• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my partner tried it out during a sleepover on the weekend, and we were laughing our heads off as we kept eating each other, accidentally piggybacking on each other, stealing each other's eggs, etc, ended up with her riding on my back irl as I galloped around her apartment with both of us making Yoshi noises lmao. I swear, we're both such massive dorks, and I love it.
Incredibly wholesome, thank you for that delicious piece of fluff.

Well that’s Valkyria chronicles 1 off the backlog after 3 years. Was a fun ride but glad I finally ended it XD. Now time to do some 3D modeling then deciding what I want to work on next
Was that Giant Tank chapter the part that made you drop it for a bit like me? lol

As someone who likes the tactical gameplay of both fire emblem and, most recently triangle strategy, woild Valkyria be worth checking out ?
Different person here, but it's not quite the same. Not grid based, and there are a few "real time" elements to it. But it's a great game and often on sale for really cheap, so I would recommend it regardless

Was that Giant Tank chapter the part that made you drop it for a bit like me? lol
Chapter 17 with the super armored tank. Turns out I was super underleveled so it really did a number on my srpg indecision anxiety
As someone who likes the tactical gameplay of both fire emblem and, most recently triangle strategy, woild Valkyria be worth checking out ?
It’s a SRPG but rather than being macro you go micro selecting a unit with a limited number of orders, it goes third person as you move then you aim the actual attack and your map data is all relative to the line of sight of your units. Codename steam used it’s gameplay style if you ever played that one, though this has general classes shared by large number of characters rather than being a small squad of uniques. It’s a pretty unique experience, definitely worth a go and it’s on sale quite often. It also has a gang of characters that are skies of Arcadia references

4 Days!

3vo.gif

It’s very different from those games. Everytime you move a unit you enter a third person perspective and you kind of play it like a shooter. I’d suggest getting the game on sale if you’re interested in trying it out.

OK so we have a Mario Kart-themed stage in Smash Bros. but when are we getting a Smash Bros-themed Track in Mario Kart?

looks like platinum is going to be busy developing content for babylon's fall for a while. seems like a waste of dev time but oh well, i guess they have contractual obligations.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 sold decently, it hit 1 million sales in 2020 and I'm sure it wasn't the highest budget sega game. I can see them working on a fifth entry.

looks like platinum is going to be busy developing content for babylon's fall for a while. seems like a waste of dev time but oh well, i guess they have contractual obligations.

Feels kinda sad that they have to put out a statement like this

Will Kirby have anything remotely related to challenge this time?

That is my only concern. We still gonna get it for my boys but I wonder if I'll enjoy it. Demo was really fun and gorgeous. But I do need some kind of a challenge because with for example Odyssey every single thing to do in the world was fun, this didn't have that feel. This needs something more.

Will Kirby have anything remotely related to challenge this time?

That is my only concern. We still gonna get it for my boys but I wonder if I'll enjoy it. Demo was really fun and gorgeous. But I do need some kind of a challenge because with for example Odyssey every single thing to do in the world was fun, this didn't have that feel. This needs something more.

Just like every Kirby game the challenging stuff will be in the last 10ish% and the post-game.

Kind of want to jump into the Rune Factory series with Rune Factory 5 ... but the 'too many games' challenge of this year is a sick joke!

Kirby comes out like right after it :ROFLMAO:

On one hand I’m glad Square supports even their unpopular service games well. Like if you buy a premium Square game, you don’t have to worry about them abandoning it. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered for example didn’t set the world on fire, but the servers still work today which I appreciate because while it’s definitely an older game, it’s still a lot of fun! On the other hand, in this particular instance, they probably should cut their losses.

Incidentally, I was playing Chocobo GP today. Another service game I’m glad they are supporting because it’s super fun. I do think they really botched the battle pass though. I’m not against its existence because I don’t care enough, but I’m not quite halfway to level 30 and you need to be level 60 to unlock Cloud. I’m somewhere in the top 5,000 players on the leaderboard which only tracks the XP you’ve gotten. Basically no one has Cloud unless they paid for him is where I’m going with this. As good as the game is, I’m not sure why they thought people would want to make a kart racer a second job for brief windows. I did the math, provided you score first place for roughly 120 races online (no guarantee there) and sticker selection goes your way (which is completely out of your control) in the 60 day window you’ll get Cloud. That’s a lot of racing!

Kind of want to jump into the Rune Factory series with Rune Factory 5 ... but the 'too many games' challenge of this year is a sick joke!
As a massive Rune Factory fan… I say get Kirby first, because down the line RF5 will get a discount. I’m planning to do that, but I’m kind of considering buying RF5 full price to throw in my support for the series. Hmmm.

How is the Maddening difficulty in Three Houses? I did the Blue Lions and Golden Deer routes and the game wasn't that complicated on Hard. Some challenges could be interesting but I also don't want to get frustrated lol.
I wasn't sure about Three Hopes when it was announced, but the cast of Three Houses is so lovely. I just wished It wasn't another classic musou game but more something a la P5 Strikers.

Triangle Strategy is so good and yet it always makes me fall to sleep. Im 5 Hours in and i just play it before sleep (because the other time i still have to play elden ring) and its so dialogue heavy.... I mean dont get me wrong i love the character and the story is still slowly building up but i see how it could become really epic. Yet i cant help but wish that it would have a bit less dialogue and more combat.
To the guys who already played it will it get a bit less dialogue heavy in the later parts of the game?

Because of that i also ended up buying GTA Trilogy on sale last night. Specially GTA 3 is a game with so many memories for me. And booting it up last night was really special... most game from my past i do play every few years (mostly nintendo games) so they rarely really hit me hard with this feeling of being a kid again as i know them so well.
GTA 3 on the other hand i didnt play since its release on PC back in the days and just driving around and listening to the radio makes me really happy :D and the patches really seemed to help a lot. Right now i cant complain about the performance or look of the game.

Triangle Strategy is so good and yet it always makes me fall to sleep. Im 5 Hours in and i just play it before sleep (because the other time i still have to play elden ring) and its so dialogue heavy.... I mean dont get me wrong i love the character and the story is still slowly building up but i see how it could become really epic. Yet i cant help but wish that it would have a bit less dialogue and more combat.
To the guys who already played it will it get a bit less dialogue heavy in the later parts of the game?

Because of that i also ended up buying GTA Trilogy on sale last night. Specially GTA 3 is a game with so many memories for me. And booting it up last night was really special... most game from my past i do play every few years (mostly nintendo games) so they rarely really hit me hard with this feeling of being a kid again as i know them so well.
GTA 3 on the other hand i didnt play since its release on PC back in the days and just driving around and listening to the radio makes me really happy :D and the patches really seemed to help a lot. Right now i cant complain about the performance or look of the game.
No, if anything it gets more dialogue heavy.

The Mario Kart DLC has been a huge blow on my plans of moving forward with my backlog.
It's led to me doing Mirror Mode and maybe 200cc mode, which I did do on Wii U but not on Switch. That's led to me dropping F Zero X for now.

Stupid Mario Kart killing off F Zero.

I've been thinking... The new Tekken Netflix show could be an opportunity to launch something to tie-in, and possibly could go with the Tekken Memorial copyright we heard about in the past;

@Derachi I am considering getting back into action figure collecting. Mainly Star Wars ones. I’ve gotten a few but was mainly into Funko,pops for a long while.

Looking at my old stuff makes me miss that some. I did get my first transformer in years last year, a cool one of Galvatron.
Can't speak to Star Wars, it's not my avenue, but for me, the gold standard of action figures (of the 1/12 or 6 inch variety) would be Bandai's S.H. Figuarts line. You (USUALLY) cannot go wrong with them. However like most high end collectibles, they're not easy to get and can be quite expensive.

I think it depends. I am in my second playthrough, so in my first play through there were sections or chapters that were short on dialogue and the battle took more time. I will say I got really invested in the story and it flew by.

The Mario Kart DLC has been a huge blow on my plans of moving forward with my backlog.
No kidding. I’ve been trying to finish off Octopath’s side stories and attempt the super boss so I can get to finishing NEO TWEWY starting Shin Megami Tensei V starting Triangle Strategy. Looks like that’s not happening now until after Kirby at this point. And then Switch Sports hits and probably another MK8 DLC wave after that.

This year I swear. I’m starting to long for the software droughts of the Wii U days ☹️

I think it depends. I am in my second playthrough, so in my first play through there were sections or chapters that were short on dialogue and the battle took more time. I will say I got really invested in the story and it flew by.
Thats kinda still my hope that the story gets so epic and good that i dont care about to much dialogue anymore. Right now all the characters are cool but not much is really happening yet. Just world building ofc.

seems like a good month for weird 7/10 games, my favorite kind

Ghostwire Tokyo’s reviews aren’t bad per say, but it doesn’t help given the game is launching when Elden Ring is at peak hype and on the same day as a new Borderlands.

I assume everyone else is also kicking their backlog to the kirb and supporting the newest release by small indie developer HAL Laboratory published by garage pub Nintendo?
i will be putting Horizon aside for a while (I think I've been playing it wrong - 30hrs in and not particularly far into the game afaik haha) to play through the indie darling Kirby for sure...

I assume everyone else is also kicking their backlog to the kirb and supporting the newest release by small indie developer HAL Laboratory published by garage pub Nintendo?

Kinda sorta, I want to play it while I travel for the next month. It's one of those games that's super relaxing and definitely doesn't need a walkthrough/guide

How did the Outer Worlds port end up? I know it was poor at first but then they started patching it, is it in a worth while state now to pick up?

I just added OlliOlli World to my backlog-but-not-really so Kirby will have to wait
until my GF finishes the copy I'm getting for her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom