• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balatro has taken over my free time, I've never had the "tetris effect" despite being a big Tetris fan but I have now had the Balatro effect please send help all I see is cards

Karaoke tonight with the film crew, we wrap production for the week in like an hour, choose your fighter for me to sing:

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Creep - Radiohead
Thunder Road- Bruce Springsteen
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Lips of An Angel - Hinder
Vienna - Billy Joel
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
Sara Smile - Hall and Oates
This Love - Maroon 5
American Girl - Tom Petty
3AM - Matchbox Twenty

Karaoke tonight with the film crew, we wrap production for the week in like an hour, choose your fighter for me to sing:

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Creep - Radiohead
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Vienna - Billy Joel
This Love - Maroon 5
3AM - Matchbox Twenty
Scenes is great because you can get everyone waving Brenda and Eddie goodbye. Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

I played for twenty minutes and I donโ€™t get it yet. Is the twenty first minute when it picks up?
idk I was hooked in minutes

itโ€™s not unlike my dead card game, UNO But Worse, but way better-realized

Poker But Worse But Good

the additive effects to your deck get so messy and chaotic in the best way

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Creep - Radiohead
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Vienna - Billy Joel
This Love - Maroon 5
3AM - Matchbox Twenty
I'm always a sucker for Tiny Dancer and I don't know why

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Creep - Radiohead
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Vienna - Billy Joel
This Love - Maroon 5
3AM - Matchbox Twenty
If I were choosing for myself, itโ€™d be Hinder. Itโ€™s a song you can really take the piss out of.

Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Creep - Radiohead
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Vienna - Billy Joel
This Love - Maroon 5
3AM - Matchbox Twenty
itโ€™s gonna have to be one of these two:

Iโ€™m a clear proponent of Bingle Karaoke

โ€ฆI shouldnโ€™t make a game called Bingle Karaokeโ€ฆ

Scenes is great because you can get everyone waving Brenda and Eddie goodbye. Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
Let's see how many people can tolerate me up on stage for 8 minutes :cool:
I'm always a sucker for Tiny Dancer and I don't know why
Because it's a classic rock ANTHEM
If I were choosing for myself, itโ€™d be Hinder. Itโ€™s a song you can really take the piss out of.
Excellent choice, one of the leading songs at the moment!

I got really excited about pizza and my brain turned to scrambled egg, meaning I walked into the middle of the room and just said โ€œIT PEESโ€

Iโ€™ve made a disaster of myself

I got really excited about pizza and my brain turned to scrambled egg, meaning I walked into the middle of the room and just said โ€œIT PEESโ€

Oh yeah? Well I read this so fast that I thought you said "IT PEES" in reference to scrambled eggs

itโ€™s gonna have to be one of these two:

Iโ€™m a clear proponent of Bingle Karaoke

โ€ฆI shouldnโ€™t make a game called Bingle Karaokeโ€ฆ

You better make a game called Bingle Karaoke. I will preorder it now. Name your price.

I mean, that's a fair reaction to a pizza. Or maybe that's the New Yorker in me talking.

I played for twenty minutes and I donโ€™t get it yet. Is the twenty first minute when it picks up?
I played until 3:30AM first night I played which I NEVER do so it got me quick lol Just try a bit more if you still think you could be interested I'd say? The different Jokers, different decks and strategy, rng, dopamine nature just hits right for me, this'll be one of my goat roguelites along with Isaac for sure

idk I was hooked in minutes

itโ€™s not unlike my dead card game, UNO But Worse, but way better-realized

Poker But Worse But Good

the additive effects to your deck get so messy and chaotic in the best way
I think I was too tired to appreciate what was happening. I was also having success, which really threw me off. Iโ€™m not done with it yet!

Alright I think I get Balatro now.
game is pretty good early on but once you start making progress collectionwise you'll start unlocking some very interesting jokers and your mind will start reeling at the (combo) possibilities

Side Order is like if somebody took the bones and muscles of Splatoon plus the sinews of Portal, mashed them into the shape of Hades, and made each limb look like a The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild shrine

I still canโ€™t get over how much fun it is to play

I wish I had enough photoshop skill (i.e. any at all) to edit an "IT FOLLOWS" poster to "IT PEES".

And now I've played Balatro for two hours straight, made it to the end of the run, and was failed by the heart of the cards.

What a journey!

Really should make more of an effort to participate in General Discussion again. Things have been a bit busy lately, but I miss this place.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Really should make more of an effort to participate in General Discussion again. Things have been a bit busy lately, but I miss this place.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Grh2GnW.gif

Thread Update
This is nearly a week overdue. I apologize for the delay in communicating my change in perspective.

Put succinctly, I have found it unexpectedly difficult to engage with the systems I put into place for this thread, and I see them as broadly useless. I will not be doing any further thread compilation updates and the original post has been updated accordingly. This change does not come from a place of discontent, despite how it may seem. I've felt this way from early in the thread's life, and as some may recall had misgivings about making it at all. I've gotten older and my habits have changed.

Instead, I encourage you all to use this thread and engage with each other and the site as deeply or casually as you see fit. Continue to find one another. I appreciate your understanding.

Last edited:
This is nearly a week overdue. I apologize for the delay in communicating my change in perspective.

Put succinctly, I have found it unexpectedly difficult to engage with the systems I put into place for this thread, and I see them as broadly useless. I will not be doing any further thread compilation updates and the original post has been updated accordingly. This change does not come from a place of discontent, despite how it may seem. I've felt this way from early in the thread's life, and as some may recall had misgivings about making it at all. I've gotten older and my habits have changed.

Instead, I encourage you all to use this thread and engage with each other and the site as deeply or casually as you see fit. Continue to find one another. I appreciate your understanding.
Hey you still made a thread that got us talking about cool music and you even converted an enthusiastic new T-Square fan so a mission was still accomplished whether it was the intended one or not!
or maybe that was an intended one

Alright, now I really get Balatro.

I'm being transported back to that magical Christmas when I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time. It's a rogue with RNG that you feel like you have some control over instead of being at its mercy.

And this is even better because it looks like a Clubhouse Games Game!

this splatfest is a crime. no team EWI?!

i think this thread is a resounding success. weโ€™ve all been listening to more T-Square, and some of us have looked around a bit more due to the Town Square setup. Whether you compile those shout outs or not โ€” theyโ€™re still being made, and itโ€™s still had a positive effect!

Thank you for everything you put into it!

DS NSMB: 1026 verts, 636 tris
Wii NSMB: 917 verts, 1634 tris
3DS NSMB2: 1002 verts, 1139 tris
WiiU NSMBU: 1325 verts, 1656 tris
NSW SMBW: 4396 verts, 6888 tris (couldn't remove hair going through cap without removing a lot of the face, so... more or less)

Continuing with 3D Marios and Smash Marios. This is especially true for the Smash ones, but many of these models have alternate parts. Like "Open right hand", "Closed right hand", "Peace sign right hand" which would not be used together, so I tried to deactivate as many as possible to get an idea of what would actually be used at any given time.

N64 SM64: 424 verts, 788 tris
GCN SMS: 812 verts, 1524 tris (wearing Hawaiian shirt)
Wii SMG: 2600 verts, 4877 tris
NSW SMO: 9723 verts, 11619 tris

Odyssey Mario is the most detailed I've seen yet, the only one so far to go over 10K triangles.

N64 SSB: 281 verts, 366 tris (includes his starting pipe)
GCN SSBM: LESS THAN 3814 verts, 5438 tris (parts not clearly labeled and seems to include high and low detail parts, so hard to try to pare things down to a standard high quality Mario)
Wii SSBB: 3391 verts, 6117 tris
3DS SSB4: 40725 verts (?), 3108 tris
WiiU SSB4: 4202 verts, 6426 tris
NSW SSBU: 4720 verts, 7387 tris

Smash is kind of interesting. It started with the weakest models, took a big jump to GCN/Wii, and hasn't changed much since.

On the whole I'm surprised how little things have changed over the generations. I know polygons themselves have become less important to a game's final look, but it's still the case that going from Super Mario 64 to Odyssey, the resolution has grown slightly more than the polygon count. So given a Mario of the same relative size on screen, an SMO Mario body polygon would take up more pixels than an SM64 Mario body polygon. It's just less obvious with things like high detail textures all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom