• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega Force wants to do a Star Wars Musou, so why not let them make the next Battlefront? The heroes could play like Musou characters.

Anti-vaxxer and underachieving QB Aaron Rodgers is also a Sandy Hook denier?

Shockedpikachu
It is low-key kinda fascinating how nobody ever seems to buy into one conspiracy and then just stop there. It almost always seems to snowball into believing more and more nonsense until they eventually reach full-blown "the earth is flat, the holocaust never happened, a secret race of lizard people control everything" types

It is low-key kinda fascinating how nobody ever seems to buy into one conspiracy and then just stop there. It almost always seems to snowball into believing more and more nonsense until they eventually reach full-blown "the earth is flat, the holocaust never happened, a secret race of lizard people control everything" types
I mean. it makes sense that once you're willing to believe one thing that is provably false because of anecdotal "evidence" then it's only a matter of time before you believe other unbelievable things.

Curl avoiding his adult responsibilities and non-essential social encounters, 2024 colourized

images-2.fill.size_2000x1125.v1708365648.png

Just found out that Doctre got banned for harassment. I only saw him on the hardware thread, what happened???
Regarding the ban on Doctre81, it was brought to our attention that he has endorsed a harassment campaign against a marginalized game developer pushed by Libs of TikTok both in his YouTube videos and on Twitter. Libs of TikTok is a far right extremist known for hate speech and transphobia, and her calls to action have led to harassment and threats against marginalized people, such is the case here. Support of such an individual goes against the values of Famiboards, and Doctre81 and his content are no longer welcome here.

- VolcanicDynamo, xghost777, meatbag

first update in two years (the patch notes are "Various adjustments have been made to improve the gameplay experience")

Oh thank goodness they're finally improving the gameplay experience, I've been eagerly awaiting some adjustments

randomly updating the game after two years with unclear patch notes made me kinda worried that they might be preparing to shut down the game's online. tho i'm probably overthinking it.
oh dang, yeah genuinely hoping it's just stability 😅

randomly updating the game after two years with unclear patch notes made me kinda worried that they might be preparing to shut down the game's online. tho i'm probably overthinking it.

Reportedly, it's rolling the more recent event themes into the actual game data.

Allow me to ease your bothers. Check out Urbosa's official art, which the amiibo pose is derived from:

BotW_Urbosa_Artwork.png

Urbosa's base isn't reversed - while she stands the opposite way in the box (presumably to show the figure better), placing the base in the intended direction has her match the art!

Thank YOU - For saving my mental well being.

Not sure why I didnt even think about that, I've seen this image a million times.

Heart: go to check out

Brain: what happened to saving mone-

Heart: GO TO CHECK OUT
Uh.... were you watching my internal discussion last night when the BoardGame equilavent of Deku Deals page showed me a sale of a game I really wanted? That's creepy......
Can I just rant a little bit how I find it worrying people don't vaccinate their kids anymore because of antivaxx bullshit on social media? We have a goddamn measles outbreak here in the Netherlands because of this bullshit wtf???
Fuck even here in Brazil which always had a really good vaccination coverage, free shots in the public health system and mandatory vaccines for kids to be enrolled in schools (also we have a great mascot for vaccines), after the shit shitty piece of shit last president the antivaxx movement started growing a lot.

The last few days, I’ve been occasionally loading up one of my old TotK save files and cleaning up some unfinished shrines. And damn, while it was awesome to solve them the first playthrough, it’s even more exhilarating to try to find alternative ways and solutions for them this time around. Like, I love the ingenious puzzle design and all, but the game is so flexible that there is always an alternative solution to find for people who are smart and persistent enough. Always.

Last night, there was this shrine where you have to paste two logs and a rocket together on a wheel and shoot the rocket to make the wheel go off and propel the logs into a button. If you know TotK well enough, it takes less than 30 seconds to figure out. Yet, I decided to try to solve it without using the wheel the intended way, and spent almost five minutes fetching another log and lining up two logs to propel the third log into the button without relying on the wheel spin. The feeling of “are you fucking kidding me, that worked?!” is extremely addicting.

What’s so incredible about the game is that you can cheat and cheese your way through so much of it. It might feel cheap and easy, but the thing is that TotK actively knows that its mechanics can be exploited - everyone knows about the rocket shield skip, yet there’s a shrine that teaches you the rocket skip, almost to sort of nudge you into the idea that while it’s fun to play the game as “intended”, the true magic is to sort of figure out the alternative, secret and much more efficient solutions.

Daryl Talks Games says it better than I do, in an excellent video of his.

Like, I love the ingenious puzzle design and all, but the game is so flexible that there is always an alternative solution to find for people who are smart and persistent enough. Always.
It's also flexible to where if you aren't smart enough to figure out the intended solve you can sometimes come up with hamfisted ridiculousness to just get through it.

Yeah I'm talking about me. 😅

It's also flexible to where if you aren't smart enough to figure out the intended solve you can sometimes come up with hamfisted ridiculousness to just get through it.

Yeah I'm talking about me. 😅
I still wish we could get a postgame unlock that gives us infinite Zonai gadgets and lets us use them in the shrines

I want to solve those puzzles in very silly ways

I still wish we could get a postgame unlock that gives us infinite Zonai gadgets and lets us use them in the shrines

I want to solve those puzzles in very silly ways

If they're allowed in Proving Grounds shrines, I can't wait to use the Irene-inator to obliterate all required Constructs in the blink of an eye.

If they're allowed in Proving Grounds shrines, I can't wait to use the Irene-inator to obliterate all required Constructs in the blink of an eye.
I would LOVE to construct death automatons to battle the enemy... death automatons

I got Dune and Dune Messiah on Audible by taking advantage of some free credit. Might be a bit before I get to listening to them but I am excited.

Shit, haven't posted here much lately. Tbh FF7 Rebirth has been taking so much of my time and attention that I just haven't been on here much at all.

And talking about FF7 Rebirth, I got a ticket to the game's orchestral world tour in September :D At the Royal Albert Hall and everything. The game's soundtrack is seriously GOAT-level so I'm incredibly excited. That's on top of the tickets I already have for The Last of Us in Concert this May. Can't wait for either of them.

Now back to more Rebirth. I promise I'll finish it soon!

I got Dune and Dune Messiah on Audible by taking advantage of some free credit. Might be a bit before I get to listening to them but I am excited.
Dune is the only book in my entire life that I just couldn't gather the strength to finish.

Dune is the only book in my entire life that I just couldn't gather the strength to finish.
I probably would’ve been able to do it when I was younger, but my attention span has been pretty bad lately. Audiobook will fix that though lol

Shit, haven't posted here much lately. Tbh FF7 Rebirth has been taking so much of my time and attention that I just haven't been on here much at all.

And talking about FF7 Rebirth, I got a ticket to the game's orchestral world tour in September :D At the Royal Albert Hall and everything. The game's soundtrack is seriously GOAT-level so I'm incredibly excited. That's on top of the tickets I already have for The Last of Us in Concert this May. Can't wait for either of them.

Now back to more Rebirth. I promise I'll finish it soon!
I just got to Cosmo Canyon and I’ve played 60 hours so far. It’s gigantic. It’s also (combined with Remake) pretty much everything that Versus XIII promised to be.

Ever had a dream you were playing a game that didn't exist and then you woke up wanting to play it for real? I was playing a weird 3d Zelda game and now I'm sad it doesn't exist.

2024 Completed Games thread working too well? 😂
No comment

In unrelated news, my next thread will be titled "I Have A Bigger Backlog Than Yours"

I quite enjoy the slower pace both this and the direct thread are taking lately. Everyone is in chill mode.
Oh definitely, it's nice to have a spot of peace and quiet.

Ever had a dream you were playing a game that didn't exist and then you woke up wanting to play it for real? I was playing a weird 3d Zelda game and now I'm sad it doesn't exist.
I dreamt about playing a beautiful Pokemon-themed business sim once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom