• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumpkin pie is a terrible stress eating food. You need something you can just grab one of over and over again like chips or cookies.

My relatively healthy go-to fit stress eating lately has been homemade fries that I make in my air fryer.
See that's what I'm gonna do though. I'm gonna grab one of a whole-ass pumpkin pie

One after another? I'm not your mother, do what you want but that sounds pricey.
I saved quite a bit of money this year by Dread being the only new game I bought. So I'm good.
seriously though I'm gonna have a slice don't worry

Haven't decided yet. I'm trying to avoid going to the store again so ideally something that I have the ingredients for (i.e. flour, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, cream, cocoa, peanut butter, vanilla, etc.)

My go-to emergency bake is a Kladkakka but I'm trying to think outside the box lately. I was considering making chocolate top cookies or Blondies.
Blondies are a good option.

The one time I made blondies they turned out terrible but I think that’s more an indictment of my baking abilities and not blondies themselves

I'm about to pause SMT5. Don't get me wrong it's an amazing game but with stressful real life going on its not really comforting to play.

I did pick up tetris effect however and I was never a big tetris guy but damn this game is fun.

I also think I will get ruined king. I just need more of this universe after arcane.

The one time I made blondies they turned out terrible but I think that’s more an indictment of my baking abilities and not blondies themselves
Do you wanna know the real secret to baking? Like, the only reason why all my friends and family constantly tell me my bakes are so good?

it's following the recipe exactly, to the letter. Use the utensils it lists, the pan size, time, temperature, etc.

If you have cream cheese and chocolate chips I think you could make this with your ingredients listed. They also have a maple brown sugar pie which I think you could make if you have real maple syrup.

Chocolate peanut butter pie

Lots of good recipes from this person btw
Man you really are a pie expert.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I've made something similar to that, peanut butter cheesecake something or other, and I wasn't really a fan of the cream cheese and peanut butter flavors together. I do love the sound of a pretzel crust though!

F25-ECB0-E-DFDB-4239-85-A0-FF4-D607-BD84-F.jpg

just to clarify my angle / devil post is the music abyss

I uh… got carried away so now there are two compilations and also I made album art

Anybody else watching Arcane? Just watched the first episode and it was extremely good. Might be one of the coolest settings I've ever seen, and the animation is amazing.
I just started watching it because of good word of mouth and I agree its awesome so far. I know nothing about League of Legends characters or lore but its getting me very interested in the universe.

sold 1.396 million units in 3 days after release

Switch Hardware is at 168K

Pokemon still prints money no matter the reviews/quality of the games it seems

Anybody else watching Arcane? Just watched the first episode and it was extremely good. Might be one of the coolest settings I've ever seen, and the animation is amazing.
Arcane is phenomenal, one of the best animated TV shows I've seen in a while. And that's no shallow compliment given how many good animated TV shows have come out recently (as I'm sure you know)

I lack the musical education to properly compliment this work so I'll just say
holy shit sus

Pokemon still prints money no matter the reviews/quality of the games it seems
I'm still unsure of that. a lot of these games that ultimately disappoint usually have bad word of mouth, typically from some kind of drastic change that's unlikable. Pokemon has a rather stable floor, where, as long as they build off that, the games will be well received. I think this is why GTA Trilogy is still charting well. that floor is still there. if you made a pokemon absent of that floor, we'd might see sales affected. we kinda do with the spinoffs. we'll see how Legends do (I expect way better sales than the spinoffs)

I didn't expect it to sell this much 0.0

I posted in the dedicated thread, but BD/SP being beyond huge in Japan comes as no surprise to me as someone who was in Japan during the time of Diamond/Pearl's release window. That game was the childhood of a generation there, and those kids are now adults with money of their own.

Finished episode 3 of Arcane. I've said this once, I'll say it again.

Animation > Live-action any day of the fucking week.

I have a spare if you want one
I think I have one of those. Let me check. I can give it to you

Edit: Yes, I have a Squeakoid.
I want a squeakoid so badly but I don't want to take one from the thread

now I'll gladly buy your squeakoids for a high sum (198,000 bells each). this offer extends to everyone in the thread, and in fact I will post it in the AC thread as well

I was catching and forming my team in Diamond earlier today and came across a Scyther, debated on catching it and realized I needed to trade to evolve it.

And now I realize I could've asked someone here >.>

Okay so like
Act 3 of DQXI feels like DLC somehow
It... sort of is, in a way? It's postgame, but also kind of not postgame in that it really does wrap up a lot of things from the main game that didn't get resolved. What I love about it is how many little hints and things were there all along to a lot of its main plot points.

A lot of this will depend on how far you are into it, though.

It... sort of is, in a way? It's postgame, but also kind of not postgame in that it really does wrap up a lot of things from the main game that didn't get resolved. What I love about it is how many little hints and things were there all along to a lot of its main plot points.

A lot of this will depend on how far you are into it, though.
Yeah this is what makes it trippy to me. If a lot of things hadn't been sprinkled through the rest of the game (like the mysterious ruins near Octagonia in Act 2 or Mordegon destroying the Lantern outta goddamn nowhere with zero explanation as to why he did it or what the little dark Tockle was doing there) I would be fully convinced this was an added chapter for the "Definitive Edition" version of the game. But there's too much. Way too much for this to have been an additional afterthought. Yet it still feels like DLC where they mostly used pre-existing assets and areas to just script out a new story. I mean, it's cool as hell that this game just refuses to end, but it feels very strange.

I know Nintendo loves to sell their IPs at full price but without the black Friday sale, I wouldn't have played Astral chain.

Mind you, I heard some decent reviews about it but never could get myself to pay full price. Well after the first couple of missions, game is worth the full price. Can't believe how the colors look on the OLED. Gameplay is tight and I'm gonna have to put SMT and pokemon on the backburner for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom