• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need all the Tactics.

Still not done with Triangle Strategy, but I reached the final chapter. Will tackle that tomorrow.

Apparently Ubisoft is preparing a huge showcase of their titles, +20 Possible announcements including Mario+Rabbids 2 (article says that its still on track for a 2022 release).

It says that they are showing Prince of Persia SoT remake and a new PoP that is a 2.5D game, hopefully that comes to Switch.

In addition, a sequel of Inmortals is on development, another potential titles aimed for a Nintendo HW.
Is the Mario + Rabbids info actually new or he’s just going off the past announcement release?

how long is triangle strategy to complete? 30 hours? Finished the demo and loved it but am also planning on getting kirby and I do badly with playing more than one game at a time D:
might wait on one of them

As much as I'm enjoying Triangle Strategy, I'm gonna need that Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster rumor to be true.
Kinda insane to think that Square would've been developing 3 tactical RPGs (4? not sure if Front Mission counts) at the same time if the rumor ends up being true lol.

As much as I'm enjoying Triangle Strategy, I'm gonna need that Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster rumor to be true.
Yep me too. Tactics Ogre too. I like Triangle Strategy but dang that's some boring story. I'm gonna throw up if I get one more of those "Neighbor nations are at each others throat and it's up to a band of yunguns to make things right" storylines...

Kinda insane to think that Square would've been developing 3 tactical RPGs (4? not sure if Front Mission counts) at the same time if the rumor ends up being true lol.

There's already the PSP version as well as a port of that to mobile devices. I'm sure a port of Tactics into modern systems isn't that much of an effort.

Yep me too. Tactics Ogre too. I like Triangle Strategy but dang that's some boring story. I'm gonna throw up if I get one more of those "Neighbor nations are at each others throat and it's up to a band of yunguns to make things right" storylines...

Triangle Strategy's story has been fine so far but I think the acting and character interactions carry it through. While I wish the side characters were more integrated into the plot, the core house members play an active role in the cutscenes throughout. FFT has a more epic storyline no doubt but character's become basically non-existent once they join Ramza's party. "I shall join your army Ramza but after this day, I shall never speak again!". The main thing I'm missing from FFT is the job system. I still don't think any has matched the quality and flexibility of FFT's job system.

If Kirby inhaled BoxBoy would the world end as a result of the two cancelling out?
Square_Kirby.png

I disagree with it having a boring story. While the setting is not unique, the tales of actual consequences of warring nations are refreshing. There is no right way of solving the situation and no country is free of sin. It gives a human approach to solving the situation within a fantasy world.

Apparently Ubisoft is preparing a huge showcase of their titles, +20 Possible announcements including Mario+Rabbids 2 (article says that its still on track for a 2022 release).

It says that they are showing Prince of Persia SoT remake and a new PoP that is a 2.5D game, hopefully that comes to Switch.

In addition, a sequel of Inmortals is on development, another potential titles aimed for a Nintendo HW.
Just want a new Rayman.

Would you recommend getting RF5 over RF4? I was thinking of just getting the latter because it looks like it runs better and it's visuals are much more appealing to me
Unfortunately I haven’t played RF5 yet so I can’t comment on it, but RF4 (and RF3!) have polished the farm-sim, fantasy-RPG, social-sim gameplay blend to a fine sheen. The major drawback is the 3DS-level graphics, but if you’re cool with that…

Apollo Justice is off to a good start.

Not quite as comfortable as playing on Switch in bedtop mode, but with the extra long stylus that came with my Zelda 3DS adventure pouch, I can tap the screen quite lazily so it comes close.

Apollo Justice is off to a good start.

Not quite as comfortable as playing on Switch in bedtop mode, but with the extra long stylus that came with my Zelda 3DS adventure pouch, I can tap the screen quite lazily so it comes close.

how long is triangle strategy to complete? 30 hours? Finished the demo and loved it but am also planning on getting kirby and I do badly with playing more than one game at a time D:
I'm at 34 hours right now, Chapter 15 out of 20. That's playing on Hard with having to retry a lot of battles + some optional battle grinding. Definitely would have gone faster if I had played on Normal, didn't grind for money, or just been better at the game

Fantastic game, tho

30 hours seem pretty much stop on yeah.

Hard disagree on some of the comments about the story. It is definitely engaging with some good twist and turns. Worldbuilding is very good too.

Felt a bit sad and depressed.
So I bought vidyagames

Pre-ordered: Kirby and the Forgotten Lands, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
While also pickup up Disco Elysium and Darksiders Genesis (on sale)

Now I feel better.

How it feels after buying a bunch of vidyagames

I've been playing Triangle Strategy and i gotta tell you, i find it really annoying when the game makes you choose event after event after event on the map just for dialogues with no action whatsoever

The crew 3

Lol...did anyone even like the first 2??

So I bought vidyagames

Now I feel better.
I bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition over the weekend because getting ready to move country with a chronic illness is hard work and I'm gonna be living alone for the first time in a couple of years so I've got Mass Effect as a Immersive Distraction when fatigue and homesickness strike.

Woop woop vidyagames

I've been playing Triangle Strategy and i gotta tell you, i find it really annoying when the game makes you choose event after event after event on the map just for dialogues with no action whatsoever
While it can be kinda annoying, I think it makes sense, it helps sets the scene both in location and context. Also having these little skits works pretty great on the Switch, you can save and turn off your console between scenes.

All I want from Ubisoft is a Might and Magic XI helmed by JVC or them selling the franchise to him or literally anyone else actually.

Besides EA.

So I bought vidyagames

Now I feel better.

Excellent taste. I'll be getting your first 3 games too.

I'll take another Immortals game over modern Assassin's Creed and Far Cry any day of the century. Gimme.
Immortals sequel and Mario + Rabbids still being on track for 2022 would probably be the only news I'd care about from a Ubisoft presentation

OK, just tried it out. I'm not sure this is what people have been asking for, but it's something at least.

To create a Group:

1. Go to All Software.
2. Press the L button to bring up Groups.
3. Press the + button to create a new Group.
4. Pick the games you want to go into the Group you're creating.
5. Arrange the game icons in the order you want them to appear in the Group.
6. Name your Group.

To view a Group:

1. Go to All Software
2. Press L button to bring up Groups.
3. Select the Group you want to view.

It takes more actions than I expected to view a Group. Not sure if people will like that. But I'll take it!

Things to note:
  • A game can be in multiple groups at the same time.
  • You can sort groups.

With folders coming in 2022 I fully expect the next switch very soon.
where is the logic you ask? It is simple ….Nintendo planned all this, and Mario kart dlc, and f zero , and wii sports, and earthbound as smoke screen to deceive and distract us :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

With folders coming in 2022 I fully expect the next switch very soon.
where is the logic you ask? It is simple ….Nintendo planned all this, and Mario kart dlc, and f zero , and wii sports, and earthbound as smoke screen to deceive and distract us :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
You just reminded me that folders probably won’t transfer to the eventual new console, games already don’t and need to be redownloaded lol

I really wish there was quicker way to access the Groups, preferably from the home screen.

The saddest thing about Rayman's absence is that he was once Ubisoft's poster boy. Their first big hit IP. Whereas mostly all of Ubisoft's biggest franchises have been milked fucking dry, the Rayman series has stood the test of time with each game having there own distinct feel without ever losing their spark. The series only has 5 mainline titles, and I argue the series rivals Nintendo in terms of quality platforming.

Now, he's fucking neglected. I want to go off on Ubisoft's BS surrounding Rayman, but it's honestly nothing compared to the shit their employees have to go through with all the sexual and violent harassment surrounding this awful fucking company. It's at the point where I don't give a shit if they make a new Rayman or not. Until they get their shit together, they are not getting a damn dime from me. As much as it would pain me not to support Rayman day one, this is a much more important issue that desperately needs to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom