• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird how Koji Kondo decided to make all of his Mario overworld themes old-timey American music, and now you only ever hear this stuff in video games and movie scenes that want to establish that it's the 1930's.

Before this article gains traction, lemme say I swear this wasn't me

iyw4rBa.png

all I need to do to see a werewolf in a kilt is open tumblr or walk up Lansdowne
nGMrD.gif

every kid I see only has a flip phone and they just text their friends, brainrot lol

every kid I see only watches flash animations on funny junk dot com and eats pop tarts, brainrot lol

every kid I see only has an iPod and can’t do anything without listening to music, brainrot lol

every kid I see only plays their Nintendo with the little Mario man non-stop, brainrot lol

every kid I see only has a walkman and they just listen to tapes all the time, brainrot lol

you uh

you see how this works?
every kid I see only plays with a stick and hoop instead of sweeping chimneys, brainrot lol

what are we talking about

I’m playing Pokémon heart gold for the first time, I really like it so far

Picked up a few games for the psp and ds today. One was Metroid prime hunters.

SpongeBob taught me that mayonnaise is bad, and I have never questioned that. It also taught me that mayonnaise is not an instrument, but I'm more skeptical of that claim.

Hey now

Some of us genuinely dislike mayonnaise

and would prefer to drink Popeye's blackened ranch
Unrelated but just thought you should know that Superstars gets high marks from me on first impression. The game is beautiful on PS5 and this is easily the best Sonic has felt since the 2D games. Those boost mode games with 2D parts always feel wrong but this is fabulous.

I know the floor will fall out at some point but so far I'm in heaven.

Related: hate mayonnaise

Unrelated but just thought you should know that Superstars gets high marks from me on first impression. The game is beautiful on PS5 and this is easily the best Sonic has felt since the 2D games. Those boost mode games with 2D parts always feel wrong but this is fabulous.

I know the floor will fall out at some point but so far I'm in heaven.

Related: hate mayonnaise
I'm glad you're enjoying it!! But also holy shit what a comment to pick to reply to 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I admit I had to look this up to get it but rest assured, I was pretty put off by the term “mayo bowl” from the jump
College football bowl season is definitely one of the most American of things. Making kids play games at heightened risk of injury completely unpaid all to benefit a (usually) old white dude and then rewarding them with the absolute worst snack food trash to eat strictly to be used as an unpaid advertisement if they win.

At least the players can get paid and rewarded now so that’s changed. For the Mayo bowl specifically, the coach is rewarded with a dowsing of gallons of Mayo….

College football bowl season is definitely one of the most American of things. Making kids play games at heightened risk of injury completely unpaid all to benefit a (usually) old white dude and then rewarding them with the absolute worst snack food trash to eat strictly to be used as an unpaid advertisement if they win.

At least the players can get paid and rewarded now so that’s changed. For the Mayo bowl specifically, the coach is rewarded with a dowsing of gallons of Mayo….
Never forget the Pop-Tart Bowl:

Trying to keep myself from stressing out. I'm starting my driving classes tomorrow and I'm working up the courage to ask my crush out, since we have a 3 day weekend for Easter. One at a time, one at a time..........

After all these headaches and slipups with CS, my shirts, Layzner and Gainer finally made it in! Some other fun stuff too

IMG_8708.jpg

Just found that the Sega/Persona leaker, Midori left Twitter because a certain other leaker (who can't be mentioned on here, iykyk) called her a fraud because of the Sonic Heroes rumors and there's a good chance that Sega traced the leaks back to her, due to that other person's involvement. Can't have shit around here, man.........

Speaking of terrible food drinks!
Years ago, I put pancakes in the blender because I thought it would be like pancake mashed potatoes, which would rule. It was not very good. My mom claimed it had something to do with chemical reactions and my vision was impossible, but how can they taste so good when I'm mashing them up with my teeth then? I still believe there must be a way to make it work. Maybe I should try hitting them with a meat tenderizer.

Just discovered another new favorite!

The first time I saw that album cover I'm pretty sure I laughed because they tried to take an artsy photo and they just got fucking Paranoid

Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg

Solid album though. I thought it was pretty cool how it paid tribute to their roots in its sound via various little nods to past work like Planet Earth.

Also their most recent album inexplicably had a really good cover of my favorite Billie Eilish song, which I'm still kind of reeling from.

Years ago, I put pancakes in the blender because I thought it would be like pancake mashed potatoes, which would rule. It was not very good. My mom claimed it had something to do with chemical reactions and my vision was impossible, but how can they taste so good when I'm mashing them up with my teeth then? I still believe there must be a way to make it work. Maybe I should try hitting them with a meat tenderizer.
something something gluten strands

maybe

I love that what I know of Fiveman’s pitch basically boils down to: “You know those kid’s whose homeworld you burnt to the ground 20 years ago? Well you stepped on their turf again, they built a super weapon to beat the stuffing out of you and they’re all now badass school teachers”

That was my first thought. I actually played a nu metal playlist the other day and have to say…most of it isn’t good anymore.
Yeah a lot of that has not aged well. I still have a fair few bands of that era I like but it’s mostly the bands that had longer careers and kept putting out music much after that period

Drinking mayonaise? Holds back throw-up-reflex

Drinking Hot Dog flavoured water? Critically holds back throw-up-reflex And Limp Bizkit did it first

You folks get weird over the night.

Drinking Hot Dog flavoured water? Critically holds back throw-up-reflex And Limp Bizkit did it first

What's really wild is for me that went down in the morning 😎

Now you've given me an idea for a nausea saving throw in a dnd type game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom