• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.42.46_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.43.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.50.13_AM.png

New Switch OS feature out of nowhere. Can redeem My Nintendo Platinum points for new avatars and backgrounds / borders for avatars.
what! when did this happen

I really hope we get some icons finally for Metroid Dread, the Xenoblades etc. Grabbed a bunch of Mario Odyssey stuff and Chevre.

I wonder how long you have to play the games to clear the missions. I hurt my thumb and beating three Mario Bros levels was not enough. Using my pointer and middle finger for A and B was awkward.

Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.42.46_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.43.35_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.50.13_AM.png

New Switch OS feature out of nowhere. Can redeem My Nintendo Platinum points for new avatars and backgrounds / borders for avatars.
Okay, this is neat as hell.

Surprisingly literally nobody, I'm gonna get all of those Mario Odyssey icons for sure.

We finally have weekly missions / achievements on Switch and they unlock stuff. What a weird thing to type.

Edit: At this exact moment, the Pokemon poll for this thread is fully tied with all three starters having 25 votes each.

I'm good with my Switch icon being based on the Lost Levels boxart, I gotta support red overall Mario (the superior Mario)

The first Mario movie trailer for Mario day makes too much sense.
If we get something from the Mario movie, I assume that at most it will be a teaser, less than a minute of total runtime. My uneducated guess is that the full first trailer maybe in the E3 direct or around that time, in June.

I really hope that some magic happened during the production of that movie and it ends up being wonderful because Imagination doesn’t make me exactly giddy, the only thing of them that I truly loved and enjoy is the first Despicable Me.

I like the grass starter the most by a hair… I think? It really depends on their evolutions. I want it to stay quadrupedal, unlike Incineroar.

Good morning new thread. Back from the short vacation.

Like ... actual vacation. I wasn't banned.

About time they did this lol. Can’t believe they still had (have?) missions about accessing the Wii U eshops. With those going away they needed to do something else I guess.

live streaming today at 8pm JST ( 50 mins at this time of posting )
there's also a lite version ( Free to play ) and it should preload on March 3rd

Quoted by: Yzz
A new month, a new thread LETS GOO

I'm so excited for Triangle Strategy but I have still yet to play the 2nd demo.

And I also convinced myself not to buy any new game till I finish a few more games from my backlog.

So I wonder if I can manage to get it on its release date.. I doubt it. XD

Triangle Strategy is good but sloooooow. Sure would be great to have a good but fast game on the N64 app right now. Where's F Zero X, Nintendo?

I just realized, Nintendo hasn't announced the next N64 game, have they?
No, they're largely on a news moratorium because of the war with Ukraine. Minimum promotion of things - their international social media channels didn't even advertise the Pokemon Presents.

I've got Triangle Strategy on pre-order after playing a bit of the 2nd demo and loving it. I might not start straight away as I'm engrossed in Disco Elysium at the moment. The game has constantly surprised me after initially being a bit put off by how much I was bungling around on the first day, the story and gameplay is now coming together in a very cohesive manner. I'm not normally a 2nd playthrough kind of guy but this feels like I would like to do a 2nd playthrough with a different focus on stats to see how the interactions change.

I'm also glad I'm playing after the recent update that fixed load times. It has crashed twice on me so I recommend quick saving every now and again.

When I say that I'm not a soulsbro, I mean it: Apparently I've been fatrolling my way up to Anor Londo.

Last edited:
It's interesting that we're seeing potentially three large scale single-player games pile up in the final few months of the year from Nintendo, but it's also clear this likely wasn't Plan A, given the pandemic. Pokemon gen 9 was presumably always planned for that window, given the 3 year cycle the generations have been on this last decade - while plenty of us (myself included!) thought the existence of Legends indicated a 4 year gap before gen 9, GF likely never planned for that to be the case.

The other two titles may never have been targeting a late 2022 release window. We had reports from multiple sources last year that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was delayed out of 2021 into 2022 - so we can assume that XC3 launching in close proximity with Pokemon and presumably Zelda wasn't the plan. As for Zelda, that one is impossible to know because, despite a June 2019 reveal, we had to wait until June 2021 to get the 2022 release window. That being said, while Nintendo have been willing to occassionally reveal a project that's far off from launching, I'm not sure a June 2019 reveal and a release 3 and a half years later was the original plan, and so some form of internal delay(s) has presumably happened with Zelda, too.

Also, we don't yet know if Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is open world, so I move that we group these 3 games into the Big Environment genre.

Fami, I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. If someone's up for it. So, I got the job at the store selling gaming rigs! I mentioned my deep passion for computers and games and my previous experience with computer repairs and component assembly, they seemed to think I'm good for it, they didn't even hesitate, they said "see you Monday, 10AM".

Which is cool! And obviously I'm going to spend the weekend learning as much as possible about gaming rigs. I was honest about the fact that I can always learn more, and that my previous knowledge was primarily with older computers, and I didn't oversell myself. I was wondering if anyone could maybe point me to some good resources or sharing tips about where and how to learn more about rigging a gaming PC. I really want to come as prepared as possible on Monday. Additionally, if anyone has experience in working at this kind of store, it's not a usual gaming store, they sell 99.9% of their stuff online, so most of the work is quality assurance, packaging, printing information, etc, if someone has worked with this kind of job before, I was wondering if I could hear how it's like, I did get a clear vision of the work, but still, was wondering if anyone could share a perspective. My sincere apologies if this post comes off as me asking for a lot, I mostly was wondering if anyone else have these kinds of experiences, and also share my happiness about finally getting my first job in 2 years!

Fami, I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. If someone's up for it. So, I got the job at the store selling gaming rigs! I mentioned my deep passion for computers and games and my previous experience with computer repairs and component assembly, they seemed to think I'm good for it, they didn't even hesitate, they said "see you Monday, 10AM".

Which is cool! And obviously I'm going to spend the weekend learning as much as possible about gaming rigs. I was honest about the fact that I can always learn more, and that my previous knowledge was primarily with older computers, and I didn't oversell myself. I was wondering if anyone could maybe point me to some good resources or sharing tips about where and how to learn more about rigging a gaming PC. I really want to come as prepared as possible on Monday. Additionally, if anyone has experience in working at this kind of store, it's not a usual gaming store, they sell 99.9% of their stuff online, so most of the work is quality assurance, packaging, printing information, etc, if someone has worked with this kind of job before, I was wondering if I could hear how it's like, I did get a clear vision of the work, but still, was wondering if anyone could share a perspective. My sincere apologies if this post comes off as me asking for a lot, I mostly was wondering if anyone else have these kinds of experiences, and also share my happiness about finally getting my first job in 2 years!
Can't really share resources, except if you speak french, but my advice would be to watch some videos on YouTube about the subject, there's some really really good stuff out there. But most importantly, my advice would be not to worry, in every job you learn stuff that you have to do on the spot. There's no shame if you have a doubt about something to check it out on Google or to ask someone. If you were honest in the interview, I'm certain they hired you because you're nice and passionate, not because they expected you to know everything from scratch.

So congratulations and I hope you'll enjoy the job!

Unfortunately I don't have any practical advice, but congratulations!

live streaming today at 8pm JST ( 50 mins at this time of posting )
there's also a lite version ( Free to play ) and it should preload on March 3rd

Well Cloud and Squall gameplay got revealed...
This would be such an easy buy if there were no MTX.

Last edited:
Looks like Dane is confirmed to actually exist by a data leak from Nvidia.

Whether it releases/when it releases is still unknown.

Guardians of the Galaxy coming to gamepass this month. Was just gonna buy it too. Glad I held off

Well then, looks like there's some smoke with the 1TB Nvidia leak including dlss source code. Maybe we might get an actual upgrade revision this fiscal year?

Well then, looks like there's some smoke with the 1TB Nvidia leak including dlss source code. Maybe we might get an actual upgrade revision this fiscal year?
The leak itself doesn't say anything about release timing.

All it does is confirm that Dane, which was leaked by an Nvidia leaker last year, is actually a real thing and no longer just a rumor.

The leak itself doesn't say anything about release timing.

All it does is confirm that Dane, which was leaked by an Nvidia leaker last year, is actually a real thing and no longer just a rumor.
At the very least it confirms it's existence. Although the reason I think it's this fiscal year is because of someone in Technology speculation thread showed the Pokemon releases with hardware and it's been consistent.

At the very least it confirms it's existence. Although the reason I think it's this fiscal year is because of someone in Technology speculation thread showed the Pokemon releases with hardware and it's been consistent.
Yeah, and like I said in that thread I'm not sure I'd take that as an intentional pattern, more likely just a consequence of Nintendo's hardware release cadence matching that of new Pokemon gens.

Still, this year with the possibility of slipping to early next year is currently when it's rumored to launch.

That's what happens when all three starter designs are good!
Hopefully when their final evolutions are revealed we don't get a Greninja situation where the others get completely forgotten (but at least Braixen got some love).

So in major anime news
Funi content is getting merged in Crunchyroll.

Will be swapping over when my current sub is up. Which since I’m monthly anyways is basically no change. Hopefully they fix the crunchy app up to funi’s level quickly enough

The first Mario movie trailer for Mario day makes too much sense.
I was thinking the same, the super bowl would have been perfect but since that didn’t happen Mar10 day makes the perfect time to show the 1st tease/trailer.

So in major anime news
Funi content is getting merged in Crunchyroll.

Will be swapping over when my current sub is up. Which since I’m monthly anyways is basically no change. Hopefully they fix the crunchy app up to funi’s level quickly enough

I've just discovered Crunchyroll. What are some good, fun shows that aren't about war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom