• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering playing in japanese... Damn weebs are getting to me, i might be turning into one
Almost all Nintendo exclusives are anime, Fire emblem, smtv, tokyo mirage sessions, Xenoblade, zelda, metroid (story is anime as fuck and it has a manga series), Mother series etc. So its kinda hard to be a nintendo fan and not be a weeb.

My copy of SMT V has shipped! I was starting to get worried it'd be delayed after that wave of emails, but it seems on course for Friday!

RTX was something the devkits from late 2020 had featured, but it was a limited form of RTX. Another piece of puzzle fits.
Sort of sounds like either an SDK-Lock or them using Clara AGX with Quadro/T400/T600's
clara_agx.jpg

T400_3QTR-Left.png

Or am I off on that.
As IMHO, the closest thing to actually getting to Dane before Orin NX would be that sort of config. (Although at this point devs likely have actual Dane Silicon Devkits)

Last edited:
I played a bit of Balan Wonderworld on Switch, and while it‘s very unpolished, it‘s fun. Maybe I like it because of my low expectations? I don‘t know.

To some degree, rushed is probably a better term, although there's a subjective line beyond which I think unfinished makes some amount of sense. Nearly every game has content cut from it during development or areas which could have used more polish, but it's uncommon that you really feel it while playing to the degree that you do with games like Sunshine, Windwaker, or Sword and Shield.

To give a counterexample, Xenoblade 2 was pretty obviously rushed and unpolished at launch, bit at no point while playing it did I get the sense it was an incomplete experience.
That's fair! I definitely feel the same way when I play those games

the best nintendo series aren't anime

pikmin, star fox, f-zero, punch-out, wii sports
Those are all anime.

The only Nintendo series that's not anime is Startropics because nobody who can draw anime/manga has heard of it

Staff Communication
Image removed due to site rules regarding piracy. Please do not post images or links that lead to piracy hubs - Donnie, Mazi

This is crazy, the bastards finally did it.

I'd wondered for years why they didn't just give you an option at the start of the game to choose which version you want to play, or set a flag near the start based on some small decisions you make that are obfuscated from the user.

Practically speaking this discovery demands no more outrage than the original practice of selling two versions of the same game. It's just that now we see they've made the process more streamlined on their end.

It's still a gross practice and sucks, but I think this discovery is kind of hilarious. Everybody was concerned that only Diamond had leaked, until someone discovered it was also Pearl.

I'd wondered for years why they didn't just give you an option at the start of the game to choose which version you want to play, or set a flag near the start based on some small decisions you make that are obfuscated from the user.

Practically speaking this discovery demands no more outrage than the original practice of selling two versions of the same game. It's just that now we see they've made the process more streamlined on their end.

It's still a gross practice and sucks, but I think this discovery is kind of hilarious. Everybody was concerned that only Diamond had leaked, until someone discovered it was also Pearl.

Apparently the games have worked like that for quite a while.

Whenever someone posts something from Twitter or Reddit, I question why they even bother going there in the first place and ponder if their brains can be saved or if it's too late.

Whenever someone posts something from Twitter or Reddit, I question why they even bother going there in the first place and ponder if their brains can be saved or if it's too late.
Tbh I'm mostly on reddit for the theme park news and memes. I was on Twitter too, but I recently deleted my account on that.

I'm on Reddit because there's a good Chrono Trigger sub there. I'm on Twitter because only a tiny handful of people follow me and so I can use it as a way to express thoughts and kinda shout into the void while knowing nobody will ever see or care. It's cathartic. But for actual, real conversation I choose Famiboards!
LOL I'm a commercial
OMG GUYS speak of the devil, I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for FedEx to deliver a package and a lady JUST walked past me wearing a StarFox t-shirt!!! THERE ARE DOZENS OF US!!!!
I just realized I should've said "nice anime shirt!" and taken note of her reaction for this debate.

Last edited:
I think the implication is that we're looking at 2 RT cores total (if they're there) so yeah limited raytracing fits with that.
RTX support was something they had been tweaking due to power draw. It was being tested for undocked but battery life was being impacted in a bigger way than desired.

However, the bigger takeaway should be that RTX is something devkits from 2020 had featured & the info today should serve as further evidence that the tech info shared throughout 2021 has been accurate.

I'm hoping either Kirby or Splatoon 3 arrive in the first few months of 2022 as I'm not into SMT or Pokémon and would love to know when the next Switch game that I'd buy will come out.

Was hoping for Panzer Dragoon Zwei Remake and Trine 4 Melody of Mystery to keep me going in the meantime, both were meant to come out this year, but both have gone into radio silence.

Hey Fami! I took advantage of Target’s B2G1 sale (plus used my Target Circle rewards) and bought some Switch games: Dying Light, Tony Hawk 1+2, and a physical copy of Hades.
(The former will get to my house on Thursday and I got the latter two today!)

I’m really happy about my decision, but I may need an intervention. I’m still off work due to lower back issues, and I’m getting kinda stir crazy, so my new hobby when I’m feeling bored or trapped is to buy stuff online. 😆

RTX support was something they had been tweaking due to power draw. It was being tested for undocked but battery life was being impacted in a bigger way than desired.

However, the bigger takeaway should be that RTX is something devkits from 2020 had featured & the info today should serve as further evidence that the tech info shared throughout 2021 has been accurate.
the issue is making a game with RT in mind means that they would have to make fallbacks for handheld mode. not impossible but it would be more work. maybe they can just go with a screen space fallback and call it good

If we go based off of the Japanese definition of "anime," this is absolutely correct.
that's why I call everything comics and cartoons. and I still see people upset

I think the implication is that we're looking at 2 RT cores total (if they're there) so yeah limited raytracing fits with that.
Actually, RT cores are there, they are baked into the Orin Architecture.
a7eIoPq.png

The caveat is that it's 1 RT core per 2SMs vs 1RT core per SM on Desktop Ampere.

But the main takeaway is that it would now literally cost Nintendo to remove the RT cores, as they are ingrained in the architecture.

But even considering 8SMs (which is the most likely config now thanks to Orin NX), that would be 4RT cores which considering they are 2nd Gen Ampere RT cores with likely tweaks as well, it would be enough for accelerating Lumen, RTXGI (NVIDIA's own RTGI solution that is scalable enough to run on the Xbox One), and RT Shadows.

Heck, maybe give it to Saber or Panic and they could get RT Reflections working at 1080p after DLSS maybe.

the issue is making a game with RT in mind means that they would have to make fallbacks for handheld mode. not impossible but it would be more work. maybe they can just go with a screen space fallback and call it good

that's why I call everything comics and cartoons. and I still see people upset
Likely why they wanted RTX, even in limited form, present in handheld mode -- to simplify matters. The info on this matter is months old, so tweaks could have been made since I heard of it back in January.

Heck, maybe give it to Saber or Panic and they could get RT Reflections working at 1080p after DLSS maybe.
360p reflections (with filtering), 540p render resolution, 1080p output

the whole smorgasbord!

Likely why they wanted RTX, even in limited form, present in handheld mode -- to simplify matters. The info on this matter is months old, so tweaks could have been made since I heard of it back in January.
well RT is pretty scalable. and we don't know if this is using DLSS or not. I think they can get there. we've seen RT on some very low end devices already with no acceleration

NgWFa6bp1oViwWwdfVYU1Wwy8_w8O0bsinJjyLZGD7M.jpg

Been a tiring day for me. Finally a game I’ve been looking at for a good while is on sale so I’m picking it up.

I won’t be getting SMTV but I will at a later point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom