• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I dropped Dread. I’ve not been playing for 3 days, today I picked it up again and I felt bored after 5 minutes. I’m at the final boss but my curiosity of knowing how the game will ends doesn’t win over my lack of interest in beating the boss. Also SMTV is coming out soon and I’m only really thinking about it.

Overall it was a fun experience but I don’t think the series is for me and I don’t think I’ll buy the next entries.

I think I dropped Dread. I’ve not been playing for 3 days, today I picked it up again and I felt bored after 5 minutes. I’m at the final boss but my curiosity of knowing how the game will ends doesn’t win over my lack of interest in beating the boss. Also SMTV is coming out soon and I’m only really thinking about it.

Overall it was a fun experience but I don’t think the series is for me and I don’t think I’ll buy the next entries.
Dread kinda just ends so not missing much lol.

I still hope the Donkey Kong rumors are real, the series needs a great game for this console generation.

I used to be a tad disappointed on it being 2D, but now that 3D Kirby is a thing I’m fully satisfied in terms of 3D platformers next year. Donkey Kong can stay 2D under EPD8.

I've been following the hardware discussion thread, and I have to admit, I can't understand a single word of what's being said. Y'all are way smarter then I am. The only thing I can add is that, I don't care about the hardware, except controllers, I just like video games.

....... Wait, maybe I shouldn't admit that last part.

No time to play games tonight for me.

I'm about to become a proud dad of a bun named Mr. Peanutbutter in less than 4 hours 🥰 (pics soon, I promise)

guys, hello !! this is my first post here since moving from the old forum, nice to see you all. i'm so out of the loop though, what the hell is dane lol

The only thing I can add is that, I don't care about the hardware, except controllers,
Shamelessly admit I would be more interested in “next console” talk if rumors included new improved joycons with 4k rumble , analog triggers , super infrared that could burn a hole in ones skull , and new color options (maybe pastels ).

Shamelessly admit I would be more interested in “next console” talk if rumors included new improved joycons with 4k rumble , analog triggers , super infrared that could burn a hole in ones skull , and new color options (maybe pastels ).
Now we're talkin! This is the important stuff. I want wacky colors like plaid or tie dye, and everything else you said. I'd buy that at a high price!

Dane to the Switch Pro :

im-the-captain-now-captain.gif

Now we're talkin! This is the important stuff. I want wacky colors like plaid or tie dye, and everything else you said. I'd buy that at a high price!
oh dang never thought about it but the plaid they used for the isabelle new 3ds faceplates would make for great joycon . Faceplates btw were 100% my number one reason for wanting a new 3ds , where are the faceplate dane rumors?!?

guys, hello !! this is my first post here since moving from the old forum, nice to see you all. i'm so out of the loop though, what the hell is dane lol

Also - what is Dane? How is Dane?

Where is Dane?

for real though, I’m completely confused.
It's the rumored code name of the Nvidia SoC in development that will be used in the next Switch.
Codename for the next switch, the chip in the next switch is nicknamed "dane"
Just like how the wii u was project cafe before it got its name, or the switch was called NX
Not quite, no.

The chip used in the original Switch has a code name too just like Dane, its name was Erista. Just like the one in the Switch now is called Mariko. These are Nvidia code names, not Nintendo code names.

The chip used in the original Switch has a code name too just like Dane, its name was Erista. Just like the one in the Switch now is called Mariko. These are Nvidia code names, not Nintendo code names.
Oh thanks, It is weird that this one doesn't have an official code name yet tho.

Oh thanks, It is weird that this one doesn't have an official code name yet tho.
We never learned what the official code name of the Lite or the 2019 refresh or the OLED are.

The firmware code names we knew, but we only knew of "NX" from Nintendo directly.

Will see you on Deck, tho!
True! That's also a factor in me being fairly uninterested in a Switch upgrade

I guess for me the Deck is a more worthwhile purchase than an upgraded Switch since it's a bigger expansion of the potential games I can play. Whereas I can't imagine Dane adding anything interesting and exclusive for a while

Nintendo should have tapped Tarsier to make a horror game for them after The Stretchers. Now that they've been bought that probably isn't happening anymore.

Christina Aguilera in the new Switch commercial.

Nice to have working moms in media. But when the hell did her son turn into teen? Like seriously? I am OLD. And yet she isn't.

I've been following the hardware discussion thread, and I have to admit, I can't understand a single word of what's being said. Y'all are way smarter then I am. The only thing I can add is that, I don't care about the hardware, except controllers, I just like video games.

....... Wait, maybe I shouldn't admit that last part.
I've actually learned a ton by lurking in the Hardware threads this year. The specific math confuses me but the concepts are incredible.

I've actually learned a ton by lurking in the Hardware threads this year. The specific math confuses me but the concepts are incredible.
I agree with you there. Some of the stuff that's mentioned is fascinating. There's just so many terms and numbers that it's like I'm back in high school trying to learn Spanish again. Only this time I can't cheat off my smart friend next to me. Not that I would do that.........

It is cool though and it's fun to think about just what could be coming. I have a pretty vivid imagination so I like to think about the Super Switch (please Nintendo call it the Super Switch!) and the things it might and might not be capable of.

Did anything ever come of those Mass Effect Legendary Edition Switch rumours? Are they dead? Would really like to have played them on Switch if possible, seem like great experiences for the SWOLED

Still confused by it im going to be honest, I really didnt read the hardware thread on era so it was my first time hearing of the dane. But it is cool that there are people who know what they are talking about and can speculate about that stuff.

Did anything ever come of those Mass Effect Legendary Edition Switch rumours? Are they dead? Would really like to have played them on Switch if possible, seem like great experiences for the SWOLED
They're 3 massive games, probably taking much more time than we first thought. Maybe they'll arrive next year. Even simple ports like Alan Wake has delayed release on Switch.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of my targets for Black Friday shopping. I'm also hoping to pick of Nier and Scarlett Nexus. Sadly for Nintendo, I am not looking for any of their games on sale this holiday

Because I'm a filthy casual capitalist that bought their games on Day 1

They're 3 massive games, probably taking much more time than we first thought. Maybe they'll arrive next year. Even simple ports like Alan Wake has delayed release on Switch.

Ooo so we still think it’s actually coming? Excellent, I’ve held off playing them on PS5 because I want a handheld version as they are lengthy games

My N64 controller came in today and I love it. My one complaint is that the Super Mario 3D All-Stars update with support for the controller doesn't support the rumble motor; Super Mario 64 only supports HD rumble, so I still can't feel something approximately like the original rumble pak for that game. I believe Sunshine also didn't support the GameCube rumble at launch, but the update that added support for the original controls also supported the rumble. Oh well.

Side note, I just noticed playtime for individual games in the NSO apps by looking at the details for each game.

Nvidia conference was today so we got more news on the orin/jetson stuff and some of the stuff is sounding cool like ray tracing. People are hyping up the dane features now.

RTX was something the devkits from late 2020 had featured, but it was a limited form of RTX. Another piece of puzzle fits.

We think they’ve got a good squad for the World Cup, impressive Euro performance

I expected more from Portugual at Euro. The young players didn't perform well (Bruno...). But I think WC will be strong.

Them Danes though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom