• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo icon customizing and Switch 2 datamine, huh.....

Busy morning.
Believe in Whitman™
Whyman?

(Nobody will get this :cry:)

Do we think BOTW2 is getting a 2023 release now that we know Xenoblade and Pokemon are coming out later this year? Or will Nintendo give us a super packed 2022? What about casual games? Will we also see the return of games like Style Savvy in 2022 considering Switch sports and Mario Strikers are back? Are we expecting more revivals/remakes ala Advance Wars?
I want it to get pushed into 2023, but realistically, it could go either way.

Do we think BOTW2 is getting a 2023 release now that we know Xenoblade and Pokemon are coming out later this year?
No, until Nintendo officially confirms they're delaying BotW2 there's no reason to think so.
Or will Nintendo give us a super packed 2022?
Apparently yes.
What about casual games? Will we also see the return of games like Style Savvy in 2022 considering Switch sports and Mario Strikers are back? Are we expecting more revivals/remakes ala Advance Wars?
We honestly have no idea but those would be dope.

Too much exciting news; Famiboards keeps flickering with 503 errors everytime I click a new thread lol

me being excited about new switch hardware maybe probably coming this year

mero-desusandmero.gif

I'm just gonna say for the record:

If new New Switch Hardware™ is this year than BOTW2 is this year. They absolutely 100% will be sold in tandem

Do we think BOTW2 is getting a 2023 release now that we know Xenoblade and Pokemon are coming out later this year? Or will Nintendo give us a super packed 2022? What about casual games? Will we also see the return of games like Style Savvy in 2022 considering Switch sports and Mario Strikers are back? Are we expecting more revivals/remakes ala Advance Wars?
Nintendo knew XC3 and Pokemon S/V were planned for 2022 when they announced BOTW2 as a 2022 game. They didn't find out about the release dates when we did.

I want it to get pushed into 2023, but realistically, it could go either way.
I understand that, H2 is already threatening my wallet.
No, until Nintendo officially confirms they're delaying BotW2 there's no reason to think so.

Apparently yes.

We honestly have no idea but those would be dope.
Agreed! I honestly hope it doesn't get delayed, though I could see a March release in case it does. Still surprised that we don't even have a name yet for it

Man...the Switch is so loaded. If you look at the list of Nintendo franchises it's amazing how many of their IP's have had a game released on the Switch that has a legitimate argument about being one of, if not the best in the series. Breath of the Wild might be the best Zelda. Smash and Mario Kart probably have the best, most complete entries in their respective series. Odyssey is probably a top tier Mario game. The list goes on and on.

With that being said, what's next? It wouldn't shock me if the Forgotten Land is the best Kirby game, for example. Some people already think Arceus is the best Pokemon game - maybe Gen 9 is even better.

So what's next to reach new heights...DK?

I'm just gonna say for the record:

If new New Switch Hardware™ is this year than BOTW2 is this year. They absolutely 100% will be sold in tandem
THIS! They already tried the strategy with Switch and it worked, no reason not to do it again. I do hope the thing is backwards compatible.
Nintendo knew XC3 and Pokemon S/V were planned for 2022 when they announced BOTW2 as a 2022 game. They didn't find out about the release dates when we did.
Correct, I am just wondering if they thought one of those could get delayed/miss timeframe because of external factors (like Covid)

Man...the Switch is so loaded. If you look at the list of Nintendo franchises it's amazing how many of their IP's have had a game released on the Switch that has a legitimate argument about being one of, if not the best in the series. Breath of the Wild might be the best Zelda. Smash and Mario Kart probably have the best, most complete entries in their respective series. Odyssey is probably a top tier Mario game. The list goes on and on.

With that being said, what's next? It wouldn't shock me if the Forgotten Land is the best Kirby game, for example. Some people already think Arceus is the best Pokemon game - maybe Gen 9 is even better.

Don't forget a top tier Metroid with another one on the way

I can think of a few! Certainly DK, we could also see more revivals, hopefully. F-Zero, Golden Sun (I am absolutely not biased there /s), Sin & Punishment, Kid Icarus, maybe even StarFox, given Zero didn't perform very well.

Lol I don't get people who don't want to talk about switch 2/ pro rumors. We should all want an updated model. The switch is under powered as hell and is showing it's age
I want a new model with retro compatibility (and also with Retro compatibility 👀), not just an update tbh. With a name that makes it clear that it’s not the same console (like « Switch 2 », « Super Switch », « 2witch » or « 2 Switch 2 Furious ») and new boxes

Lol I don't get people who don't want to talk about switch 2/ pro rumors. We should all want an updated model. The switch is under powered as hell and is showing it's age
They got tired of all the Dane talk prior and started to lash out. Now all that Dane talk was vindicated

So I wonder what the 3rd party Dane exclusive games will be...dare I say Elden Ring or Tales of Arise? I can see Nintendo coughing up cash to get these companies to finally port their games.

The problem is it dominates discussion, almost always does not come to fruition, and there is a dedicated thread for that already. There is no getting around it obviously, but how many years of switch pro rumors were there that resulted in absolutely nothing?

Honestly, while releasing three different open-world games (Xenoblade-Zelda-Pokemon) in a row might be overkill, there is one valid reason to do it.
...It would be a perfect lineup for a stronger hardware revision.

The problem is it dominates discussion, almost always does not come to fruition, and there is a dedicated thread for that already. There is no getting around it obviously, but how many years of switch pro rumors were there that resulted in absolutely nothing?
In reality we've had only two separate rumored "pro's" one of which is this Dane console. The other was Mariko which Nintendo decided to use for better battery life instead of the increased power it was capable of.

But yes, I understand the desire to keep that talk out of this thread so I'll stop bringing it up here.

All I know is, we DK fans are sick of waiting. I imagine some us wouldn't mind a new Donkey Konga at this point. This is the longest drought DK has had without a new game ever. Even during the buyout era we had, y'know, something. Even the bare minimum of putting Diddy in Mario spinoffs isn't even a guarantee anymore. I wish I was an investor at one of these briefing meetings just so I can ask "Where the heck is Donkey Kong?" Lol

In reality we've had only two separate rumored "pro's" one of which is this Dane console. The other was Mariko which Nintendo decided to use for better battery life instead of the increased power it was capable of.

But yes, I understand the desire to keep that talk out of this thread so I'll stop bringing it up here.
One year for Mariko Pro hopium and we are on the second of Dane hopium (sorry, now it's Drake hopium) so all in all the Pro will have been in the conversation for... around half of the Switch's lifetime? When you put it in time instead of number of rumored products it becomes clear why a lot of people outside us super enthusiasts are tied of new hardware talk

Last edited:

I don’t really mind it being brought up, but can see how people are annoyed with it sometimes. Most of the issues really came from the Bloomberg reports and subsequent insider podcasts (of which I’m not doubting we’re valid in some capacity) and the discourse spiraling out of control. At some point it will happen, I’m just waiting for the announcements before I dive in too much because we are in such a weird time with switch sales momentum/chips shortages to know what’s going to happen.

All I know is, we DK fans are sick of waiting. I imagine some us wouldn't mind a new Donkey Konga at this point. This is the longest drought DK has had without a new game ever. Even during the buyout era we had, y'know, something. Even the bare minimum of putting Diddy in Mario spinoffs isn't even a guarantee anymore. I wish I was an investor at one of these briefing meetings just so I can ask "Where the heck is Donkey Kong?" Lol
It sucks that the modern spin-off with the most DK representation is freaking Mario Kart Tour.

arrested-development-david-cross.gif

I can only play Tropical Freeze this many times

Ugh I know it is not coming out soon, but it will eventually, and it will cost money, so should I keep my SteamDeck pre order? I mean the way things have been, a new Switch would be just impossible to find. But maybe I luck out like I have with other systems before and my SteamDeck collects dust except to play Elden Ring.

Or do I keep my SteamDeck pre-order, don't open the box, and then when new Switch comes out, sell it on eBay for an inflated price so I can pay someone else an inflated price for a Switch..... sigh

Sorry to bring it up once again but apparently the code name may be Drake, not Dane. As insane as that sounds.

So if you start hearing talk about Drake y'all will know what it is.
Yeah, Nate Drake

you have to be kidding me
It's unconfirmed at the moment, someone on twitter who's usually pretty good about datamining/hacking stuff showed an image from the leak indicating T239 is Drake. Probably needs a second set of eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom