• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that Nintendo will become pro-consumer in 2022?

I hope

Nintendo is making Xenoblade 3

proof they are anti-consumer

DyCqX-AXcAALH3a.jpg

Nintendo sent Pikmin to my apartment and destroyed my kitchen, so they will forever be anti-consumer.

People shout "anti-consumer" because it makes what they are complaining about sounds more significant and fundamental than it actual is. But in case some people are confused, being anti-consumer is when a company directly limits the purchasing powers of the consumer. Releasing a product you don't like isn't anti-consumer. Releasing a bad product isn't anti-consumer.

Monopolies though, for example, those are anti-consumer because it limits competition and of course limits consumer choice. Last I checked, Nintendo has plenty of competition. It hasn't done anything to harm gaming on other platforms. While I wouldn't call the relaxed use of anti-consumer by people online as something dangerous, I do think it muddies the water between two topics that are significantly different in their severity. Not like a product is disappointing but it's whatever. Actions that deliberately hinder a person's choice and buying power is something far more severe so I think people should be mindful not to conflate the two.

The phrase "anticonsumer" really grinds my gears because the people that use it never talk about the real crap like always online games, terrible DRM or Bethesda not bothering to patch games when you can have modders do it for you.

Nintendo is definitely Anti-Consumer.

I’m here ready to pay full price for a Pokémon Colosseum remake/basic remaster

And they haven’t gotten back to me.

I’m heartbroken here. They hate all 3 of us Pokémon colosseum fans.

Let us avoid subposting about whatever is happening elsewhere. Like, I understand the desire, I really do, and I might have engaged in it too if not for the wise words imparted upon us by Raccoon on several occasions.
Our sage is literally a sassy, talking forest creature.

Famiboards is anime.

Steam Deck delayed, huh? I think I'll live. Too much to play on Switch anyway.

I would take a bad dub over subtitles anyday...too lazy to read when things are in action. Standard text boxes are fine if nothing is going on, but cutscenes and the like would divert my attention too much to the subtitles and I would feel I am distracted from what is going on.

This day is so annoying.

Everyone plays elden ring (I don't want to see it... I want the full release)

Then steam deck delay... I really hoped elden ring could be my botw for the steam deck. I was in the Q1 camp and hopeful... Now I'm Q2 so I have to play it on PC when it comes out. Which will give me way less play time then I hoped for.

Still no freaking gta switch gameplay. It really kills my hype for it. At this point I might even skip it tomorrow just because I hate this kind of practice.

At least smt5 comes on Friday to safe the week.

Staff Communication

Let's cut out the inter-forum talk. This includes making references to threads on other forums to cause drama. - Donnie, EvilChameleon, hologram, mazi
You can’t tell me what to do!

Hehehe, I got em’ my fami—

gets hit by the Fami ninjas

I started Great Ace Attorney a few days ago. Beat the first case which was great, Ryunosuke is a fun protagonist and his animations crack me up.

I recently started Case 2 and the beggining was exactly what I expected. Shu Takumi can't trick me anymore!

I can do what I want. The mods won't do anything to me. They know I am a pillar of this community. Famiboards would be nowhere without me. In fact, I deserve a Founders tag next to my name. Now you may be thinking "But you didn't do anything to help set up the website and you weren't here on Day 1". Doesn't matter. I am the Christopher Columbus of this community. I may have discovered this place hundreds of years after the forum Vikings but my arrival brought in the wave of uninvited migrants. So give me a Founder tag and my own holiday for some damn reason.

Still no freaking gta switch gameplay. It really kills my hype for it. At this point I might even skip it tomorrow just because I hate this kind of practice.
Yeah, I agree. I was pretty excited to get it on Switch day one, but I guess I’m gonna hold off now until I find out how the game plays first. (Hopefully it’s just fine and ends up being nothing to worry about!)

Be funny if we get to a February Direct and Nintendo pull out the "let's talk about Metroid Prime 4 again, but only as a prelude to revealing a different Metroid title" and then they reveal Prime HD.

Or it could be a TGA reveal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom