• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Mirage looks like it could be more of a style of AC I might actually be interested in trying out again, so some mild optimism there
  • Everything else: Don't care
  • Skull and Bones: Yeah, sure, lol

Where's Immortals 2 Ubisoft

The Zelda craze is real, y'all should be getting on that

I'll take Gears anything at this point. Coalition, where are you?

It sounded like at least portion of the studio was working on a new IP that got scrapped so I think the rumor is that they're all back to working on Gears. I'm hoping to see at least a teaser this year but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still a ways off.

Well shit. Going to have to buy the DLC for this so I can keep playing it. Hopefully there will be another sale before the shutdown

What's so insane about TOTK is that it's one of the most complex games I've ever seen in terms of all its systems, and yet I haven't come across so much as a single glitch, and this at a time when it seems like every other AAA game is releasing with more bugs than a square mile of jungle.

Absolutely mind-boggling how they pulled this off.

What's so insane about TOTK is that it's one of the most complex games I've ever seen in terms of all its systems, and yet I haven't come across so much as a single glitch, and this at a time when it seems like every other AAA game is releasing with more bugs than a square mile of jungle.

A delayed game is eventually good.

seeing comments of people begging for totk to be put on PC because it makes financial sense. yeah buddy it makes sense for nintendo to put their games on pc where they have to share their cut with valve or epic vs in their own store where they take everything. sure. makes sense to me. we all know corporations love making less money.

seeing comments of people begging for totk to be put on PC because it makes financial sense. yeah buddy it makes sense for nintendo to put their games on pc where they have to share their cut with valve or epic vs in their own store where they take everything. sure. makes sense to me. we all know corporations love making less money.
I know some people who are adamant about having Nintendo publish games on PC now that Sony and MS are doing it. Nintendo's primary moneymaker is their hardware so they're never gonna put stuff on PC that will limit their ability to lure people into their ecosystem.

Cracks me up about people complaining about the recent trend of remakes.

Me with some mild movie trivia knowledge: My friend have you heard of the late 1800’s novel Ben-Hur, the early 1900’s Stage Play spectacular, the 1907 short film, the 1925 blockbuster, the 1959 academy award winning blockbuster, the little known direct to dvd 2003 animated movie, or the 2016 flop

Imagine a world where this was true
giphy.webp

Man, i would love to see/hear what devs think about TotK and what they will learn from it.

Can't be said often enough, TotK is a masterpiece of development and quality assurance work. It's something that has to be featured in the training for future game devs and game designers.

FINALLY! I know it's been just 2 days since release, but felt like an eternity!

Arrived yesterday afternoon, but I was only able to play late night after work.. conclusion? I stayed up until 2AM playing, and today I'm a zombie! But that's fine

I’ve also been staying up late this week playing, (11-12AM) but additionally, I’ve been going up at 6AM every day to squeeze in 2.5 hours of play before work.

Despite this, I’m not tired at all. The hype and excitement is like constant caffeine.

Also, congrats on getting the game!

I've said this before but what is up with the internet in general but especially Reddit when it comes to Nintendo stuff?
I just came across a post about games that got a perfect 10 or 40 from IGN/Famitsu and there are multiple upvoted replies talking about how Zelda is overrated. One especially absurd comment with multiple upvotes says Nintendo behave like a gang of gaming fascists and if you don't give their big games great reviews you won't get review copies anymore. Tbf it's not just Zelda, there are also some comments about MGS in that thread but it's mostly about Zelda being overrated by reviewers.

You see this kind of stuff all the time online and on Reddit for some reason. It seems like they're the one company people are always adamant about being overrated or the reviews not being trustworthy or whatever.

I've said this before but what is up with the internet in general but especially Reddit when it comes to Nintendo stuff?
I just came across a post about games that got a perfect 10 or 40 from IGN/Famitsu and there are multiple upvoted replies talking about how Zelda is overrated. One especially absurd comment with multiple upvotes says Nintendo behave like a gang of gaming fascists and if you don't give their big games great reviews you won't get review copies anymore. Tbf it's not just Zelda, there are also some comments about MGS in that thread but it's mostly about Zelda being overrated by reviewers.

You see this kind of stuff all the time online and on Reddit for some reason. It seems like they're the one company people are always adamant about being overrated or the reviews not being trustworthy or whatever.
People being insecure about others liking what they don't like will never stop being pathetic, no matter the context.

Well it seems my copy of Zelda TotK, one of these 10 million, will only arrive tomorrow. The store tracker still says it will arrive today, but the shipping company tracker says it will arrive tomorrow :(.
It sucks, not only because it was shipped with enough time to be here today, but also because today is a day I'd be able to play hours without any problem, tomorrow not so much.
Now I wish I paid more for a postal service shipping, it would be here today and I could even tell you at what hours it would be delivered.

People complain about fantastical manga/anime getting adapted to live action, but it’s not that it can’t be done, they just need the ones where it can thematically be cheesy and connect Better as a result.

All right, guys, who had "Astérix & Obélix card game with RPG mechanics" on their bingo card?

Personally, I can't wait to summon Caius Bonus in attack mode.

Arena vote in Phoenix failing is just another step closer to the Nordiques returning!
Lol! I wish. My NHL 94 team. Bettman will probably do anything to keep them including making them play in a municipal rink or something. If they move, I imagine it’s Houston even though it should be Canada. Honestly, Quebec and somewhere in Ontario should get teams (also let’s have fun and get the Maritimes a team and Regina!).

Edit: how could I forget the other major blight on the NHL relocation saga. Get Hartford a team! That Whalers logo is maybe the best in all of sports.

Last edited:
All right, guys, who had "Astérix & Obélix card game with RPG mechanics" on their bingo card?

Personally, I can't wait to summon Caius Bonus in attack mode.
I want Boneywasawarriorwayayix and his maggot ridden cheese. He can do some poison attack, I guess:

images

the price increase to 70 was worth it just for this

f21da68d-3091-431a-8z4d25.jpeg

I preordered the game at Best Buy right as the price increase leaked on the eShop, locking in my purchase at $60. And now I can take advantage even further by getting 70 coins increase of 60!

I know some people who are adamant about having Nintendo publish games on PC now that Sony and MS are doing it. Nintendo's primary moneymaker is their hardware so they're never gonna put stuff on PC that will limit their ability to lure people into their ecosystem.
well sony has to make up those 500 million budgets back so i see why they publish their stuff on pc + jacked up the price on their games + have a 100 GaaS games in development. shits expensive. thing is tho the PS5 is still breaking records so the idea that publishing on PC is this hidden golden goose is just not correct.

This is a real piece of trash. Three countries hosting a World Cup, and this logo would have you believe it's being played on the fucking moon.

it's reddit but how much do you want to bet that the "nintendo is fascist" redditor plays ubisoft and acti-blizz games and sees nothing wrong with it

Uhhhh, they don't send you review copies anymore, how nazi level of fascist of them LOL. If a major outlet like IGN wouldn't get anymore reviews just because they give Nintendo bad reviews, this would be much more harmful for Nintendos public relation as for IGN. I haven't heard anything like this from Nintendo, but from e.g. SquareEnix.
Also Nintendo gets bad ratings, e.g. Paper Mario got just mediocre ones, which are definitely well earned. Zelda on the other side, some people might personally dislike the general Style, but everything below a high mediocre rating is very likely a trolling attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom