• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t be dead for me for years. Of course, I’m the king of delayed gratification so routinely get enjoyment out of the dirt cheap Wii/U/DS/3DS games I haven’t played. I could honestly have the switch last me another 10 years and be happy. The only pill to a new generation for me will be the new first party games.
I just bought an XBone this year. I think that makes me at least a duke.

No Blue Reflection, no Sophie 2.

Show some damn respect Nintendo smh
Famiboards is also disrespecting Blue Reflection. The game is actually getting reviewed very well, NintendoLife even gave it a 9/10. Where the hell is our review thread?

Even if it's all patched D1, I feel it still warrants criticism. It's disrespectful to the players that will buy a physical copy, if they're doing it because they want to play the game many years from now (like we do with all Pokémon games and they get really expensive), they will have an unfinished version of the game that doesn't have even a title screen and has placeholder music. It's ridiculous.

I won't get the game so it doesn't affect me personally, but boy is it a new low for Pokémon.
I definitely understand where you’re coming from, but unfortunately I think the days of having a game fully 100% ready to go on cart are rapidly disappearing. That’s already the case for tons of AAA games on PS5/XSX, and many Switch as well. It would not surprise me if the direction the industry takes, more long term, is to have physical shrink more and more, and at some point all (or most) games will require an online patch or connection/online verification and small download day 1 to even be playable due to leak paranoia. Some of this is already happening, but I expect it to just get worse and worse.

Not that I’m excusing it or anything, I just see that as the way things are moving.

I won't be surprised if the next Switch entry has a worse screen than the OLED model, that's kind of a Nintendo tradition.
I actually think it'll have the IPS LCD screen and be 6.2in.
I mean, the OLED is a premium product, and it costs 349,99.
Dane will be another premium product, that will already have a huge leap in performance and graphical output.
OLED just has to have something premium about it to keep selling alongside Dane, Lite and OG.
I don't know how costly Dane will be but I think 379,99 is the absolute highest it can get(SMO+Switch+case bundle in 2017).
So I think it'll be Lite for portable only, entrance/kids players, OLED for a handheld premium experience and premium design, Dane for hardcore enthusiasts, premium TV experience, and OG for the hybrid players that are mostly into Nintendo exclusives and indies or just people that don't want to expend more than 300$ on a console.

Tem risco sim, eles só fazem o meio de campo, é bom que dá pra pagar com boleto, sem precisar de cartão internacional e tal, pra coisa que não tem entrega aqui, ou que o lugar que for comprar já inclua o imposto e aí você pode arriscar, se não for taxado sai no lucro. Mas sempre que for comprar é bom deixar separado o valor, melhor ter na mão e não precisar que precisar e não ter.
Olha, infelizmente não sei dizer, consegui pegar o NSW ainda em 2017 caçando por lojas de SP no FB até achar o mais próximo da conversão direta do valor em dólar e por logística (o que peguei me entregaram na estação de metrô mesmo), mas naquela época o dólar tava bem mais acessível.
Sim sim, entendo. Talvez eu pegue o Lite porque vou ter o dinheiro todo na mão pra ele. Ou talvez eu consiga uma oferta legal ou mais dinheiro sobrando em dezembro pra pegar o híbrido tbm. Ou quem sabe em algum grupo alguém desesperado pra vender com jogo junto kkkkj.
Vou tentar pegar o RingFit pela Tienda Mia mais pra frente também.
Muito obrigade pelas dicas!!!

Nah, just playing on the twin memes - Nintendo's "Switch has games" advertising campaign and a small section of the Internet's claim that "Switch has no games".

Neither claim is true. Switch is powered entirely by our shitposting.
Switch is powered by sandwiches. It's right there in the name:

Subway
Without
Imminent
Threat of
Choking
Hazard

If the sizes I'm seeing are correct, the day one patch will be, at minimum, almost as big as the data in the cartridge, so no one really knows what state the game will be in after that.

It is pretty well documented that Sunshine and Windwaker had rushed development cycles, and both contain pretty obvious instances of content that was cut out to meet deadlines.
By that standard every single game is "unfinished"

Sunshine is a finished game in that it has nothing missing (AFAIK). Had they the time they could have refined and debugged it more, but calling it that implies a lot more than what you described. Something along the lines of major plot holes, or door warps that lead nowhere

"Unrefined" or "buggy" is more accurate. Idk, terminology is super important to me and it bugs me when people say something that's not entirely true.

Jesus Christ please yes gimme this
She and Ariana Grande even dress as Cereza in Rain on Me and the aesthetic of the video was clearly also inspired by Bayonetta. I mean, fanfic time, but I actually think it'll make the game do great.
I also think Black Pink is perfect for it idk why.

The fact that Xtina stans Pink Gold Peach and the Wario brothers makes me respect her a lot more actually.

You know, Bayonetta does tend to have a lot of vocal tracks in the OST, just in case Gaga is on Famiboards and listening.
* wink wink nudge nudge*

By that standard every single game is "unfinished"

Sunshine is a finished game in that it has nothing missing (AFAIK). Had they the time they could have refined and debugged it more, but calling it that implies a lot more than what you described. Something along the lines of major plot holes, or door warps that lead nowhere

"Unrefined" or "buggy" is more accurate. Idk, terminology is super important to me and it bugs me when people say something that's not entirely true.
To some degree, rushed is probably a better term, although there's a subjective line beyond which I think unfinished makes some amount of sense. Nearly every game has content cut from it during development or areas which could have used more polish, but it's uncommon that you really feel it while playing to the degree that you do with games like Sunshine, Windwaker, or Sword and Shield.

To give a counterexample, Xenoblade 2 was pretty obviously rushed and unpolished at launch, bit at no point while playing it did I get the sense it was an incomplete experience.

You know, Bayonetta does tend to have a lot of vocal tracks in the OST, just in case Gaga is on Famiboards and listening.
* wink wink nudge nudge*
your friendly reminder
ahlp0dicn6531.png

I know Nintendo just said something about investing like $900mil in game development and if some of that money doesn't include a budget for Gaga to contribute to the Bayo3 soundtrack I will both cry and scream in varying intervals

I'd pay for a Famiboards Gold that changed every mention of "Dane" to "Pikmin 4". At least this way I'd get excited when people say it's coming late 2022 and will feature ray tracing.

it's a sad time for raccoons

the pikmin 4 dream is dead, the dane will continue to dominate discourse for another year, monkepd looks more and more likely, NSO is getting even worse

the only solace I have is that big brain academy, the game of my childhood, is finally coming back

the pikmin 4 dream is dead, the dane will continue to dominate discourse for another year, monkepd looks more and more likely, NSO is getting even worse

the only solace I have is that big brain academy, the game of my childhood, is finally coming back
Why? Did I miss something?

fly-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

finished 3D world (well, got to the credits). wow, what a game.
now onto the extra world...

edit: unrelated but also, where the heck is picross S7. hurry up jupiter, that sega one does not count.

edit: unrelated but also, where the heck is picross S7. hurry up jupiter, that sega one does not count.
better question, where is the next mario picross? They just stopped making those for some reason

The difficulty spike of the first two levels of the Special World is the weirdest part of the game to me...dont get discouraged by them, everything beyond that is easier (until Crown world at least).

how does fami stay connected
via a series of tubes

I keep reading Dane as Dune goddammit. Switch Sandworm confirmed?
OLED is the mind-killer. OLED is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face the OLED. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the OLED has gone there will be nothing. Only Dane will remain.

The difficulty spike of the first two levels of the Special World is the weirdest part of the game to me...dont get discouraged by them, everything beyond that is easier (until Crown world at least).
omg there's another world after this one?!

better question, where is the next mario picross? They just stopped making those for some reason
yeah... or a pokemon picross. they should make a smaller nintendo themed one free for NSO subs tbh.

I don't care an iota about the OLED Switch, New New Switch, Switch 2, Vita Switch, or Switched ON! model of systems that have announced or rumored.

What I do care about, however, is the nature of @Raccoon. Find joy where you can, friend.

also, what the heck is monkepd

I don't care an iota about the OLED Switch, New New Switch, Switch 2, Vita Switch, or Switched ON! model of systems that have announced or rumored.

What I do care about, however, is the nature of @Raccoon. Find joy where you can, friend.

also, what the heck is monkepd
thank you, man

and monkepd is a donkey kong, most likely 2D, being made by EPD 8. I hate it because it's a waste of 3D talent but that's just me

I know this will sound like I'm trying to convince myself, but I don't feel short changed by the SwOLED (though I certainly don't blame people who do).
My launch switch was barely holding it together and I mostly play handheld so it was the right move for me, but I know it's not for everyone. Personally I'm on team 2023 for the next revision (so it can launch with MP4 teehee).
If it wouldn't be for the steam deck I also would have bought the OLED as my launch switch does show its age. But that way it would just have been to much money for me as I still expect dane in 2022.

That said what ever dane turns out to be i do hope that the og switch will also get all big games in the future in a good quality.

thank you, man

and monkepd is a donkey kong, most likely 2D, being made by EPD 8. I hate it because it's a waste of 3D talent but that's just me
If that rumour is true then 2D DK isn't coming from the 3D Mario team and is being made as EPD 8 expands in their new HQ. Same production group, different teams - like Animal Crossing and Splatoon in EPD 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom