• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up all the stuff that I backed:

Xenonauts - Didn't play much but it was fun. Apparently they're making a second one which looks somewhat refined. Good for them!
Project Eternity - Obviously turned into Pillars of Eternity, which was good.
Shovel Knight - Great game, excellent "investment". Never thought Shovel Knight would cameo in so many other games and even Smash.
Mighty No. 9 - ugh
The Wonderful 101 - I saw the game in a local store before my Switch copy arrived lmao

In my experience, folks who came to LOST late (like you and, incidentally, me!) have a lot less of a strong reaction to the finale. I loved it and teared up multiple times.

Enjoy the ride! Once you get towards the end of season 3 it is hard to stop, and then it is over before you know it.
That's encouraging to hear, at least! I've always been fickle about show endings and it always seems I'd rather a shitty cliffhanger because it got cancelled early or whatever the mess was that become of Heroes and Game of Thrones

Man I miss being obsessed with that show. I will tell you, it was excruciating waiting a week for a new episode. They do cliffhangers like nothing else...
Honestly looking back I'm surprised I didn't get into it myself given my previously stated interest in Heroes, but man these mid-00s shows are something else that I can't quite put my finger on but really nail what I'm looking for these days. Hell I'm about due for my rewatch of Scrubs but I'm trying to put that off for a few more months at least because it still feels a little fresh in mind having finished it back in early 2020

As someone who watched Lost as it aired I loved the finale and never understood the reaction it got. Great show from start to finish. Benjamin Linus is one of my all time favorite television characters, but I guess Brofield hasn't gotten to him yet lol

I didn't back MN9 but I did buy it on sale for like $5 a while ago just out of curiosity. I still haven't gotten around to trying it though lol

That's encouraging to hear, at least! I've always been fickle about show endings and it always seems I'd rather a shitty cliffhanger because it got cancelled early or whatever the mess was that become of Heroes and Game of Thrones

Honestly looking back I'm surprised I didn't get into it myself given my previously stated interest in Heroes, but man these mid-00s shows are something else that I can't quite put my finger on but really nail what I'm looking for these days. Hell I'm about due for my rewatch of Scrubs but I'm trying to put that off for a few more months at least because it still feels a little fresh in mind having finished it back in early 2020
I think the key factor that makes those mid-00's shows special is that they were made at a time when networks were in the midst of perfecting serialized content. They weren't quite there yet, though, so they were still experimenting to see what would work. The beauty of LOST is how it draws you in with its big budget pilot about a bunch of strangers crash landing on an island and then slowly begins to become so much more than that simple conceit.

There are still some modern shows that tickle my fancy (Wandavision is an example that comes to mind), but I think at this point the formula for success is largely in place and networks are less willing to go nuts to see what works. They don't feel like throwing millions at weird concepts that might end up blowing up in their faces.

I never backed a kickstarter. Considered it a couple of times but I didn't pull the trigger.
I’ve done 4. Hover sucked in the end, warehouse 13 the board game is fun, no idea when it’s expansion will come out(the third thing), and I expect X-men United in a few months

Okay, enough messing around. There's no reason to hide your shame. I know you watch them, so it's time to admit it. How many VTubers are you subscribed to? Be honest. Be yourself for once. Let everyone see who you really are.

As for me? Thirteen of them. One for every day of the week. 😤

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the Megaman Battle Network mobile game.

Whenever it comes out....

(And an anniversary collection pls)

Okay, enough messing around. There's no reason to hide your shame. I know you watch them, so it's time to admit it. How many VTubers are you subscribed to? Be honest. Be yourself for once. Let everyone see who you really are.

Zero lol

Fuck it, it's time for me to start Ocarina of Time with an N64 controller for the first time since 1998/99. Need something comfortable and familiar tonight.

Zero. The closest thing to a Vtuber I "followed" was Alex CND while he was waiting in line for the Switch launch at the Nintendo NY store (I wasn't the only one because iirc some people from the old old place sent him some food at one point). That's about it.

dont-tell-me-what-i-cant-do-lost.gif

John Locke baybeeeee

I don't follow any Ytubers, let alone Vtubers.

I don't have time to watch videos of stuff, gimme articles and blog posts any day.

Day 1029 of my internet being a pain in the arse

On both my recent gaming PCs (a tower and now a laptop), it's been the case that any time I go onto it my DL speeds will have plummeted. This is only fixed by starting a Steam download and repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting until, suddenly, it jumps from the 100KB/s range to the 7MB/s range. Of course sometimes that doesn't fix it, and I have to reset the internet entirely.

Just... whhhhyyyy. Honestly a part of the reason I'm moving out is so that my internet can be improved.

As someone who watched Lost as it aired I loved the finale and never understood the reaction it got. Great show from start to finish. Benjamin Linus is one of my all time favorite television characters, but I guess Brofield hasn't gotten to him yet lol
Not a name I recognize, but I don't know how anyone could possibly oust my boy Hurley from the top spot.

Mans has the only double AA batteries on that godforsaken beach when Sayyid is trying to build a radio and he's listening to Willy Nelson on his Sony CD Walkman. Mad respect

dont-tell-me-what-i-cant-do-lost.gif

John Locke baybeeeee
This is who people who think they have main character energy think they are.

But no one is John Locke like John Locke baybeeeeee

Xenonauts - Didn't play much but it was fun. Apparently they're making a second one which looks somewhat refined. Good for them!
Shovel Knight - Great game, excellent "investment". Never thought Shovel Knight would cameo in so many other games and even Smash.
Mighty No. 9 - ugh
The Wonderful 101 - I saw the game in a local store before my Switch copy arrived lmao
My Kickstarter streak is pretty good:

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero - Didn't actually finish it but the game turned out well and was delivered fairly on-time
Don Hertzfeldt's It's Such a Beautiful Day on Blu-Ray - Literally just getting one of my top films of all time on blu-ray. It's an amazing blu-ray too so it's an absolute win!
The Wonderful 101 Remastered - It came out. I got the PC version, but the Switch version both arrived late, and didn't actually arrive because of exorbitant Brexit charges being passed onto us. A fairly big loss, but at least I didn't come out empty handed.
Don Hertzfeldt's World of Tomorrow on Blu-Ray - Again, nothing much to say. Yet to watch these but I will one day for sure. I did order a signed print of the above film for like £100... and it's one of my most cherished possessions tbqh

Serious post

I adored Lost; had a group of friends who I watched it with and theorize about the island and the cast. Was some good shit.

Jin and Sun as best couple

All non-video game products I've backed on Kickstarter have been great.

Almost all of the video game ones have been dumpster fires.

The only one I can remember being happy with was Massive Chalice.

I have to go use the bathroom. I'm leaving @Brofield in charge while I'm gone. I expect you all to behave yourselves. No Team February propaganda or dank memes while I'm not looking! 😤

I don't subscribe to any VTubers. That said, in return, I'm literally subscribed to like, 20 different ASMR channels 😎 😴 🛏️

I won't post it here, but I just shared some new music I've been working on in The Roost chat that doesn't have a home thread.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea (very poppy, I fucking love writing pop music) but I'm stoked about it

I'm losing my sanity over waiting for PLA and the JP previews did me no favor. Quick sb pls calm me down, I still have my damn thesis on my desk
🤪

Lots of friends and acquaintances caught "colds" this past week.

"Colds", ya know.
To be fair there are pretty bad regular-ass colds going around right now. I was off sick for a few days earlier in the month because of a really bad cold. None of the Lateral Flows came out positive and the PCR test didn't either - it was 100% "just a cold."

Bet you dont have it tattooed on your buttcheek to prove your devotion
Team February has no need for petty symbols of avarice like these "buttock imprints" you speak of. Our intellectual, spiritual and physical superiority is ordained by the very order of nature itself!

For anyone interested in some non-spoiler first impressions of Pokemon Legends Arceus, this just came through the modqueue at GL&R. Some pretty good info here.

I expected a ton of hatred and the game to be a mess, but the initial responses are complete opposite. Poor marketing, good game, start of something special etc. Everyone who has it has a lot of positive things to say about it. Im surprised to say the least. Just thought you guys might be interested

To be fair there are pretty bad regular-ass colds going around right now. I was off sick for a few days earlier in the month because of a really bad cold. None of the Lateral Flows came out positive and the PCR test didn't either - it was 100% "just a cold."
It's definitely possible some of them are colds. I just think it's extremely improbable and so am taking the "it's just a cold" self diagnoses with a huge grain of salt.

Melee on Nintendo Switch, huh.....

Seeing some Youtubers put that prediction out and I'm like.....its not impossible?

I guess lol.
If it was added as part of Gamecube NSO (if such a thing ever exists—I doubt it tbh) then I could see it happening. If they're talking about like, an actual HD remaster released at retail tho? Nah, zero chance with Ultimate already on Switch.

Oh god I backed a Kickstarter for the first time

Dunno what to expect
First and only Kickstarter I backed is Sea of Stars. I'll keep the thread updated on that.
the joke is the game is obviously gonna rock and has already been featured in a Direct

Oh hey speaking of indies, one of the most haunting games I've ever played is finally getting a physical release!!

For anyone interested in some non-spoiler first impressions of Pokemon Legends Arceus, this just came through the modqueue at GL&R. Some pretty good info here.

I expected a ton of hatred and the game to be a mess, but the initial responses are complete opposite. Poor marketing, good game, start of something special etc. Everyone who has it has a lot of positive things to say about it. Im surprised to say the least. Just thought you guys might be interested

So funny how we're all affected by marketing differently. At no point did I think "oh this is poor marketing" when I saw anything related to Legends. It was a nice slow build from a casual sort of announcement all the way to release less than a year later. Worked for me.

Melee on Nintendo Switch, huh.....

Seeing some Youtubers put that prediction out and I'm like.....its not impossible?

I guess lol.
Smash Melee will come to GameCube NSO, which will be made available as part of the Advance Pack third tier of Nintendo Switch Online during the second generation of Switch hardware and services.

Mighty No. 9 - ugh

My experience with Kickstarter is great. I got most stuff and it's not that bad. The only few bad apples are MN9 and Soul Saga.

search Souls Saga

Steam: Early Access and the last update was... two years ago... it's dead.

Games
Romancelvania - a hilarious video game genre mashup
Girls Make Games Presents: The Hole Story!
Popup Dungeon - A Tabletop Inspired Video Game
Hover : Revolt Of Gamers
Twisted Fusion
Hyper Light Drifter
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Mighty No. 9 (Where is my 3DS version Keiji Inafune...)
A Hat in Time
Armikrog
Soul Saga, the first 3D J-RPG on Kickstarter! (What a shit show, has this been finished..? I stopped careing after it took to long...)

Print
Nintendo Force Magazine: Year 2 Subscriptions
Oddworld: Abe's Origins - Book & Game Collection
The GaMERCaT Comic Volume 1

Plush
The GaMERCaT Plush

Documentation
You Are Now EarthBound

Music
MOTHER: The Original Arranged Soundtrack Album

Team February has no need for petty symbols of avarice like these "buttock imprints" you speak of. Our intellectual, spiritual and physical superiority is ordained by the very order of nature itself!
#TeamJanuary members got a thicker booty than anyone on Team February confirmed

#TeamFebruary more like #TeamFlatButtuary

That Hank Hill on your side?

I find this hard to believe when you didn't even change your forum title
I was under the impression that meant I had to delete my existing title (generously provided by beautiful abyss poster @BozPaggs).

I may be #TeamJanuary, but above all I am Famicomrade to all members of our board (but if I can put #TeamJanuary under my tag per Direct Speculation rules, then Huzzah!)

I was under the impression that meant I had to delete my existing title (generously provided by beautiful abyss poster @BozPaggs).

I may be #TeamJanuary, but above all I am Famicomrade to all members of our board (but if I can put #TeamJanuary under my tag per Direct Speculation rules, then Huzzah!)
you did yeah, team hashtag only

abyss over party, I can respect that

Smash Melee will come to GameCube NSO, which will be made available as part of the Advance Pack third tier of Nintendo Switch Online during the second generation of Switch hardware and services.
Someone's gonna find this post in 3 years and declare you an insider

Got all of the puzzle pieces and music notes in the first two worlds of Banjo-Kazooie. It's disgusting how much of this game I remember. Although Clankers Cavern is when things will probably start to get hazy. It's amazing how small these worlds actually are. They seemed absolutely huge when I was a kid.

Surely GCN-NSO isn't viable this generation due to lack of analogue triggers. Yes, separate controllers can be used, but none of the other emulators require them.

Maybe the successor will support some analogue trigger function. What do people think of pressure sensitive triggers? I wasn't keen on a large movement against resistance of GCN analogue triggers and pressure sensitive triggers could feel like simple click buttons for games not using the analogue aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom