• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling posts 'argumentative failures' is unnecessary and unkind, especially when they are just trying to disengage which is something we encourage in these situations - BozPaggs, Donnie, Hologram, Rika
Why? Nobody’s gonna concede here (and the “Yeah’s” have spoken so nothing I say will change a thing) so it’s best to just stop things there and move away. It was my mistake to even reply in the first place. Hell, that original Bethesda post is looking more like a mistake every minute lol
just leave it then

don't be so prideful as to remove your argumentative failures

just leave it then

don't be so prideful as to remove your argumentative failures
Dude I’ve had like three Yeah’s and a snarky post “calling me out” at this point. If I wanted to save my pride it’s far beyond that now.

I just didn’t want to keep arguing a pointless argument, but I guess even that’s not enough lol. Gotta keep fighting on for… some reason. Can’t learn from your mistakes. Nope.

Last edited:
I don’t enjoy Bethesda games, at least the few ive played. Skyrim was fun for a few hours and then I had no desire to continue. Just like Oblivion. And Fallout was just something I didn’t enjoy from the get go.

However. Now that it’s all on gamepass. I might try others since it’s “free”. Before I was more hesitant in spending money. Now it’s just finding some spare time.

I've probably put well over a 1,000 hours into Skyrim and at least 500-600 into Fallout 4. I haven't downloaded Fallout 76 because I know it would consume me.

If Starfield even remotely lives up to that concept art then god help me.

2022 will be an interesting year for open world games in general with Elden Ring, BOTW2, and Starfield. I'm always a bit skeptical of how games handle the open world element in their games, so it will be interesting to see how Elden Ring and Stanfield handle it, and how BOTW2 might improve.

2022 will be an interesting year for open world games in general with Elden Ring, BOTW2, and Starfield. I'm always a bit skeptical of how games handle the open world element in their games, so it will be interesting to see how Elden Ring and Stanfield handle it, and how BOTW2 might improve.

I feel like Starfield is the most interesting given it'll have multiple planets to visit. It really does come off as one of the more ambitious games in a while.

I feel like Starfield is the most interesting given it'll have multiple planets to visit. It really does come off as one of the more ambitious games in a while.
While I think the game will be great, I can't imagine how buggy it will be. Hopefully, it is not another Cyberpunk thing.

While I do agree that Skyrim was a game of its time, it no doubt influenced a lot of the industry going forward.
That’s what makes BotW one of the best game for me. The influence we’ve already seen + I don’t think people will look back at it as a “product of its time”. I think it will hold up like SMB3 on NES.

While I think the game will be great, I can't imagine how buggy it will be. Hopefully, it is not another Cyberpunk thing.

Between the launches of both Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 I'm optimistic. Plus Microsoft was willing to delay Halo Infinite a whole year so if Starfield does need more time in the oven I'm sure they won't hesitate to delay it.

I downloaded Apex to play with my girlfriend and I had to free up 120gb ?? How am I supposed to play other games on my series s after that lol

Between the launches of both Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 I'm optimistic. Plus Microsoft was willing to delay Halo Infinite a whole year so if Starfield does need more time in the oven I'm sure they won't hesitate to delay it.
That really doesn't provide me confidence. MS still released Infinite incomplete.

Last edited:
Assuming BOTW2 actually comes out this year 😉

I'm interested in Starfield is only because of the promise of a space-based Bethesda game but it's amazing how little we know about it. I guess the Outer Worlds could provide a hint at what to expect since it has a bit of the Fallout feel in space. But even then, Starfield could play completely different than what people may expect.

Pokemon Legends is giving me Xenoblade X vibes in that some Pokemon will chase you to the ends of the earth.

I can see why people of this era were afraid of Pokemon. They were assholes back then.

One of the weirdest takes I've seen recently when people dislike Arceus is the "BoTW did x better and it came out 5 years ago!"

Like, can they not come up with a better comparison point than a game commonly considered to be one of the best ever made? How much do they think games have improved since then? Not saying the complaints aren't valid, but jeez use a better point of comparison

I hope they don’t care about the silly 11/11/22 launch to rush the game out.

Them announcing the release date way before even given a single trailer or picture of the game tells me they care very much about the date.
Let's see if they have the balls to delay it if it comes to that.

One of the weirdest takes I've seen recently when people dislike Arceus is the "BoTW did x better and it came out 5 years ago!"

Like, can they not come up with a better comparison point than a game commonly considered to be one of the best ever made? How much do they think games have improved since then? Not saying the complaints aren't valid, but jeez use a better point of comparison
I haven’t seen takes like those for Arceus myself yet, but games are always a time and place and the general gaming public always expects cool ideas to be ripped off and implemented well fairly or not in the next game they play (so 5 years later is basically an eternity). Developers can never reuse past animations/assets either! (See people upset that Horizon 2 reuses the incredibly rad rappelling animation from the original)

This game hitting a massive range of people means people who care less deeply about games and those who have way higher standards (the 10/10 experiences only or its trash people) are going to weigh in on it. I like to take games more on their own terms and I’m enjoying Arceus so far.

Today, on repeat in my mind, is the start screen music from Skies of Arcadia which is probably my favourite start screen along with Ocarina of Time and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Skies of Arcadia really needs to be on Switch. I guess it's not outlandish it comes to NSO during Switch Gen 2.

Dreamcast games on NSO

Nintendo appear to have paid a fortune to get Genesis on NSO. I would love to have Dreamcast games or some of their Arcade classics (Daytona). But then SEGA didn’t go for those even for their SEGA AGES re-releases.
It’s a pitty, a sad sad pitty.

Today, on repeat in my mind, is the start screen music from Skies of Arcadia which is probably my favourite start screen along with Ocarina of Time and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Skies of Arcadia really needs to be on Switch. I guess it's not outlandish it comes to NSO during Switch Gen 2.
Damn, I've been waiting for a Skies of Arcadia sequel since 2002! I quite literally thought there would be a sequel to that game...

Also, shout-out to what's probably my favorite opening:

GameCube games on NSO = Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Granted, I'd prefer a simple remaster with the Legends content but the higher quality audio of the original plus proper wide-screen support over an emulated 4:3 GameCube release, but still.
And a fast forward button too because those ship battles are SLOW

Dreamcast games on NSO

Saturn games on NSO

Seriously though, i would subscribe in a heartbeat if they actually did that, especially if they start picking from the absurdly long list of Japan only titles.

One of the best things about Dreamcast NSO would finally being able to get the not completely and utterly borked version of Sonic Adventure, after several years of SEGA making us suffer the DX version

Last edited:
My copy of Arceus is days behind schedule in delivery.

To fill the void I hit up my backlog... and am doing a 100% run of Donkey Kong 64 which I've never done before.

Help me

I'm still not entirely sold on Arceus.

As an unrepentant genwunner who couldn't even finish Let's Go Eevee but loves Monster Hunter and BotW sell me on Arceus..... Now!
I’ll let others build a bigger case, but as someone who only loved and beat Blue and Silver, I like both a greater sense of discovery/wonder that’s been missing in Pokemon for decades and the ability to actually get into trouble. Like you can be wandering the first map and bam there’s a big level 40 guy right there. One I’ve seen was actually hiding out ready to pounce. Also being able to just throw one of your pokeballs out there and just being able to observe your Pokemon in the field without ever going into a menu is cool. I feel like an actual trainer in this game living the Pokemon anime life instead of just some coach.

As an unrepentant genwunner
hqdefault.jpg

Hey folks, GoTY category discussion has moved onto best action/action adventure Game nominations, please check it out :)

My copy of Arceus is days behind schedule in delivery.

To fill the void I hit up my backlog... and am doing a 100% run of Donkey Kong 64 which I've never done before.

Help me
Same here. Dangerously close to 100%ing Banjo Kazooie again, I need 6 more notes in Click Clock Wood god help me, and one more overworld jiggy from the Rusty Bucket Bay witch tile that I forgot about. Then it's Grunty's trivia and the witch herself and it's curtains.

Then, God of War on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom