• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay it’s finally coming over! Wonder if crunchy is dubbing it(since the game seems to have one, they dubbed the theme)
Dubbed theme:

Last edited:
Just got my haircut and I feel like they nerded up my hair. I kept it longer on the sides than I usually do so maybe it's just cause I'm not used to it but it definitely feels kinda dorky to me.

Just got my haircut and I feel like they nerded up my hair. I kept it longer on the sides than I usually do so maybe it's just cause I'm not used to it but it definitely feels kinda dorky to me.
I didn’t know people even still worried about “dork hair”

but then again, I’m familiar with being particular about haircuts. which is very much part of why I tend not to get them.

a hairdresser inexperienced in the realm of vibe can make an extremely queer haircut go karen or worse in no time at all

Last edited:
I forget which thread I said it in but the other day I realized I'd love to have Sega at least do accessories like controllers and such. I loved their bigger controllers, always way more comfy for my hands and wrists, and if I could play a Nintendo system with a big cool modern Sega controller I'd just squeal.

As far as them coming fully back into the console space, I could see them making a move if Xbox really does shift more towards being a storefront than a "console." I could totally see myself having a Nintendo system for the hybrid ability and the Mario/Zelda/Square goodness, then a nice Sega stationary console that can do their own software plus the omg-graphics third party games.

Basically I could see Sega slot in where Xbox kinda has been for this gen, and maybe ride the storm better by not blowing so much dough on corporate buyouts and shit. Just make cool, creative first-party games like the Dreamcast days and have a solid platform for other devs to build PC/PS-level games for, voila.

And a really cool, comfy controller.
Oh I agree 100%. And Yes Sega controllers are my fav. They really are so comfortable lol. Tbh I think the dreamcast controller is still my favorite.

every kid I see only has a flip phone and they just text their friends, brainrot lol

every kid I see only watches flash animations on funny junk dot com and eats pop tarts, brainrot lol

every kid I see only has an iPod and can’t do anything without listening to music, brainrot lol

every kid I see only plays their Nintendo with the little Mario man non-stop, brainrot lol

every kid I see only has a walkman and they just listen to tapes all the time, brainrot lol

you uh

you see how this works?
Texting friends, Watching well made animations, Listening to music, with an Ipod or a walkman is not brainrot.

ai generated content like this is brainrot. You cannot even compare this to the others. Not even remotely.

This has 168 million views. Idk how you can compare this to a kid texting their friends or someone listening to music? Like how can you even compare them?

Every generation has junk people consume. As sucky as it is to see people (especially kids) consume that, we shouldn't act like as if our generations didn't fall for absolute garbage.

I used to read Goosebumps unironically and consume awful cereal because the colors were bright and the commercials were fun. McDonalds was the hangout to be for their play places in the 90s. Outside of exceptions, most cartoons in the 80s and early 90s were glorified toy commercials.

And the ramifications of those toy commercials can be felt in landfills and sweatshops across the globe to this day.

Years ago, I put pancakes in the blender because I thought it would be like pancake mashed potatoes, which would rule. It was not very good. My mom claimed it had something to do with chemical reactions and my vision was impossible, but how can they taste so good when I'm mashing them up with my teeth then? I still believe there must be a way to make it work. Maybe I should try hitting them with a meat tenderizer.
I've often gone to Lakeview Diner ever since Guy Fieri featured it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives because this place offered an apple pie milkshake. Slice of apple pie, scoop of vanilla ice cream, blender and given a wide straw in a glass cup. That is mad delicious and absolute peak decadence.

My point being, don't let your dreams be dreams. Maybe you can't quite have pancake mash potatoes, but I do believe you can have liquified pancakes if you throw in enough maple syrup and butter, probably

Also their most recent album inexplicably had a really good cover of my favorite Billie Eilish song, which I'm still kind of reeling from.
Speaking of bands that inexplicably have really good covers of Billie Eilish songs, The Gaslight Anthem released Ocean Eyes in punk rock last week, because Brian Fallon was inspired by his daughter's taste in music while driving her to school.

Between this and his Teenage Dream cover, he truly holds nothing back when he's singing female-fronted pop songs. Makes the cover sound more authentic and truly stand out for all the right reasons, I find.

Looking at you, Michael Buble and 'Santa buddy'. What, you can't be a little gay for Santa? Coward.

@Derachi @Mekanos (and a few others that slip mind)oh man this new trailer rocks. Also we got VA’s for most of the core classic cast and they sound spot on(a lot of the original VA’s have passed. Robin Mask’s in particular has big shoes to fill considering the Og was Heihachi from Tekken)

@Derachi @Mekanos (and a few others that slip mind)oh man this new trailer rocks. Also we got VA’s for most of the core classic cast and they sound spot on(a lot of the original VA’s have passed. Robin Mask’s in particular has big shoes to fill considering the Og was Heihachi from Tekken)

Hmmm most of them sound good. They nailed the voice for Stecasseking.

Warsman sounds a little too high pitched imo

You know I was just thinking of Kinnikuman earlier, but I still think I'll hold off on watching this until I read the original manga

I wanted to try to watch the OG anime too, but there aren't complete subs for it sadly

Someone explain this to me. A guy in my office refuses to wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom, but he walks around wearing a mask.

My dude, don't you realize how many germs are on your hands?

/rant

Dork hair is better than no hair (speaking from experience)

Applies for grey hair too.

Around christmas time, the Mrs. tried to tease me a bit, saying "You get more and more grey hair, so much that it's even visible through your blonde ones".

Took it in a moment and just replied "Well, my hair have two options, turn grey or fall out. Thankfully, they agree that i would look dumb without them!"

Someone explain this to me. A guy in my office refuses to wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom, but he walks around wearing a mask.

/rant
I would actively avoid literally anyone who doesn’t wash their hands after using the bathroom. That’s genuinely disgusting

Yoshi rides are in testing and operation. It may just be a kiddie ride, but I love the aesthetics of the Japanese one.

/rant

Like, refuse refuse? Or just kinda absent minded about it? That's disgusting regardless.

Texting friends, Watching well made animations, Listening to music, with an Ipod or a walkman is not brainrot.

ai generated content like this is brainrot. You cannot even compare this to the others. Not even remotely.

let me maybe clarify that I am lampooning what you're saying

other people have literally said the same about other things in the times those things were popular

y'all don't give kids credit

Yoshi rides are in testing and operation. It may just be a kiddie ride, but I love the aesthetics of the Japanese one.

Like, refuse refuse? Or just kinda absent minded about it? That's disgusting regardless.

Everytime I am in the bathroom with him, he just heads straight for the door and doesn't even look at the sink.

Normal people should be so tired that putting on pants is already an achievement in the morning.
How do you know the tiredness didn't contribute to me talking about drinking Popeye's blackened ranch?

I didn’t know people even still worried about “dork hair”
ooooooooooooooooooooooooh buddy you shoulda seen my last haircut

like fuck

Oh I agree 100%. And Yes Sega controllers are my fav. They really are so comfortable lol. Tbh I think the dreamcast controller is still my favorite.
Yessssssssssss the DC controller ❤️

Applies for grey hair too.

Around christmas time, the Mrs. tried to tease me a bit, saying "You get more and more grey hair, so much that it's even visible through your blonde ones".

Took it in a moment and just replied "Well, my hair have two options, turn grey or fall out. Thankfully, they agree that i would look dumb without them!"

everyone’s so fucking weird about grey hair. grey hair is great, cowards! embrace it!

Well, one of them now almost only focuses on presentation, while the rest of the "game" is being done in a "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" approach.
The others redefine, evolve, reinvent but never lose focus of the core of the games, and they have developers remember that there's more to a game than presentation and spectacle.

Personally, i would also put Sonic in the FF team and not in the other team. ;D
Sonic is very popular with kids though. I've worked with kids who love the series and the box office success of the movies is not driven by nostalgic adults.

I have lost my hair on the top o' my head but the rest of my hair and beard are growing in more grey all the time and it is dope. I can't wait until I have a huge grey beard

How do you know the tiredness didn't contribute to me talking about drinking Popeye's blackened ranch?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh buddy you shoulda seen my last haircut

like fuck

Yessssssssssss the DC controller ❤️
Dude every weekend I boot up my dreamcast and Ill play Crazy Taxi, and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and go in the chao garden. and Ill have the little chao in my vmu like a tiny tomagotchi. I legit love everything about the dreamcast. I am starting to collect all the games that interest me for the system.

let me maybe clarify that I am lampooning what you're saying

other people have literally said the same about other things in the times those things were popular

y'all don't give kids credit
I dont think everything kids watch or do noawadays are brain rot. Just like the really weird ai generated youtube videos. I give them a pass though I agree every generation says this about the younger generation. I do understand lol.

I just dont like the princess elsa from frozen farting into spidermans mouth videos and then spiderman becomes pregnant with baby elsa videos xD

This has 168 million views. Idk how you can compare this to a kid texting their friends or someone listening to music? Like how can you even compare them?

your original quote:

Every kid I see only has an ipad and they just watch youtube shorts brainrot lol

so what we have here is a classic “kids these days” wannabe dunk

a format that almost always sucks, belittles youth, and misses the point

my “comparison” — a tongue-in-cheek list of similar statements that have literally, not hypothetically, been made — highlights that the constant “shitting on kids” takes sound fucking ridiculous in hindsight

which you quite elegantly demonstrated yourself

the aging sanctimonious have decried youth for eons. to everyone’s detriment, I’d say.

like c’mon. there are tablets where oldheads ream the youth for disinterest in linen-weaving.

but let’s break down the incredulity further:

you bring AI into the conversation — sure! fuck AI. AI videos fucking suck shit and the engagement farms coughing them out blow.

why are you blaming the kids for that?

your original post decries YouTube shorts, not AI. the thing about content, shockingly, is there’s lots of it — for better or worse!

like christ, I’ve published YouTube shorts.

all these “brain rot ipad kids” you describe are probably watching shit they can discuss with friends, or learning new skills, or seeing things that make them laugh, or just taking a goddamn look around at the wide and blazing world.

of course some AI trash is gonna end up in there. would you really distance agency so far from them that you’d assume that’s all they’re watching? would you truly imagine that everyone watches these clusterfucks in an earnest, obedient haze — not because they’re fucking bizarre? not to laugh about with friends?

like if you’re saying nothing before is like this… that all animation in the flash days was pure peak artistry and not literally frog in a blender or rathergood level shit… you’re just wrong. like a decade and a half ago we all had a wild one with fucking “YouTube Poops”

of course we enjoy all of those things on their own merits! of course I respect their creation more than anything that comes from AI. but it was all shit we witnessed, that I’m sure our forebears mocked us for. why would you forward that?

and you wanna talk about listening to music? what do you think the PMRC situation was? Body Count? every damn time someone older than you has been like “god what is that horrible noise you’re listening to?”

as though developments in portable music listening didn’t seem indecent and weird to stuck up old fucks when they were new and the kids got into them. they were! people were fucking shitty about it!

and texting? you better fucking believe it. how many times did you hear shit like “oh yr too busy texting, heh heh heh” etc?

as if at every point kids didn’t have some of their own agency in that. while simultaneously being ridiculed and curtailed of any agency by adults who say shit like “brainrot lol.”

do I really have to clarify this on a videogame forum? when videogames were one of the biggest hot-button moral panics of an age most of us experienced directly??

“kids playing all these videogames, brainrot lol”

like come on! don’t perpetuate the same shit! if you don’t understand why kids might enjoy watching YouTube shorts, maybe it’s not yours to understand

just saying “brainrot lol” sucks

and before you tell me that it’s here, on this forum, where no one can see…

did you read game forums as a kid? either as a guest or a member?

I guarantee you that there are people here reading this shit who are canonically kids. I promise you’re giving them another reason not to trust adults or think we’re way out of fuckin’ touch.

so yeah — I’m not being unreasonable here in my criticism of your comment. feel free to clap back, I certainly can’t and won’t stop you. but like… damn. I’m not gonna lay off a comment like “all the kids have brainrot”

alright so that whole rant was unnecessary since you posted between when I started typing and stopped lmao

you don’t have to like AI videos! I certainly don’t! but the comment really came across as insulting kids, and defending it came across like defending insulting kids, lmao

I JUST GOT A RESPONSE FROM ONE OF THE JOBS I APPLIED TO AND THEY WANT TO SCHEDULE A PHONE MEETING!!!!!
k8qgc7I.gif

It's a two day holiday in mexico, but since I'm working for a US company right now, I'm the only one in the building (plus the guards)

I sat down for a break in one of those hospital open areas with a piano open to play, and I shit you not after a few minutes a kid who looked about 12 walked over and started playing the Hollow Knight main theme.

I’m taking this as a sign from the heavens that Silksong news is imminent.

everyone’s so fucking weird about grey hair. grey hair is great, cowards! embrace it!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those just for men commercials or whatever and thought the after was an improvement. Like it’s always here’s a hot salt & pepper professor who has so much more confidence now that he looks like Mr mid life crisis.

I haven't watched a movie since January of last year and yet I find myself wanting to end the drought with Dark Phoenix of all movies.

Playing Unicorn Overlord (I keep wanting to call it Operation Unicorn for some reason) I like it but not as much as I thought I would. I definitely had more fun with Star Ocean 2. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

Time for some gaming
Hmmm most of them sound good. They nailed the voice for Stecasseking.

Warsman sounds a little too high pitched imo
Actually looked some of them up, and what the heck this is a freaking top tier A-class cast. Terryman is Jotaro’s va, Ramenman is Kuro Sensei from assassination classroom/Sly Cooper, Robin Mask is Volfogg/GoseiKnight/modern Kenshiro(FOTNS), Buffaloman is the modern voice of Guile and the pod from Nier Automata, and Stecasse King is Natsu from Fairy Tail XD. Just to name a few. I get it’s a prestige series in Japan, but boy Production IG is going all out especially since it’s a multi-cour.

Is the new Mario and Donkey kong game and Princess Peach Showtime both suppose to be easy? Because Im quickly getting bored by them.
Peach for sure. Mario vs. DK does get more difficult once you beat the first set of worlds, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom