• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sat in a little local restaurant and usually they have the tvs turned to sports or whatever but today one of them it turned to Nickelodeon, and they happen to be playing the Sonic movie.

A lady and her kid (like gotta be 5 or under) sat behind me, and the kid just lit up and went "They have SONIC on the TV!!" then put on like a fake posh accent and went "Excellent choice, mother. Excellent choice."

🤣

@Derachi when it’s pointed out that all the Suguru’s are here in the new Kinnikuman show, Nisei’s old Suguru is now the Va of Chairperson XD. Live long enough and you become your bitter rival XD

Just sat in a little local restaurant and usually they have the tvs turned to sports or whatever but today one of them it turned to Nickelodeon, and they happen to be playing the Sonic movie.

A lady and her kid (like gotta be 5 or under) sat behind me, and the kid just lit up and went "They have SONIC on the TV!!" then put on like a fake posh accent and went "Excellent choice, mother. Excellent choice."

🤣
The most unbelievable part of this story is Nick playing something other than Spongebob or The Loud House.

Welp, looks like my TV's not working anymore. The adapter was working until it suddenly wasn't and nothing I try seems to work. Guess I'll be playing my Switch on handheld mode for a while.

Of course the Stellar Blade demo comes out when my 11 year old TV goes on the fritz! FUCK!!!!

🤣

There's no need to lie. You can just say it was you shouting about Sonic. You don't have to come up with some fake story about some kid.

how and why would a game crash for some but not for others? ff7 rebirth has crashed 33 times going by my error history. obviously the vast majority of people haven’t been facing crashing at all, but there are so many accounts of it doing so for others online, that it’s now a trending page on square enix’s support site.

like, i just played another game for an hour or so and no crashes. i played rebirth for 5 minutes and it just kept on crashing. i’m like literally at the end of the game and i wanna know what happens but can’t. so sucks for me i guess? i’ve tried all of the “fixes” suggested by support but to no avail. i doubt the customer support team will do anything except tell me to do those things again, but i’ve messaged them anyway.

the fact that i can play other games with no issues has me inclined to believe it’s a software issue and not a hardware one. sooooooo frustrating, especially since i’ve been waiting to play for so long.

I just beaten Super Metroid for the first time, what a game, playing them without a guide is super satisfying too,

I may not play it right away but I will get to Metroid fusion soon.

Just putting it out there, but the second Xenoblade 3 artbook leaked, so for those who don't want to get spoiled, try avoiding the leaks.

aight rolled credits on horizon. I haven't touched this in years now so I forgot everything about the game leading up to this so i cant comment on that but there's another classic AAA final battle that's just a strong enemy reskinned. it's a shame boss battles nowadays are either that, souls rollfests or qtes. truly a lost art it seems.

I think the Nostalgia in me is excited to replay Paper Mario Thousand Year Door now.

Also. It’s been a long while. Maybe I’ll be more fond of it now, especially if they add any QOL

stumbled across guessthe.game recently and have been working through the archive. Not to humble brag but it's a weird mix of pride and embarrassment just how many of these I've been able to nail on the first guess

how and why would a game crash for some but not for others? ff7 rebirth has crashed 33 times going by my error history. obviously the vast majority of people haven’t been facing crashing at all, but there are so many accounts of it doing so for others online, that it’s now a trending page on square enix’s support site.

like, i just played another game for an hour or so and no crashes. i played rebirth for 5 minutes and it just kept on crashing. i’m like literally at the end of the game and i wanna know what happens but can’t. so sucks for me i guess? i’ve tried all of the “fixes” suggested by support but to no avail. i doubt the customer support team will do anything except tell me to do those things again, but i’ve messaged them anyway.

the fact that i can play other games with no issues has me inclined to believe it’s a software issue and not a hardware one. sooooooo frustrating, especially since i’ve been waiting to play for so long.
That is really weird, I had no issues with the game. Did you get it physically or digitally? And have you tried completely deleting it and reinstalling?

That is really weird, I had no issues with the game. Did you get it physically or digitally? And have you tried completely deleting it and reinstalling?
I got it digitally, and yep tried deleting it and reinstalling it, tried rebuilding my ps5’s database, moving it into a more open area in case it was overheating, changing which drive it’s installed on, unplugging the console for 2 minutes and plugging it back in, everything shy of sending it back to sony for repair i’ve done it lol

I got it digitally, and yep tried deleting it and reinstalling it, tried rebuilding my ps5’s database, moving it into a more open area in case it was overheating, changing which drive it’s installed on, unplugging the console for 2 minutes and plugging it back in, everything shy of sending it back to sony for repair i’ve done it lol
Wow, that is just so bizarre. Like I can't imagine what could be causing just that game to crash constantly for you while I haven't had a single crash in 80 hours. Really sucks that it's happening to you, and I hope you can get some sort of resolution on that soon.

I am playing Ace Combat 7 on easy.

Easy.

It is absolutely goddamn kicking my ass.

What the fuck.

After beating Mario Golf GBC, I graduated to Golf 64. Maybe I just really suck at putting.

But now I'm more concerned that I'm actually half interested in the sport. I actually looked up youtube videos of Albatrosses in curiosity. Cursed Mario, getting me interested in a sport I didn't care about.

I just found a copy of Super Metroid for SNES at a store I like today. I went ahead and picked it up since the guy said it's becoming hard to find locally.

I just beat the game on switch and it was amazing. Kinda funny how it all works out.

March was what people were saying last year, at the same event where Nintendo was showing the system off behind closed doors. And now we have multiple people saying they have even more sources saying March is it.

A Direct won't change that. March has been it since before we were even tripping about this year's Direct.

Matter of fact, I'll bet my avatar on it.

Yall hear me??

If the Switch 2 isn't revealed in March
I'll change my happy lil Sonic plushie avatar
to a sad lil Sonic plushie avatar.
Welp

Really underrated channel. If you are a fan of Game Makers Toolkit, you should check this channel as well. They're great companion pieces.

So I’ve been getting into my gaming PC for the past month. When it comes to certain games, like Baldur’s Gate 3, it’s definitely my preferred way to play. Since I’ll always need a computer for one reason or another, I’ll probably just stick with gaming rigs over laptops going forward

my brother got me some games from malaysia, now to see if i can take a break from picross to play some of them

ODgpiVL.jpeg

I just beaten donkey Kong country, what an amazing game and in my opinion the pinnacle of the 2d platforming genre. Wonder is great, but DKC was something special

I may try to finish Mario vs DK next

Just got done with some long overdue Spring cleaning. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be taking an overdue shower.

Oh, and the TV's working again. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about buying a new one for a while, though I have seen some cheap 4K TVs, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out.

Rewatched Advent Children last night. Why would I do such a terrible thing you ask? Having finished Rebirth, I thought it was a good time revisit it to see how it holds up. Those graphics, they are definitely dated. So is the English voice acting or rather, the voice direction. The dialogue? Dilly dally shilly shally. A lot of focus on The Turks and Vincent. It's as if Square was also trying to sell games starring those characters around the same time. Also lots of shots of flip phones. I completely forgot about the scene all of the main cast show up one by one, do some action thing, say a few lines of dialogue, and then the kid whose name I forget looks on with amusement. And I also forgot that there's no one but two scenes of grown ass men telling kids to get in the water with them. Also how does Cloud drive a motorcycle from Midgar to the Forgotten Capital which is located on another continent?

The remixes of the old FF7 tunes are still good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom