preparation music in Triangle Strategy is great, nearly rivals Three Houses in the “why does this track go so hard” category. Great pump up tune.

Which one has the strongest romance and/or would cause the most damage? That’s the fun of this what if(tho in theory it’s whoever is in your party the longest I guess? I haven’t played it)
The one who has the strongest canon romance is an NPC, and the one who'd do the most damage is basically family to the Hero.

So uh... >.>

😅

Count me as another that had no clue I could redeem my Nintendo points from physical switch games. But the vast majority of my physical library is over a year old so I’m crying

the female lead in the last Jrpg you played is now a Yandere, how does it effect the story?
Well, if Princess Sarah was really just as wild as Jack Garland is, she probably would be joining him on his quest to KILL CHAOS.

But seriously, considering how much Stranger of Paradise builds upon FF1 as it is, to say that Sarah's role as possibly being fully aware/down with Garland and the gang's overall plan would be...interesting to say the least.

First time I'm playing Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode, during the intro I thought "hey this isn't that bad"... then I got into Gormott Plain. Goddamn this is really pushing it at times. Looking back it's funny that Nintendo was ok with it in the first year of their shiny new console.

Little bit of news. I am planning to make a call to my doctor for an appointment to see something done about my headaches. Hopefully something good can come from it

The medicine that they gave me previously doesn’t seem to be working as it should. I sometimes wonder why I bother taking it

how bizarre is it that there was no formal ‘announcement’ for Hogwarts coming to Switch? As a publisher, who would randomly drop that info on their website instead of advertising “hey, we added this gigantic 100M+ platform to our plans!”

Seems so odd

First time I'm playing Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode, during the intro I thought "hey this isn't that bad"... then I got into Gormott Plain. Goddamn this is really pushing it at times. Looking back it's funny that Nintendo was ok with it in the first year of their shiny new console.
They were still okay with Xenoblade Chronicles HD.. seems like monolith isn't interested in handheld mode at all.

Last edited:
The YouTube algorithm is weird again.

This is golden!

Edit: as a Dutch person I know Jerry Springer and Judge Judy, but goddamn there is like a whole American genre of TV dedicated to people fighting each other in front of audiences. Just fucking wow.... Yes I know most of it is probably staged, but still I'm a bit wtf??? lol

Last edited:
The YouTube algorithm is weird again.

This is golden!

Edit: as a Dutch person I know Jerry Springer and Judge Judy, but goddamn there is like a whole American genre of TV dedicated to people fighting each other in front of audiences. Just fucking wow.... Yes I know most of it is probably staged, but still I'm a bit wtf??? lol

These shows are very popular, especially among the stay at home crowd. It's basically the TV that airs when everyone is at work. TV networks aren't going to show their primetime stuff when most people are at work so talk shows and court shows (or reruns of those shows) get a lot of air time during the day.

All in all I’m very pleased with how the DLC courses turned out. They’re all crazy fun in multiplayer at higher speeds, even the simpler tracks.

The poll and Kyle Bowman's last episode made me think: is Waddle Dee actually a character? Like there are obviously many of them, but is it like Yoshi where the one that helps Kirby is always the same Waddle Dee? Or is it like saying your favorite character is a Goomba

And then that made me think... is it even the same Yoshi that always hangs out with Mario? I mean, at the very least the one from Yoshi's Island is different. Plus you can change its color in Mario Kart, are those all different Yoshis or just palette swaps? Now I'm scared and don't know what to think

the original Nintendo fanboy

FOODZv-RXMAYKHk4.jpg

The poll and Kyle Bowman's last episode made me think: is Waddle Dee actually a character? Like there are obviously many of them, but is it like Yoshi where the one that helps Kirby is always the same Waddle Dee? Or is it like saying your favorite character is a Goomba
What if my favorite character is Goomba..?

And then that made me think... is it even the same Yoshi that always hangs out with Mario? I mean, at the very least the one from Yoshi's Island is different. Plus you can change its color in Mario Kart, are those all different Yoshis or just palette swaps? Now I'm scared and don't know what to think
The one that helps Kirby almost always is an 'unique' Waddle Dee , Bandana Waddle Dee. There is also another Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 that helps Kirby but outside of this game only Bandana Waddle Dee is a Kirby ally iirc

It's like the Toads. There's a "Toad" and other specific Toad characters, but Toad is also a species. Bandana Waddle Dee, the Sailor Waddle Dee from Revenge of Meta Knight, the Kirby 64 Waddle Dee, those are specific Waddle Dees, but Waddle Dee is also a species.

Isn't it fun how Waddle Dees are both the Goomba and the Toad of their franchise?

The one that helps Kirby almost always is an 'unique' Waddle Dee , Bandana Waddle Dee. There is also another Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 that helps Kirby but outside of this game only Bandana Waddle Dee is a Kirby ally iirc
I think the Waddle Dee from 64 is Bandana, much like how one Waddle Dee from the Halberd in Meta Knight's Revenge in SS/SSU is also Bandana (and this one is because in Guest Star Allies, Bandana's last picture in the credits is of that expecific Waddle Dee in the Halberd).

Do you guys think that in the future we will get more systems added to NSO and the Expansion Pak?

I could see:

NSO:
Gameboy/Color

Expansion Pak:
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Gamecube

I could imagine Nintendo DS, but it would be tricky, where in handheld the screen might be squished, and the bottom half is touch friendly, and then TV mode would have a curser or something that you can control with the right control stick. But then I forget, the Switch doesn't have a microphone, so there goes my DS plans :p

Do you guys think that in the future we will get more systems added to NSO and the Expansion Pak?

I could see:

NSO:
Gameboy/Color

Expansion Pak:
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Gamecube

I could imagine Nintendo DS, but it would be tricky, where in handheld the screen might be squished, and the bottom half is touch friendly, and then TV mode would have a curser or something that you can control with the right control stick. But then I forget, the Switch doesn't have a microphone, so there goes my DS plans :p
They could add some kind of feature in the NSO mobile app to utilize your phone’s microphone for DS games…but that would be kind of awkward and I doubt it’s likely to happen, unfortunately. But the same could work for N64 and GCN games that have microphone support, too…though, if Nintendo was planning on having support for that, you’d think that the NSO N64 controller would have had a built-in microphone for Hey You, Pikachu!, but it unfortunately does not. (RIP ever getting Hey You, Pikachu! rereleased, I guess…)

I'm ready for Spider-Man 2. Take out the forced stealth sections with MJ and Miles and add in a bit more to do in the open-world and you've got a recipe for a near-perfect game IMO.

I don't think Nintendo add any further systems to the base tier. Any more consoles - GB/GBC included - come in the more expensive parts of the sub.

I think it could work. Offer options for screen layouts including having the screens side by side in handheld mode, or blow up the top screen and have a much smaller bottom screen in the corner or something (I think the Megaman ZX games on the Legacy Collection do this?). Touch screen can be handled as you said.

Plus, don't forget, NSO is a curated lineup of games, not an all-purpose emulation service. There's going to be games that don't really play nice and they... either get some form of modification to make them work or if that's not possible/feasible, they're just not on the service.

After working about 60 hours a week the past month (the pandemic isn’t over despite what people want you to believe), I am going to just watch basketball all weekend and play some Mario Kart. Go Zags!

Sending a shout out to anyone else in healthcare or public health. Thanks for all the work over the last couple years.

I could see:

NSO:
Gameboy/Color

Expansion Pak:
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Gamecube

Everyone is assuming GameCube will come at some point, but I can't see that with the lack of analogue triggers. Yes, they'd make a special controller. Yes, there is already the means to use a proper GameCube controller. But requiring either would add a barrier to using the service that the other consoles just don't have.

I don't think any home consoles beyond the N64 will be covered on NSO;

maybe we'll get SEGA Master System and TurboGrafx-16, but Nintendo systems? handheld only at best.

Valkyria Chronicles grinding done, all classes are level 20. Old jrpg habit kicked in. Need to take a break and work on something real quick but should finally beat this today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom