• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually wasn’t a huge fan of New Snap. I donno what it is about the game, it just seems to lack the charm of the original for me. I could go back to the N64 game and run through it right now and have a good time, but I don’t feel any drive to go back to New Snap after rolling credits. I haven’t even bothered to check out the new courses.
Where's the 'ignore' function on this site? 😉

🧐

SO1GVQn.png
This is very good to see IMO. I've always been of the opinion that expanding their own studios is far better than acquiring external ones.

Random question: anyone here 1) have a fitness tracker they like and 2) know if they’re compatible with Niantic games (Pokemon Go, Pikmin Bloom)? Looking for my girlfriend for Christmas maybe haha (no one tell her!)

I’ll say this: she does NOT want a smartwatch, and she’s on Android.

I thought SMTV reviews were hitting this morning.
its taking a bit because all the game reviewers had to turn on the more powerful servers to process the reviews because the scores were so high they crashed the old servers

Random question: anyone here 1) have a fitness tracker they like and 2) know if they’re compatible with Niantic games (Pokemon Go, Pikmin Bloom)? Looking for my girlfriend for Christmas maybe haha (no one tell her!)

I’ll say this: she does NOT want a smartwatch, and she’s on Android.
Not much is actually compatible with Pokemon Go, only Apple Watch and Google Fit are integrated with it. So its a matter of finding something compatible with Google Fit, which will be the Android WearOS devices, honestly just your phone does this if you turn it on, no device needed. Fitbits do not sync with Google Fit.

Not much is actually compatible with Pokemon Go, only Apple Watch and Google Fit are integrated with it. So its a matter of finding something compatible with Google Fit, which will be the Android WearOS devices, honestly just your phone does this if you turn it on, no device needed. Fitbits do not sync with Google Fit.
hmmmm ok, gotcha.

Super weird, because wasn’t Fitbit just acquired by Google?

hmmmm ok, gotcha.

Super weird, because wasn’t Fitbit just acquired by Google?
Yeah it is weird...i think they announced plans to converge the two ecosystems but they arent there yet..there are some 3rd party apps that try to sync fitbit to google fit, but they never worked consistanty for my wife. Sadly, the fitness tracking side of android is years behind apple.

Damn, Forza Horizon 5 breaking the 90 MC barrier for this year, with several publications calling it the best FH game and arguably the best racing game ever made. I'm stoked to see how they've shaken up progression - many reviews are saying that the overhauled progression system really allows each player to prioritize the kinds of races and events they prefer in the franchise.

My OLED TV and Series X boutta make me drooooooool

Nintendo, why are you releasing New Super Mario Bros U on Switch for $60?
Casually sells 1 million copies in a random quarter It's free real estate!

I hope you were physically threatened with a good birthday.
Funnily enough, it happened two years ago right around my birthday XD

This reminds me of a post I saw in a FB retrogaming group, where someone got a GCN with games like Sunshine, 1080, F-Zero, GB Player, freaking Paper Mario 2 and more for just 120€. Fucking steal. PM2 alone is that much worth
I got the physical threat selling GCN games. Had a lot of the big Nintendo one's and I guess the person got angry I didn't sell to him. Because I was living in a smaller town, he threatened that he knew where I was and to watch my back.

It was surreal.

I got banned from Resetera for 5 days for saying I didn’t think Xbox’s first party lineup was currently spectacular and that I thought Nintendo and Sony’s lineups were better at this time. I think it was a fair assessment tbh.
Careful now, there is still a Report button on famiboard

I got banned from Resetera for 5 days for saying I didn’t think Xbox’s first party lineup was currently spectacular and that I thought Nintendo and Sony’s lineups were better at this time. I think it was a fair assessment tbh.
Well. To be fair, we’ll Need to see the context of your ban.

Stop going on there

I actually wasn’t a huge fan of New Snap. I donno what it is about the game, it just seems to lack the charm of the original for me. I could go back to the N64 game and run through it right now and have a good time, but I don’t feel any drive to go back to New Snap after rolling credits. I haven’t even bothered to check out the new courses.

New Pokemon Snap - Pokemon Snap, without the heart.

The thread title was ‘Xbox first party lineup is spectacular’. That was my response to it. I genuinely didn’t consider it trolling or platform warring in any way. It was just my honest opinion.
I mean Xbox has the potential to have an amazing first party line up..but crazy to say they have it now...even they know they dont...hence why they bought bethesda.

Just saw the sales threads. RFA catching up to Splatoon 2. Pokemon Sw/Sh almost the second best selling game. This is a controversial opinion but it's deserved. I put over 900+ hours in that game (most of it was breeding) and it's a fun game.

New Pokemon Snap - Pokemon Snap, without the heart.
I love New Snap dearly, but honestly for all its improvements, it does lack the soul. I can't even think of any Pokemon outside of Pikachu that you hear say their name; it's all just generic animal noises, snoring, roars, barks, chirps and hisses.

Music was also a touch lacklustre, but I was willing to overlook it for all the content added (even with the free DLC) and branching paths and so many interactions you could witness.

Got my collector's edition of SMTV early and it has some really cool behind the scenes footage of how the game was developed:

tIFlTn.gif

Whoa. I didn't realize The Simpsons had plagiarized Hunter x Hunter.

Honestly: SMT V is going to be so good.

I love New Snap dearly, but honestly for all its improvements, it does lack the soul. I can't even think of any Pokemon outside of Pikachu that you hear say their name; it's all just generic animal noises, snoring, roars, barks, chirps and hisses.

Music was also a touch lacklustre, but I was willing to overlook it for all the content added (even with the free DLC) and branching paths and so many interactions you could witness.

Well, tbf saying their names is just the anime, no? Pikachu and Eevee are the only Pokémon that have its name as its cry in-game in main (I think?).

That being said, I also loved New Snap but don't think it surpasses the original.

Yeah there was something missing. I liked the game but then I fell off before completing it. I think I'll go back to it eventually. Maybe there is too much to do in each level that takes it away from me, which would be a weird complaint lol. I just remember being like "Oh I have to do this but I also have to do that. There this branching path I could take, etc etc."

Just having a new Pokemon Snap game come out and sell over 2 million prior to the holidays is still really awesome.

I disagree with New Snap lacking soul. The interactions the pokemon have are reminiscent of the original and combined with the branching paths, seeing them in a whole new light added much more than the original did when it came to exploring the world.

Music I agree.

Looks like the new EDGE reviews dropped and they gave Dread an 8. So yeah I think its meta is going to drop some.

Well, tbf saying their names is just the anime, no? Pikachu and Eevee are the only Pokémon that have its name as its cry in-game in main (I think?).

That being said, I also loved New Snap but don't think it surpasses the original.
Even the first Pokemon Snap though, I distinctly recall the Meowth in the first level of the game, and I swear Electabuzz was houting his name with Nixon-esque jowls in the electrical factory, plus the "Bulba!"s in the jungle river. Pikachu and Eevee having their actual names instead of midi chips was only a recent development in the mainline games iirc.

Yeah there was something missing. I liked the game but then I fell off before completing it. I think I'll go back to it eventually. Maybe there is too much to do in each level that takes it away from me, which would be a weird complaint lol. I just remember being like "Oh I have to do this but I also have to do that. There this branching path I could take, etc etc."
Truthfully there is a lot to do and having to constantly retrace routes can get tedious, especially if it's the difference between a three and four start photo depending on pose and it's just one Pokemon left. I do intend to complete the dex for at least one photo each of all in-game Pokemon, but once I do I'm quite content to hang the game up for a while; some of those people with an overal 4,000,000+ high score I know I won't ever touch. I'm quite content to be in the top 83,000 with around 2.3 million points haha

Just having a new Pokemon Snap game come out and sell over 2 million prior to the holidays is still really awesome.

I disagree with New Snap lacking soul. The interactions the pokemon have are reminiscent of the original and combined with the branching paths, seeing them in a whole new light added much more than the original did when it came to exploring the world.

Music I agree.
Ahh, maybe lack of soul was the wrong phrase to use. I agree that the interactions are reminiscent and even exceed the rose coloured nostalgia for the N64 game, plus branching paths gives so much depth (as well as time of day for varied nocturnal pokemon to appear and behave differently), but the lack of actual pokemon crying out their name really is a tad disappointing for me.

OG Snap and New Snap are very different beyond the obvious parallels. The original feels more like a pure arcade railshooter (with some puzzle aspects) even though it's sold as a photography game. New Snap goes way more into that aspect of the game at the expense of its predecessor's pick-up-and-play nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom