• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay I’ve run my brain through a sausage grinder and my masterpiece* has arrived on @Raccoon’s doorstep

* I only described something extremely chaotic and hypothetical, not extremely chaotic and in the works by me like my horse incinerator pokéclone

This is seriously what I've been working on with my anxiety. I have a bad problem with worrying that I haven't done enough, am not doing enough, must do more/better, worried that life will collapse if I don't find the "right" thing to do, or that I won't enjoy life if I can't find the intersection between what I "need" to do and what I "enjoy" doing.

And then I think back to my younger years and go "man... that guy really was content to just play video games and watch movies, huh?" And then I start worrying that I've cheated myself out of a ton of time because I've been fighting to "do" rather than just "be." It's like a ping-pong match, back and forth.

And the thing that's calming me these days is just to remind myself: BotW2 is coming. Xenoblade 3 is coming. Sonic Frontiers is coming. A new retro Nissan Z is coming. Idris Elba is Knuckles. Steven Spielberg just made a musical.
What a great time to be specifically me.
All that and a birthday. Hell of a month, carob superlative.

All that and a birthday. Hell of a month, carob superlative.
105.gif

Replaying sonic generations has me pissed sega fumbled the bag after perfecting it

But also pissed Mario 3D all stars is what Mario got in comparison to this lol

I wouldn’t mind a shameless nostalgia trip game, tho I guess it’s more Nintendo’s style to do it tastefully like odyssey postgame

Been playing Splatoon 2 lately but even regular battles are totally overrun by players with every ability slot maxed out with the same skill.

Ready for Splatoon 3 because at least there will be a few months where not everyone has min/maxed everything

Replaying sonic generations has me pissed sega fumbled the bag after perfecting it

I wouldn’t mind a shameless nostalgia trip game, tho I guess it’s more Nintendo’s style to do it tastefully like odyssey postgame

If it makes you feel better, prior to Generations, Sega gave us Sonic 2006 for the 15th anniversary...

The demand to coincide with the 15th anniversary is partially why Sonic 2006 is the way it is. I don't think Nintendo would ever hasten the development of a Mario game just to line up with some arbitrary anniversary. And to be fair, I think Sega learned their lesson with 2006.

If it makes you feel better, prior to Generations, Sega gave us Sonic 2006 for the 15th anniversary...

The demand to coincide with the 15th anniversary is partially why Sonic 2006 is the way it is. I don't think Nintendo would ever hasten the development of a Mario game just to line up with some arbitrary anniversary. And to be fair, I think Sega learned their lesson with 2006.
Ah, that makes generations more an apology then haha

FamiBoards retreat when this pandemic is finally over.

Seriously though, a Fami-meetup in Japan would be so weeby and chaotic that it could be rad as shit.

Love hotel?
If what you love is Nintendo

okay, I found out firsthand what the update does: it destroys joy-con responsiveness

hoping for a hotfix
New thread lore: Nintendo knows who you are and hates your joy-con specifically.

Seriously though, a Fami-meetup in Japan would be so weeby and chaotic that it could be rad as shit.
Used to work for a Japanese company, but it was based in Kyushu. Always wanted to go, so I’ll take any excuse to get to Japan. The CEO would fly around a private sushi chef whenever he would come to the states, so events were always amazing.

sorry gang but the absolute truth is that I'm worse than just a weeb, I'm a weeb and a 19th-20th centuries history nerd

I've said the words "prewar japan" far more often than someone of my age and profession should

so yeah, I'd be all over old kyoto headquarters meetup and would likely be completely insufferable the entire time

Ah, that makes generations more an apology then haha

In many ways it is, not just for Sonic 2006, but also an apology for the series overall since the release of 2006. It really does try to focus on the things people like most about the series while not getting lost in new gimmicks. You like going fast as Sonic. Well here's going fast as Sonic in both 2D and 3D. Though ironically, I think the success of Generations held back any potential for Sonic Forces. It's clear with the reuse of the Generations/Colors format and bringing back Classic Sonic for some reason that Sega wanted to recapture the magic of Generations again, rather than doing something new.

WOOOOOOO
YALL
WHO HAS TWO THUMBS, LONG HAIR, CRIPPLING ANXIETY, DEFINITELY ISN'T A FURRY DESPITE GROWING UP IN THE SONIC FANDOM, AND JUST GOT A NEGATIVE PCR RESULT FOR COVID AFTER AN EXPOSURE SCARE????

this muhfuggaaaaa

sorry gang but the absolute truth is that I'm worse than just a weeb, I'm a weeb and a 19th-20th centuries history nerd

I've said the words "prewar japan" far more often than someone of my age and profession should

so yeah, I'd be all over old kyoto headquarters meetup and would likely be completely insufferable the entire time

Did you know Raccoon that Japan's first unambiguous reference in written history dates back to Chinese text written in the 1st century BCE where it is known as the land of Wa? Japan and Korea did not their own writing systems at the time so what little history we know about these countries prior to that is only known through Chinese sources. Japan is described as a land across the sea with many tribes and it was often regarded as a mythical place. The legendary Queen Himiko comes from these Chinese records.

And that is your weeb lesson for the night.

It's Thursday, which means we are one week away from the January Direct. Team February will be quaking. Team March will be shaking. And Team January will be thriving as usual. #TeamJanuaryAlwaysWins😎

It's Thursday, which means we are one week away from the January Direct. Team February will be quaking. Team March will be shaking. And Team January will be thriving as usual. #TeamJanuaryAlwaysWins😎

We ask that you keep all crazy Team January talk within the Direct Speculation thread. We would like to maintain at least some standards of reasoning and thought within this thread.

Team February: quaking
Team March: shaking
Team April: taking
Team May: flaking
Team June: partaking
Team July: raking
Team August: aching
Team September: making
Team October: forsaking
Team November: baking
Team December: mistaking

Team February: quaking
Team March: shaking
Team April: taking
Team May: flaking
Team June: partaking
Team July: raking
Team August: aching
Team September: making
Team October: forsaking
Team November: baking
Team December: mistaking
Thank you. You reminded me that there's a new Wordle.

I mean Sonic’s most recent anniversary gave us Sonic Colors Ultimate, so really both characters are slacking with their anniversary content.

Bought Sonic Generations (and Unleashed, and more games too 😅) on the recent Xbox sale and I'm not sure if I should take my time to explore the levels or go fast. I haven't played Sonic since a decade ago, and those we're the Mega Drive games.

No clue. She was a stray that just came in one day. The vet stuff we have has her as "domestic short hair." So, no help there.

Yours is bigger?! Penny's a chonker. Maybe that's a breed trait?
To be honest mine looks bigger (and I'm assuming because it's a male), but in all fairness from the picture of yours I cannot really see her size. But either way mine is bigger than most cats, and I definetely see the similarities with yours from your picture hence I think they're the same breed, but who knows. I'd show you if I knew how to add a picture here.

(Apologies for such late reply, my work is crazy this time of the year).

I started playing Chicory and, while I love the art style, I'm really into the way its story is shaping up (even very early) and the localisation into Spanish is fantastic... I really struggle to pick it up because it doesn't feel great to play, even in handheld and left-handed mode. Should I play on TV? Is it better if I just bite the bullet and buy it on PC?

"Jeez, I'm feeling rather fatigued. Perhaps I shall retire for the evening at 10:22pm and wake up well rested for the day ahead." And then my body proceeds to violently wake me up at 5:19am fully alert, several hours before my 8am alarm, and I can't go back to bed 🙃 Life is torment

Man nobody wants to enter raffle #3. Only 6 entrants so far.
Raffle #3 is gaming merch, yeah? I do have a Lego NES I don't show off nearly enough haha

What is this Raffle magic you're talking about?
It's in the OP. Every week in this thread there's a different raffle for $5 of eShop credit, to enter you need to post a picture of the weekly raffle subject (this week is your favorite/most interesting gaming merchandise).

I don't need to look back a decade ago, I know I'm thick as pig shit and shall remain so 'til my dying day

It's in the OP. Every week in this thread there's a different raffle for $5 of eShop credit, to enter you need to post a picture of the weekly raffle subject (this week is your favorite/most interesting gaming merchandise).

Would photos with devs count as such merch?

Did you know Raccoon that Japan's first unambiguous reference in written history dates back to Chinese text written in the 1st century BCE where it is known as the land of Wa? Japan and Korea did not their own writing systems at the time so what little history we know about these countries prior to that is only known through Chinese sources. Japan is described as a land across the sea with many tribes and it was often regarded as a mythical place. The legendary Queen Himiko comes from these Chinese records.

And that is your weeb lesson for the night.
Land of Wah

explains a lot

I started playing Chicory and, while I love the art style, I'm really into the way its story is shaping up (even very early) and the localisation into Spanish is fantastic... I really struggle to pick it up because it doesn't feel great to play, even in handheld and left-handed mode. Should I play on TV? Is it better if I just bite the bullet and buy it on PC?
It feels better on TV with a Pro Controller — except for when you need to make more involved art. Then I’d pop the Switch out for some touchscreen time.

That was what made it the most enjoyable for me, at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom