• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The opening scroll for Alien Soldier is... really something else huh? I was not expecting this...

If you told me the story had been created via AI Dungeon I'd believe you lol.

Also... kinda embarrassed I never knew about this game before now... it is awesome. Fake gamer confirmed.

I don't think any home consoles beyond the N64 will be covered on NSO;

maybe we'll get SEGA Master System and TurboGrafx-16, but Nintendo systems? handheld only at best.
They could start adding Saturn games after they're done with MD/Genesis. Lots of Saturn games were lost in time, perfect opportunity to bring them back. (Especially Shining Force III. Golden Sun fans need to play this)

https://personacentral.com/smt-v-shigeo-komori-interview/

The “SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI” series boasts a strong fanbase both in Japan and abroad. To further expand the series IP going forward, we hope to continue delivering a variety of titles to a wider range of players, both by releasing new titles and through the revival of past hits. Our greatest fulfillment comes from knowing that players all around the world will enjoy playing the “SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI” titles we put out. Our entire team will step up our efforts to achieve this.
Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Summoner : Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army Remake babyyyyy

Welp, second Wii U toasted. First one got straight up bricked an now the gamepad keep losing contact with the console time and time again, like there's some kind of lag in the connection circuit. I spend a lot of time and money to track it down in 2020, not to mention repurchasing some games for it.

Fucking fantastic .. Favorite console ever, and I really wanted to own an authentic, working one, even though a lot of the games are found elsewhere.

Sigh. Spent the day just panic dumping everything to Cemu. Will need a 64GB SD card for Xenoblade X though..

I'm surprised Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are still not on Switch. Seems like an easy layup for Sega. They could fill in the release schedule which has been weirdly dormant for the Sonic franchise. We have Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces in 2017 and not a whole lot since then. There used to be a glut of Sonic games between consoles and handhelds. But now when the series crawling back up in popularity due to the movie, Sega doesn't have anything to really capitalize on it outside of Sonic 1, 2, and 3 popping up here and there. If I were them, I would have put ported the HD versions of the Sonic Adventure games to modern systems at the very least.

https://personacentral.com/smt-v-shigeo-komori-interview/

Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Summoner : Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army Remake babyyyyy
DDS remasters too, pretty please. Turn the Switch into a true 3DS successor

Welp, second Wii U toasted. First one got straight up bricked an now the gamepad keep losing contact with the console time and time again, like there's some kind of lag in the connection circuit. I spend a lot of time and money to track it down in 2020, not to mention repurchasing some games for it.

Fucking fantastic .. Favorite console ever, and I really wanted to own an authentic, working one, even though a lot of the games are found elsewhere.

Sigh. Spent the day just panic dumping everything to Cemu. Will need a 64GB SD card for Xenoblade X though..
I like the Wii U quite a bit, and I'm not getting rid of my library any time soon, but the thing has so many potential failure points that one can't just say no to more Wii U ports

And it'll be Steam/PS5/Xbox SX only!

Just kidding. Switch will get it a year later, after everyone forgot about the game.
The quote coming from the director of SMTV, I'm sure they are also planning future releases on Switch and/or Drake from day one.
I'm very disappointed with the situation of Soul Hackers 2 but I think it's an unique situation and they will learn from their mistake for the future

If Microsoft decided it was worthwhile to cut a deal with Spike Chunsoft to get Danganronpa, the AI games, and the Nonary Games I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to get in with Atlus.

Catherine Full Body, Nocturne HD, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 3 Whatever Version would be big Game Pass gets, and I'm sure they'd love to get their hands on 5 Royal and SMTV too.

DDS remasters too, pretty please. Turn the Switch into a true 3DS successor
Both DDS games on one cartridge on Switch makes so much sense. Like, really. I would be absolutely in heaven. Those games are really meant to be played portable I feel.

The quote coming from the director of SMTV, I'm sure they are also planning future releases on Switch and/or Drake from day one.
I'm very disappointed with the situation of Soul Hackers 2 but I think it's an unique situation and they will learn from their mistake for the future
There's got to be a legit reason for Switch snub for Soul Hackers 2. Could be that they started the game on PS4 while planning a Switch port later and that Switch port delayed and they didn't want to kill double dip sales by announcing it early. Or maybe Nagoshi started to meddle with Atlus' decisions before he left. We haven't had Sega late port announcements for Switch yet, maybe we will in the far future.

the female lead in the last Jrpg you played is now a Yandere, how does it effect the story?
Well, that'd be Paper Mario 64, as far as female lead goes, would that be Peach or one of the party members like Bombette? Either was this game just became a lot weirder.

There's got to be a legit reason for Switch snub for Soul Hackers 2. Could be that they started the game on PS4 while planning a Switch port later and that Switch port delayed and they didn't want to kill double dip sales by announcing it early. Or maybe Nagoshi started to meddle with Atlus' decisions before he left. We haven't had Sega late port announcements for Switch yet, maybe we will in the far future.
I know they are only the western publisher, but Demon Slayer is a Sega game outside of Japan.

I know they are only the western publisher, but Demon Slayer is a Sega game outside of Japan.
Yeah. Port is most likely decided AND funded by CyberConnect2 alone. Sega only did the publishing. CC2 has been a great Switch supporter, Demon Slayer is their second Switch release this year.

I'm surprised Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are still not on Switch. Seems like an easy layup for Sega. They could fill in the release schedule which has been weirdly dormant for the Sonic franchise. We have Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces in 2017 and not a whole lot since then. There used to be a glut of Sonic games between consoles and handhelds. But now when the series crawling back up in popularity due to the movie, Sega doesn't have anything to really capitalize on it outside of Sonic 1, 2, and 3 popping up here and there. If I were them, I would have put ported the HD versions of the Sonic Adventure games to modern systems at the very least.
Yeah, that is actually pretty surprising now that I think of it.

It's also weird that NSO+ has Sonic 2 and not Sonic 1. Like, I'm sure they'll all be on there eventually. But, just, why.

Sega makes some strange decisions. (To say nothing of Atlus...)

Yeah, that is actually pretty surprising now that I think of it.

It's also weird that NSO+ has Sonic 2 and not Sonic 1. Like, I'm sure they'll all be on there eventually. But, just, why.

Sega makes some strange decisions. (To say nothing of Atlus...)
For real. It's stunning. Maybe they don't want to canibalize sales of the SEGA Megadrivce Collection on Switch, but Sonic 1 should've been a given. Streets of Rage 1 too.

And when Atlus is concerned, I don't feel SEGA is in control of them at all lol.

Please describe the level in an abstract way so we can guess what game it actually is

(yes I'm probably more invested in this mystery than I should be lol)
you have to fight a stampede in a limited narrow space, then fight 5 waves of enemies directly after that, with limited resupplies.

the amount of enemies you fight is probably near a thousand.

If I had to guess, I'd say the answer is the upcoming Sonic Origins. Sonic 2 was probably them throwing NSO a bone (because how do you have Genesis without Sonic?) but they likely want to keep demand up for the Origins release. Especially since they're going to the trouble of natively porting each game (instead of emulating) with extra features. They probably want all eyes on that when it lands, rather than being split by Sonic 1,2, and 3 also being on NSO.
(it's also possible that they can't put 3 on NSO because of the infamous music dispute)

Last edited:
you have to fight a stampede in a limited narrow space, then fight 5 waves of enemies directly after that, with limited resupplies.

the amount of enemies you fight is probably near a thousand.
I read 'stampede' and was like "ah, The Lion King", but the waves of enemies after that doesn't really make sense. So, Bayonetta maybe?

These and the other HD games they released like NIGHTS into Dreams and Crazy Taxi I fully expected to have reached Switch by now.

Sonic 2 is on NSO first because it has two player mode while Sonic 1 doesn't and they want to promote it's online multiplayer. Why hasn't 1 come yet? Who knows but I'd be surprised if it didn't come eventually.

Haha, I don't think I'll be able to guess so please tell me 😁
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter

Specifically, the level Metropolis. I was enjoying the game before that despite some very big flaws, but wow... that level is awful. Terrible, terrible game design on display there.

Yeah. Port is most likely decided AND funded by CyberConnect2 alone. Sega only did the publishing. CC2 has been a great Switch supporter, Demon Slayer is their second Switch release this year.
as fast as the port is coming, I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex decided on the port

VGC is back and it's just making me more excited for SV. they made great strides in making competitive watchable with SS

Kirby is the 8th best seller on the US eshop a week before it's release. Good sign that the game is gonna be pretty popular!

A list of games I'd very much like updates on, plz and thx.

Sonic Frontiers
Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake
Marvel's Midnight Suns
River City Girls 2
RWBY Arrowfell
Neon White
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
ROM Neurodiver

If Microsoft decided it was worthwhile to cut a deal with Spike Chunsoft to get Danganronpa, the AI games, and the Nonary Games I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to get in with Atlus.

Catherine Full Body, Nocturne HD, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 3 Whatever Version would be big Game Pass gets, and I'm sure they'd love to get their hands on 5 Royal and SMTV too.
Yeah. They have to be consistent in order to build the audience. Its great that the order titles are on gp, but will the audience be there when a new game arrives but not on gp? I guess the first one would be AI, will see how that one does.

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter

Specifically, the level Metropolis. I was enjoying the game before that despite some very big flaws, but wow... that level is awful. Terrible, terrible game design on display there.
Stuff like that can break a game for me to the point I just don't play it anymore.

Yeah. They have to be consistent in order to build the audience. Its great that the order titles are on gp, but will the audience be there when a new game arrives but not on gp? I guess the first one would be AI, will see how that one does.

That's what I wonder too. How many played Nier Automata on Game Pass and then didn't buy Replicant because it wasn't part of the service. Same with the Yakuza games when Like a Dragon and the Judgement games came along.

A list of games I'd very much like updates on, plz and thx.

Sonic Frontiers
Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake
Marvel's Midnight Suns
River City Girls 2
RWBY Arrowfell
Neon White
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
ROM Neurodiver
Seriously, there have been lots of announced Switch games that have disappeared from the face of the earth. I wanna know more about these games and I wanna know the whereabouts of these ports too:

Outer Wilds
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Lara Croft Temple of Osiris & Guardian of Light
Wreckfest
Life is Strange Remastered
Parkasaurus
Shadowrun Trilogy
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Metal Slug Tactics

as fast as the port is coming, I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex decided on the port
I'd be, Aniplex is owned by Sony. I have no doubt it's CC2's doing, those people even convinced Namco, who had hesitations, to port .hack// to Switch somehow.

That's what I wonder too. How many played Nier Automata on Game Pass and then didn't buy Replicant because it wasn't part of the service. Same with the Yakuza games when Like a Dragon and the Judgement games came along.
Like a Dragon is interesting cause it was at launch for the series x\s and it did not chart in the NPD for Xbox games. I forgot replicant came to xbox 😅

Aniplex supporting Switch will always be funny to me lol . Even Sony supports Switch more than some 3rd Party JP studios 😭

I'd be, Aniplex is owned by Sony. I have no doubt it's CC2's doing, those people even convinced Namco, who had hesitations, to port .hack// to Switch somehow.
Aniplex being owned by sony has no bearing. they support Switch more than they support Playstation

sooooo how much do y’all value concepts like strategy in Pokémon-like games

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Homework is done Time for some food then I’m hunkering down while finishing the last 2 chapters of Valkyria Chronicles! Which I probably can’t super multitask during 😦

Catherine: Full Body and the upcoming 13 Sentinels are both late ports to the Switch so I wouldn't be surprised if Soul Hackers 2 gets ported later on. After the success of SMTV though I would be surprised if Komori and his team skip the Switch for any of their future games and I feel that Nintendo will do whatever they can to have their systems be the de facto home of mainline SMT.

Catherine: Full Body and the upcoming 13 Sentinels are both late ports to the Switch so I wouldn't be surprised if Soul Hackers 2 gets ported later on. After the success of SMTV though I would be surprised if Komori and his team skip the Switch for any of their future games and I feel that Nintendo will do whatever they can to have their systems be the de facto home of mainline SMT.
Atlus is a company that their decisions make little sense run by another company which decisions make little sense (even if Sega has improved a lot in the last 5/6 years) , I love both Sega and Atlus but I prefer to not expect anything from them

I hate myself for thinking this, but I can't help but wonder if this is Switch Pro related. With the Arkham games coming, especially Knight which has a level of detail the current Switch couldn't handle to save i's life, and that game we don't talk about, I can't help but wonder if something is coming.

Could Soul Hackers 2 for Switch be revealed alongside a Switch Pro blowout? Probably not tbh lol.

I heard discussing games is illegal 'round these parts.

That being the case...is The Gaslight Anthem a recognizable band name to anyone else? They just archived all their IG and FB posts, and their only visible posts/website is currently a blank reddish brown.

I just want to fangirl so hard and need to know I'm not alone whether it's an impending tour announcement for the ten year anniversary of Handwritten or is about to kick off a whole new album. In my desperation of trying to hunt through the source code of the website, I see an acronym but I doubt it's nothing more than some html code
I don't know them very well but I'm always excited when artists I like prep for a release cycle this way

If I had to guess, I'd say the answer is the upcoming Sonic Origins. Sonic 2 was probably them throwing NSO a bone (because how do you have Genesis without Sonic?) but they likely want to keep demand up for the Origins release. Especially since they're going to the trouble of natively porting each game (instead of emulating) with extra features. They probably want all eyes on that when it lands, rather than being split by Sonic 1,2, and 3 also being on NSO.
(it's also possible that they can't put 3 on NSO because of the infamous music dispute)
How wierd is it that we've heard nothing about Sonic Origins since its unveling almost...jeez, last May?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom